Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Joss Stone plot

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 2011, 11:07 PM
scud8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joss Stone plot

Any theories? Muslim extremists planning to behead her on video? I saw some suggestions that the reason neighbours called the police was that they were a colour not normally seen in rural Devon.
Old 15 June 2011, 11:12 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Does seem odd.

Come to think of it they didn't mention the ethnicity of the alleged culprits, so you could be right because they would go out of their way to not say.

If it is not political I find it hard to believe it is random unless she or her family is mixed up in the underworld?
Old 15 June 2011, 11:34 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

stalker? blackmail? . If someone showed up in your house with a sword and a body bag and said 'give me 50k or we use both,' if you had 50k, would you be inclined to test their patience.

I think your post is a bit BNP if not racist...... If you don't know the facts, blame the muslims/darkies/pakis etc.
Old 15 June 2011, 11:35 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

They appear not to have Muslim names (Junior Bradshaw and Kevin Liverpool) but it is just bizarre all round.

Robbery, yes. But a body bag and swords? Most odd.
Old 15 June 2011, 11:39 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fast bloke
I think your post is a bit BNP if not racist...... If you don't know the facts, blame the muslims/darkies/pakis etc.
You back up exactly what Tony is on about with this sort of statement

It's pretty much politically incorrect to link minorities with crimes now because some leftie will come along and shout "racist!", so you'd be likely to see no mention of their race if this was the case, but reported on the BBC website for example.

It's a pretty shocking plot however - two swords and a body bag. Hope they go down for a long time.
Old 15 June 2011, 11:47 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Petem95
It's a pretty shocking plot however - two swords and a body bag. Hope they go down for a long time.
Not to mention their forensic-style overalls. They clearly had pretty sinister intentions.

What I can't figure out though is why her specifically? There must be dozens of celebs (and non-celebs alike) with equal or greater fortunes, so what made them pick her?
Old 15 June 2011, 11:49 PM
scud8
Scooby Regular

stalker? blackmail? . If someone showed up in your house with a sword and a body bag and said 'give me 50k or we use both,' if you had 50k, would you be inclined to test their patience.

Wow - I've just been called a racist online. I'll talk to my libel lawyer in the morning.

You really, really need to put some thought into what constitutes a racist statement. If I had said that all muslims are extremists then you would have a valid point. The fact is that muslim extremists exist, and they have been known the behead people on video. My speculation that this may have been the motive in this case says nothing about muslims in general.

I'm ready for my apology now.
Old 15 June 2011, 11:54 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suppose it's all speculation at the moment. But a couple of the reports mention her (half)brother being mixed up with drugs, at least in the past. Wonder if there is any link.

It could be fairly random though. She's a wealthy person, is there always a specific reason why someone is targetted over another if money is the motive?

It could be sinister/personal, it could just be she was the unfortunate target. Perhaps in time it'll all become clear.
Old 15 June 2011, 11:55 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by scud8
Wow - I've just been called a racist online. I'll talk to my libel lawyer in the morning.

You really, really need to put some thought into what constitutes a racist statement. If I had said that all muslims are extremists then you would have a valid point. The fact is that muslim extremists exist, and they have been known the behead people on video. My speculation that this may have been the motive in this case says nothing about muslims in general.

Don't hold your breath.

What knowledge do you have that makes you blame it on muslims. I mean proper knowledge, like stuff that you know. Not something you read in the press?
Old 16 June 2011, 12:00 AM
Lisawrx

Oh come on...he said he thought you POST seemed a bit BNP if not racist. He didn't say you were a racist as such. Plus it is a bit of a leap (although you have explained your thoughts) given there isn't much information right now.

I don't like to make too many assumptions, but the names aren't typically Muslim either.
Old 16 June 2011, 12:02 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
You back up exactly what Tony is on about with this sort of statement

It's pretty much politically incorrect to link minorities with crimes now because some leftie will come along and shout "racist!", so you'd be likely to see no mention of their race if this was the case, but reported on the BBC website for example.
If the report stated actual facts, then I could make a call on it, but when you get crap like 'they didn't mention the ethnicity of the culprits' then you have to wonder why it can't be a couple of paddys trying to make a few grand.

If you can't tell the difference between what you know and what you think, then you should maybe work a bit more on finding out the difference rather than criticizing those who at least have the intelligence to know what they don't know

Last edited by fast bloke; 16 June 2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 16 June 2011, 12:15 AM
scud8
Scooby Regular

Don't hold your breath.

What knowledge do you have that makes you blame it on muslims. I mean proper knowledge, like stuff that you know. Not something you read in the press?
I didn't blame it on muslims, I speculated that the assailants could be muslim extremists. I totally admit this is speculation on my part, purely suggested by the reported presence of swords and a body-bag.
Old 16 June 2011, 12:26 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

It could equally have been the ninja coroners? No real evidence either way?

It is easy to speculate based on rumour, but you need to appreciate that your speculation can be twisted or misread as a statement of fact, as Tony and Pete have both demonstrated.
Old 16 June 2011, 12:30 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

How about, if I post

"Joss Stone plot" any suggestions? Scud8 as he was the first to mention it and is obviously influenced by weapons of destruction favoured by muslims?

Equally speculative, equally lacking in any sort of fact, but setting the seed for you to pay a long and painful visit to Guantanamo.
Old 16 June 2011, 12:35 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
They appear not to have Muslim names (Junior Bradshaw and Kevin Liverpool) but it is just bizarre all round.

Robbery, yes. But a body bag and swords? Most odd.
IMO those names are more caribbean-ish than moslem-ish. Not a ham or an iq or a huss in sight...
Old 16 June 2011, 12:39 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I thought Junior Bradshaw sounded like a name from KKK history.
Old 16 June 2011, 12:42 AM
Lisawrx

A quick look into sword crimes, and I find this.... alarmingly just along the road from where I live

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/c...jail_1_3310425

Perhaps swords are the new choice of weapon for Northerners

Seriously though, I can see why this has been taken a bit badly. It was a big assumption to make and naturally people have picked up on it. It's not imo to do with being PC either, it's just more about not just jumping to conclusions.

BTW, the report I have linked doesn't mention anything to do with ethnicity either so I suppose the people involved must be foreign (judging by the thought processes of some on here)
Old 16 June 2011, 12:48 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Worse than foreigners.... they might be northerners We can therefore conclude using the logic of the above posters that all Northerners are muslim extremists. Thanks for setting us straight on that Scud, Tony and Pete
Old 16 June 2011, 12:53 AM
Lisawrx

Worse than foreigners.... they might be northerners We can therefore conclude using the logic of the above posters that all Northerners are muslim extremists. Thanks for setting us straight on that Scud, Tony and Pete
They apparently are Northerners...it's reported they are from Manchester.
Old 16 June 2011, 01:02 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Chaos
Old 16 June 2011, 01:11 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
They apparently are Northerners...it's reported they are from Manchester.

Is KKK big in Manchester?
Old 16 June 2011, 01:11 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by dpb
Chaos
I would think you might be correct on this one
Old 16 June 2011, 01:40 AM
Lisawrx

Is KKK big in Manchester?
Fooked if I know. I'm from far further up north than that.
Old 16 June 2011, 05:58 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Talking

I think we call them solicitors in this country mate !

Either integrate with us Brits, or **** off back to where ever you come from
Old 16 June 2011, 07:16 AM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Perhaps they were sent from the Justice Dept. for Making Good Music, which Joss Stone doesn't do.
Old 16 June 2011, 07:18 AM
scud8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
I think we call them solicitors in this country mate !

Either integrate with us Brits, or **** off back to where ever you come from
Sorry - I do too much business with US companies. Please don't send me back to Wales
Old 16 June 2011, 07:24 AM
scud8
Scooby Regular

You seem to be the only person here using the term "muslim" and "muslim extremist" interchangeably. I'm entirely comfortable that "muslim extremists" are a very small group of people compared to muslims in general and in no way act on behalf of, or enjoy the support of, the general muslim population.
Old 16 June 2011, 10:10 AM
specialx
Former Sponsor

So back on track, what do you think they were up to?

Will we ever know?

I even thought is it a staged TV stunt that got out of hand?

madworld!

Not her biggest fan but I would.....

Last edited by specialx; 16 June 2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 16 June 2011, 12:21 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Old 16 June 2011, 12:46 PM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

I'd stab her... with my pork sword LOL

windyboy

Quick Reply: Joss Stone plot