Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

NEXT - Sharp practice

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2011, 09:23 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation NEXT - Sharp practice

Went to order some bedding from NEXT online. got to the checkout point and it didn't say if it was in stock. I called Customer Services (no surprises it is in India) to be told it would be around 7 working days. I asked if this was definitely 7 days and could not get a straight answer. I then asked if my card would be charged at the point of order or when the goods where dispatched. No surprises to find out it would be at the point of order.

I then rang around a few NEXT shops to see if i could locate it in store, no luck. In the end a friend who has a Next Directory offered to see if it was in stock/available, she was told the item would not be available until the 19th August! 30 days and not 7

So NEXT where happy to fob me off with false deadlines and sit on our £90.00 for a month in their account accruing interest. I would have thought in this day and age that retailers should be building relationships and trust with customers and not treating them in such a poor manner.
Old 20 July 2011, 09:42 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Next are con merchants. Both my wife and I have both had credit searches performed by them on our credit file that were not autherised. We have never even had a Next catalogue.
When I rang up to complain, the rude foreign lady asked me if we had ever been into a Next store. 'Probably,' I said. When I asked why that was important, she said that they may have taken certain details from me and there would have been a 'box' to tick if we didn't want a credit check performed! To which I replied, 'How the **** would you get details from me if I had just walked into the s*dding store?'

She then quizzed me on if I had ever used the Next website as the same can happen on there apparently too.

Finally got through to their fraud office and they agreed that as they could not prove when the requuest for credit came from, they would remove the searches.

Never, ever, EVER give your business that bunch of idiots.
Old 20 July 2011, 10:00 AM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

That's terrible, I hope you're ok? Shoot them all.
Old 20 July 2011, 10:46 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TinyTim
That's terrible, I hope you're ok? Shoot them all.
While your retort is amusing abuse of personal date is rife in this country and that is a prime example of it.

If it was me I would write to their data protection registrar asking for all information they hold on me to be prsented within 30 days and enclose a cheque for £10 (the maximum they can legally charge) ... if they fail to provide that information you can then take them to court... and you will win!

You would also be shocked if you requested that information from the DVLA btw as you will find out the DVLA gives your details to just about anyone who asks including companies such as parking firms in cities/towns you have never ever visited!
Old 20 July 2011, 10:49 AM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
While your retort is amusing abuse of personal date is rife in this country and that is a prime example of it.
I was referring to the OP, but thanks
Old 20 July 2011, 10:50 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

So it took you over 18 minutes to type that reply or is the quote function alien to you?
Old 20 July 2011, 10:53 AM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

So it took you over 18 minutes to type that reply or is the quote function alien to you?
Alright Captain keyboard, try smiling in the mirror.

Trending Topics

Old 20 July 2011, 10:54 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Alright Captain keyboard, try smiling in the mirror.
Try learning to use the forum
Old 20 July 2011, 10:59 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I would rather our money remained in our account until the goods where available and that false and misleading lead times are not acceptable.

Next could take a leaf out of Amazons book as they have the right idea!

F1 fan, it is the wide and diverse range of characters on SN that makes it such a fun place, even if some of them are obtuse batty-holes

Last edited by The Zohan; 20 July 2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 20 July 2011, 11:04 AM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

Try learning to use the forum
Try not to get upset dear.
Old 20 July 2011, 11:08 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Try not to get upset dear.
Dealing with idiots does that to me!
Old 20 July 2011, 11:15 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Dealing with idiots does that to me!
Remember, Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Old 20 July 2011, 11:22 AM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

Herself has a Next account and is always having bother with them, as above - they say thing are in stock or will be within the next few days and then they aren't for weeks afterwards or discontinued. Sometimes they send Her to wrong things or wrong colour or style, they even sent Her a pair of curtains that She didn't order (they didn't charge Her for them )
Usually when She phones them they are able to sort out these matter's and have even given Her free stuff. Next keep changing Her Credit limit too, She's up to the limit and then pays the minimum payment or maybe a bit more and then Next either bring down or raise the credit limit without telling Her.

On the plus side they do have some very fit staff in the shops when I have to return stuff that She has ordered and decided not to keep for various reasons.

windyboy
Old 20 July 2011, 11:34 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

F1 fan, stop trying to make friends on here. It obviously isn't working!

With regards to the data protection, I did threaten legel action over the phone and that was when he backed down and promised to remove the searches. He did try to blame the searches on identity theft. If that was the case, why would the the catalogue arrive at my door? What good is that to the thief?

I just found it amazing that they couldn't tell me where the request came from.
If you do a bit of research on the net, they do seem to do this sort of thing quite a bit.
Old 20 July 2011, 02:34 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Someone needs chocolate....
Old 20 July 2011, 06:12 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Open an account with them and then they will charge it when you get it, well, not even then, a month later and then pay it off, close account.
Old 20 July 2011, 06:45 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gear Head
Next are con merchants. Both my wife and I have both had credit searches performed by them on our credit file that were not autherised. We have never even had a Next catalogue.
When I rang up to complain, the rude foreign lady asked me if we had ever been into a Next store. 'Probably,' I said. When I asked why that was important, she said that they may have taken certain details from me and there would have been a 'box' to tick if we didn't want a credit check performed! To which I replied, 'How the **** would you get details from me if I had just walked into the s*dding store?'

She then quizzed me on if I had ever used the Next website as the same can happen on there apparently too.

Finally got through to their fraud office and they agreed that as they could not prove when the requuest for credit came from, they would remove the searches.

Never, ever, EVER give your business that bunch of idiots.
It's overpriced crap anyway - never use our Next shop, terrible for baby stuff too unless you have a girl.
Old 20 July 2011, 07:10 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Ive stopped shopping at next after 5 pairs of trousers fella apart! they do have some fitties but they are barly legal.. Debenhams have som real fitties!!!