Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

So much for the working man!

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2011, 01:09 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So much for the working man!

Just had a letter stating that our working tax credit is being taken off us.

Great incentive to go to work.

Now I'm feelin so bitter about selling the car. I only did it to free up some disposable income, and now we are back to square one.
Old 09 April 2011, 01:13 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983

Now I'm feelin so bitter about selling the car. I only did it to free up some disposable income, and now we are back to square one.
I get £6.00 a week

But me and Nat are uber careful with whatever we have so just go without treats if needs be.

What were you getting? As I'm only just over min wage as a second year apprentice whilst Nats on statutory maternity pay. We cope just about with the little un
Old 09 April 2011, 01:38 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
I get £6.00 a week

But me and Nat are uber careful with whatever we have so just go without treats if needs be.

What were you getting? As I'm only just over min wage as a second year apprentice whilst Nats on statutory maternity pay. We cope just about with the little un
The same, not much, but it all makes a difference.
Old 09 April 2011, 01:38 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No tax credit here...just child allowance which i will lose it 2013 if the government stick to their plans...
Old 09 April 2011, 01:50 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

i dont get neither of the above but the governemnt are f?!?!?g up a lot of people, im seen a lot of tenants are starting to stress already not good
Old 09 April 2011, 01:55 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

They really are picking on the wrong people.
I can see a few more folks kicking off before too long.
Old 09 April 2011, 02:14 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
They really are picking on the wrong people.
I can see a few more folks kicking off before too long.
But then you'll get the same old argument from the upper earners saying why should low earners like myself be 'paid' for having kids, and before you know it we have a 10 page debacle which will no doubt be ruined by TdW and JTaylor when they move onto Libya or Muslims in general

Trending Topics

Old 09 April 2011, 02:23 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
But then you'll get the same old argument from the upper earners saying why should low earners like myself be 'paid' for having kids, and before you know it we have a 10 page debacle which will no doubt be ruined by TdW and JTaylor when they move onto Libya or Muslims in general
But working tax credits are not paying for people to have children.

Families are struggling and getting annoyed because it is based on one income to the household.

Joe bloggs might earn £41k and get no 'benefits', yet his wife is a 'housewife/full time mum' (whatever) yet James bloggs around the corner earns £38k gets his benefits, but his mrs also earns £39.

It's just plain wrong, the system is wrong. It should be based on TOTAL family income.

Last edited by Hysteria1983; 09 April 2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09 April 2011, 02:29 PM
bugeyejohn
Scooby Regular

If you receive working tax credit your only about £20 a week better off than income support plus you have running costs to get to work,is it any wonder some don't want to work
Old 09 April 2011, 02:38 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bugeyejohn
If you receive working tax credit your only about £20 a week better off than income support plus you have running costs to get to work,is it any wonder some don't want to work
Lol.... I think you need to do some reading.... Not all people who are eligible for etc are only £20 better off the IS. but you will find that is the lowest eligible amount that you can earn to get it.
Old 09 April 2011, 03:20 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

Is it worth getting worked up over £6 a week?....i'm a 1 oncome household btw, 2 kids under 5, no tax credit just child allowance and my income not a penny more.

Which ever way you cut it, this is the result of "new labour" spending money like drunken sailors for 8 long years. This government is only trying to recoup the losses of Tony Blair and his spending spree. Its nothing personal.

I do agree with correct means testing for benifits but also agree that if you cannot financially commit to children you ABSOLUTLEY should' nt have them. There is NOTHING i hate more than seeing chav scum with kids, living off my dollor.

If i'm honest why should having kids mean you should get anything at all??.....surely the fairest system is to stop all benifits?>
Old 09 April 2011, 03:22 PM
bugeyejohn
Scooby Regular

Lol.... I think you need to do some reading.... Not all people who are eligible for etc are only £20 better off the IS. but you will find that is the lowest eligible amount that you can earn to get it.
Thats right thats what we had 18 months ago,we went down to one wage of £100 part time with only those hours it was a waste of time.I always thought it was based on joint income not the lowest.

Last edited by bugeyejohn; 09 April 2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: cnt spll
Old 09 April 2011, 03:26 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

What are you all moaning about, we're all in this together. Dave said so. The money for the £14million bombing missions has to come from somewhere FFS so stop being so selfish
Old 09 April 2011, 03:41 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SpecDscooby
Is it worth getting worked up over £6 a week?....i'm a 1 oncome household btw, 2 kids under 5, no tax credit just child allowance and my income not a penny more.

Which ever way you cut it, this is the result of "new labour" spending money like drunken sailors for 8 long years. This government is only trying to recoup the losses of Tony Blair and his spending spree. Its nothing personal.

I do agree with correct means testing for benifits but also agree that if you cannot financially commit to children you ABSOLUTLEY should' nt have them. There is NOTHING i hate more than seeing chav scum with kids, living off my dollor.

If i'm honest why should having kids mean you should get anything at all??.....surely the fairest system is to stop all benifits?>

I am with you on that one!

I'm not going to struggle by not getting that money, I am in the same position as you, two children under 5 with only one parent earning. We have never needed any money from the government, but as we were entitled to a slice of the benefits cake we took our share. Albeit a small one!

It's just like a big slap in the face, people practically get paid NOT to work these days.

I found out after googling stuff, that if you earn less than £16k a year and have family in prison, you get given the money to visit them.
Well maybe not anymore....

Last edited by Hysteria1983; 09 April 2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09 April 2011, 03:44 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

Absolutley take what you can!!....the government will get it back in spades!...my view is....no one gets anything.....might that make the chavs think twice>?.....probably not i guess
Old 09 April 2011, 06:06 PM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

Mrs P you have it all wrong, we get NO working tax credit, its CHILD TAX CREDIT they are taking away from us. It might only be £545 a year, but its still £45/month. Good job the scoob has gone.

Last edited by Proby521; 09 April 2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Fat fingers
Old 09 April 2011, 06:18 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Proby521
Mrs P you have it all wrong, we get NO working tax credit, its CHILD TAX CREDIT they are taking away from us. It might only be £545 a year, but its still £45/month. Good job the scoob has gone.
Get it right I'm NOT Mrs P, I am Miss E!

Despite what facebook says!

I am sure we will get there one day
Old 09 April 2011, 06:51 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

They need to be targetting those whom claim private rent money to the tune of 4k a month. Surely it makes more sense for the government to simply buy a house of suitable size (cheapest within 20 miles of current location) and pay the interest on the mortgage ! When the scroungers move on, they then have an asset which is either ready to re-rent, or sell on at profit.
Old 09 April 2011, 06:59 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Who is Mrs P

Is it baby p mother ?
Old 09 April 2011, 07:20 PM
mattvortex
Scooby Regular

I agree with some of the other comments in that if you cant finance your life and the kids by your own means, then dont have kids-or if you do, thats your look-out!

I dont get tax credits by choosing to run expensive cars, so why should people get tax credits when they choose to have kids?

I unfortunately have a low-life cousin who is now 38 but not worked since he was 18. He now has 4 kids (latest just recently) paid for by you and me. I wish the Dss had told him that if he chose to have kids he couldnt afford to look after himself then tough, as you're not getting a penny.

Obviously, i understand that people lose jobs, split-up etc but iam talking about the situations where they start families when they're unemployed or on too low an income to raise kids, expecting us to pick up the bill!
Old 09 April 2011, 07:26 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Millioniare Cameron and Osborne says we are all in it together ..... they are suffering just as much as the rest of us!!!

You lot voted for them ................................ bend over and think of England!
Old 09 April 2011, 07:33 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

You have kids, it's your choice. Pay for them.
Old 09 April 2011, 07:43 PM
mattvortex
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Millioniare Cameron and Osborne says we are all in it together ..... they are suffering just as much as the rest of us!!!

You lot voted for them ................................ bend over and think of England!
I hope they do rein in these help yourself benefits and tax credits- unlike your beloved Labour.
Old 09 April 2011, 07:46 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

If you need Government handouts in order to bring up children, the answer is simple. Don't have children.

I have no children (by choice) so why should I get taxed more so people who want children get free handouts?
Old 09 April 2011, 07:50 PM
bugeyejohn
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

I didn't i voted tactically for what turns out to be the other shower,at the time i didn't know they were Tories in disguise we live and learn

Last edited by bugeyejohn; 09 April 2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09 April 2011, 07:56 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattvortex
I unfortunately have a low-life cousin who is now 38 but not worked since he was 18. He now has 4 kids (latest just recently) paid for by you and me. I wish the Dss had told him that if he chose to have kids he couldnt afford to look after himself then tough, as you're not getting a penny.

I know someone like that. She honestly thinks that the Government owes her a living.
Old 09 April 2011, 08:03 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
If you need Government handouts in order to bring up children, the answer is simple. Don't have children.

I have no children (by choice) so why should I get taxed more so people who want children get free handouts?
How are they getting free handouts? , when they have/still paying Into the system. The amount of tax I've paid over the years I'd like something back.
Old 09 April 2011, 08:04 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover

If you knew me, then you would know I do NOT rely on any handouts from the government and nobody pays to bring my children up other than me and their dad.

I have worked since I was 16, left home at 18 and bought a house, then had 1 child. I went back to work part time, then had my second child. Then I chose to give up my position to look after my children.

Not once have I been given handouts, or relied on anyone other than my partner and he has managed to privede for us, pay a mortgage and run two cars for the last four years.

Now as a thank you the one benefit that EVERY PARENT gets, is being taken away.
Old 09 April 2011, 08:06 PM
Mrfastbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
You have kids, it's your choice. Pay for them.
plus 1 and another thing all these hand outs to the immigrants who come to the country you and me at work have to pay for these and they have loads of kids and free benefits this should stop you have children and you should pay for them or be limited to one child and the benefit for thast child. a friend of ours works part time has 2 children by her ex husband they are now 20 and 22 she has another child by an ex partner who is now 8 years old she has a new car every 3 years runs a 3 bed semi detached house works part tiem 15 hours a week currently off sick for the last 10 months her garden is immaculate she went on holdiay to tureky last couple of years we both worj full time smaller mortgage and we dont struggle but we couldnt afford a holiday last year or the year before where are we going wrong ........

Quick Reply: So much for the working man!