Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Misbehaving mums to be BBC 3!!!

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2011, 11:44 PM
steffi4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misbehaving mums to be BBC 3!!!

Someone help these babies! What chance do they have with these for parents??? God save us all if this is the next generation
Old 15 April 2011, 09:35 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Watched that, yet more reason to be made to pass some sort of test before being allowed to procreate Should be made to do some sort of parenting test, be able to show you have the financial means to support a child, if you smoke have given up for at least a year already, and if obese get down to a normal weight before going for it.

In some ways I'm now kind of glad the missus talked me into it. At least we have a chance of providing the next generation of doctors, scientists, or other genius that can help to improve humanity. Educated middle class types get breeding now or the UK will be completely overrun with chavs
Old 15 April 2011, 09:39 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

+1 to both the above comments
Old 15 April 2011, 11:10 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Would it be in bad taste to enquire if a Falcon punch would be a suitable/effective means of sorting out this 'problem'? :
Old 15 April 2011, 11:19 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Would it be in bad taste to enquire if a Falcon punch would be a suitable/effective means of sorting out this 'problem'? :
From my perspective of me being in a working class family who does get a little help yes it is in bad taste. But from a tongue-in-cheek point of view...lol

And at CD, I'm sure doctors, teachers and other 'professional' careers can be forged from those who come from less than "middle class educated" backgrounds. Suggesting other wise shows you up for the arrogant individual you are
Old 15 April 2011, 11:31 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Alright, I'll leave captain Falcon out of it

Take 'em away and put them with people who want to adopt. At least then they have a chance of living in a stable family background.
Old 15 April 2011, 11:52 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Alright, I'll leave captain Falcon out of it

Take 'em away and put them with people who want to adopt. At least then they have a chance of living in a stable family background.

Trending Topics

Old 15 April 2011, 11:59 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Andy is right.

My wife's mum brought up NINE kids in a steel council house, ENTIRELY on benefits, after her husband walked out on her and was never found by the social.

She had three daughters by a previous marriage, he had three sons by a previous marriage and they produced my wife, her younger sister and her younger brother, before he walked out when the wife was 5.

Of those nine, two of the three lads went into the forces, and although one is now retired, the other now works in logistics. The younger of those three is a joiner.

Of her three older sisters, all three live in Australia, all three worked all their lives and have extended families.

Of the three younger kids, the wife is a well-regarded primary headteacher, her younger sister works for the exams and entry dept at University of London and her younger bro is a chef, and has owned his own small place, plus has worked all over the world.

Not one of them has ever claimed any benefits, or been in trouble with the police, etc.

So it CAN be done!
Old 15 April 2011, 01:24 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
From my perspective of me being in a working class family who does get a little help yes it is in bad taste. But from a tongue-in-cheek point of view...lol

And at CD, I'm sure doctors, teachers and other 'professional' careers can be forged from those who come from less than "middle class educated" backgrounds. Suggesting other wise shows you up for the arrogant individual you are
Do you honestly think I was being serious with those comments, thought the and might have given the game away. Must put some sort of disclaimer after a post like that in future

I wouldn't exactly say I'm from a wealthy background, my Dad would consider himself working class, my Mum gave up work to bring us up. We never had much money but we were kept stimulated and encouraged during our education. I've done well so far in my life but only really through lots of study initially (Engineering Degrees are not easy!) then solid work / putting the hours, etc.
Old 15 April 2011, 02:44 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Andy is right.

My wife's mum brought up NINE kids in a steel council house, ENTIRELY on benefits, after her husband walked out on her and was never found by the social.

She had three daughters by a previous marriage, he had three sons by a previous marriage and they produced my wife, her younger sister and her younger brother, before he walked out when the wife was 5.

Of those nine, two of the three lads went into the forces, and although one is now retired, the other now works in logistics. The younger of those three is a joiner.

Of her three older sisters, all three live in Australia, all three worked all their lives and have extended families.

Of the three younger kids, the wife is a well-regarded primary headteacher, her younger sister works for the exams and entry dept at University of London and her younger bro is a chef, and has owned his own small place, plus has worked all over the world.

Not one of them has ever claimed any benefits, or been in trouble with the police, etc.

So it CAN be done!
Yes it certainly can, but only with a good sense of responsibility and the strength of will to be able to bring all that lot up as well as she did. You won't need me to tell you what a star she is.

In days gone by, it was standard practice for parents to work at bringing their children up properly and in most cases to produce well adjusted children with the will to do well and to work to improve themselves too.

Something has happened to a generation to produce a whole set of parents who don't care about their children or how they are brought up. They are too selfish to work at it and we see the unfortunate results. The pc attitude towards corporal punishment or any real punishment for that matter serves only to make matters worse. The problem will just get worse for the next generation of course.

People like Ken Clarke have got the entirely wrong idea about punishment as a form of correction and their ideas about rehabilition of through and through criminals is so much hogwash. God knows how much damage that is going to cause to society. The crims will just laugh behind their hands and carry on as before!

Les
Old 15 April 2011, 02:47 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

... and after sitting all the way through it - they were all munters as well
Old 15 April 2011, 05:58 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger
Do you honestly think I was being serious with those comments, thought the and might have given the game away. Must put some sort of disclaimer after a post like that in future
Noticing after calling you arrogant I too had a on my post. Must put a disclaimer......

On topic, there probably are more folk from better backgrounds in the better jobs but there is a fair chunk who've cone from nothing and have done well.
Old 16 April 2011, 07:39 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

all those girls needed a good kick up the chuff.