Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A&E time wasters

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2011, 02:10 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A&E time wasters

What is it with the unwashed masses and their obsession with going to A&E for the slightest ailment?

Last night I had the misfortune to be there after my father was rushed in and it was mostly filled with what appeared to healthy people!

I overheard the family next to me say 'see I told you we should have come last night, look how busy they are tonight' - what emergency can be put off for 24hrs?!

After speaking to the nurse, she said that this month alone they have people turn up with sore throat, lightly cut thumb and scabby ear from new ear piecing
Old 12 April 2011, 02:18 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

I was playing ball with my boy, it bounced awkwardly and caught my left hand pinkie, took the end of it out of joint, almost at right angles.

It looked very wrong, and it hurt.

After I had ran around screaming and shown the wife I did the very manly thing of wrapping a towel round it and clicking it back into position.

A&E... it's for puffters

(No offence meant to your dad BTW )
Old 12 April 2011, 02:23 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Always seems to be filled with druggies and binge drinkers whenever I have the displeasure of visiting my local A&E.
Old 12 April 2011, 03:08 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I treat A&E like Mr.T treats planes; You'd have to knock me out first before you can get me in to one.
Old 12 April 2011, 03:15 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Went to A&E last august when i thought i might have cracked a rib ( windsurf catapault ) came away after 2 hr wait cos, couldnt be bothered to wait after being continually demoted in favour of these charlies with mere flesh wounds

Last one to come in was a father an son effort, son was forced to pester those in charge for a step up the queue

dad grimacing and wailing with possibly a broken arm , quite bit of blood as well from head/ else
...some of it might have been for effect
Old 12 April 2011, 03:42 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Yep, seen it myself and think its horrific. last time I was in I was the driver to my neighbour who had laserated her hand cutting up sausages and did need stiches.

Whilst I was waiting, 1 guy walked in having cut his hand a week ago and didn't like being told there was nothing they could do now it was practially healed. As they knew him by name, I'm guessing a perpetual attendee.
Old 12 April 2011, 04:20 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

To be fair you could have cut yourself days ago, but then it gets infected and you have to go to A&E with that.

Some peeps seem to have no clue though about the most simple medical facts and therefore able to say to themselves they have no need of A&E services, like the morons who go to Doctors just because they have a common cold.

I think most of 'em shop at Tesco.

Trending Topics

Old 12 April 2011, 04:25 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Speaking to an paramedic the other day they regularly get called out by 'regulars' mostly drink and drug related which takes up their time, they have to attend 999 calls. One recently, a polish chap and an alcoholic just wanted her to get him help to get off the drink after she raced to his flat due to a 999 call. Not the first time, he does this regularly when he is in a real state and usually after days and days of heavy drinking sessions This guy is on disablilty benefits due to his alcohol abuse and spends his benefits buying booze and little else whilst tax payers keep him in council accommodation and in money to feed his addiction

Personally i would let the alchies and druggies drink and inject themselves to death sooner rather than later.
Old 12 April 2011, 06:30 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Whenever I have needed to go I have phoned up the emergency doctor at the surgery who books me an appointment at A&E. Wait for 45 minutes at home, feet up before heading down and waltzing past everyone in the queue.