Search this Thread

Old 03 July 2011, 10:23 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car insurance - It should drop now....whats the betting

It doesn't???

Given that the recent increases are supposedly due to ""uninsured"" drivers,

And now continuous insurance is in place ... to eliminate this, we should see a corresponding drop in premiums..

Yea right, I'm just waiting to see what ""factor"" will be used to bump the premiums over the next 12 months

Am i being cynical???

Mart
Old 03 July 2011, 11:00 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

No you’re not cynical, it unlikely to ever go down. I would say its close to breaking point with insurance costs,
The insurance companies will always find way to bump up premiums. Such as the insurance company had to pay out more money last year than previous years so your premium is now 15% more.
Yes I understand that they are in business to make money but it’s getting to the point where it’s simply ridiculous amount to insure anything. Also given the fact that it’s cheaper to have no insurance and pay the fine then something will have to give.

Richard
Old 03 July 2011, 06:52 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Only a very small percent of your premium is because of un-insured drivers, it's the increased PI (especially the fraudulent ones) that are causing the big increases some companies are reporting.

£2billion was paid out in 2010 just on whiplash claims.
Old 03 July 2011, 07:04 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If PI is the cause why do insurance companies sell our details to ambulance chasers?

I got massive amounts of rubbish offers for PI when I had my last accident, it was pathetic.
Old 03 July 2011, 07:11 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

My Honda was rear ended by an insured driver, driver admitted liability after trying to claim it was not her fault. She is insured with LV.

I had two calls from LV asking if the driver of my car was injured and if we wanted to claim for PI, both of which we declined as no injuries where sustained. I would say certain insurance companies where not playing the game and selling in PI leads!

Also it is supposedly the Ambulances/paramedics, Police and the recovery companies all with their snouts in the PI leads trough!

It may not be illegal but it is shoddy practice and all those involved should be ashamed, i guess they are too busty cashing the referral cheques to worry...
Old 03 July 2011, 09:18 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Zohan
My Honda was rear ended by an insured driver, driver admitted liability after trying to claim it was not her fault. She is insured with LV.

I had two calls from LV asking if the driver of my car was injured and if we wanted to claim for PI, both of which we declined as no injuries where sustained. I would say certain insurance companies where not playing the game and selling in PI leads!

Also it is supposedly the Ambulances/paramedics, Police and the recovery companies all with their snouts in the PI leads trough!

It may not be illegal but it is shoddy practice and all those involved should be ashamed, i guess they are too busty cashing the referral cheques to worry...
Agreed that ambulance chasing is a nasty business.

However, you may find that LV were looking to meet any injury claim of yours and hoped to cut there costs by offering rehabilitation and no doubt by avoiding attempting to avoid solicitors costs.

Although some cases do require legal representation, there are a fair number of non injury cases where solicitors take a hefty chunk of fees in what are in essence pretty straighforward recoveries.
Old 04 July 2011, 12:38 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Looks like they are happy to take the cash from the ambulance chasers and then use it as an excuse to increase the premiums.

Can't lose can they!

Les