Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Annoying the neighboors...

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2011, 10:18 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Annoying the neighboors...

What have you done to antagonise relationships with your neighbors?

This morning a neighbor (well a neighbor of my parents) moaned to me about the noise from my Skyline - which I was warming up. He said it "may sound good to you but it sounds like a bloody loud diesel to me".

I was quite insulted and angry...

...it sounds nothing like a dirty oil burner.

Anyway this old bloke was all stressed and angry in body language when he spoke to me. I was just polite because it's where my parents live and I want to keep the peace, but seriously the car just gets turned over every now and again, it's not like I'm bashing it off the limiter at 5am.
Old 08 April 2011, 10:20 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Listen son, when I tell you it sounds like a diesel, I mean it.

KEEP THE BLOODY NOISE DOWN!

Old 08 April 2011, 10:28 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to say ours are pretty good.

Though someone felt it good to use the vuvuzela all the time during the world cup.

Anyway in the end i got fedup, cranked the hifi up for 10 minutes with nothing but vuvu's pouring out.

I think they got the message

Bear in mind i have quite big speakers
Old 08 April 2011, 10:32 PM
demonsurfer
Scooby Regular

mine have not said anything about me warming my car up at 06.00am <3" decat on > well not said anything yet but if they do i will reply with well its ok for you to have your music on all day especially when im on nights
Old 08 April 2011, 10:45 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Mine were very annoyed when we landscaped and tidied everything up To the point that the mad old bint swung for me, and now has a caution for assault on her record I don't think she likes the CCTV we have installed either, as it will provide evidence against her if she carries on like she used to (snooping about our garden, pilfering odds & sods, thinking she owns the bloody place ).
Old 08 April 2011, 10:47 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh do tell more?
Old 08 April 2011, 10:53 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ww3 every firework night 2 houses over the back have a dog that barks its ***** off every night at 11pm it supprising what you can do with a 24quid pack of rocktets and a length of 2inch tube got the trajectory perfect last year with a monster 28quid rocket it exploded about 10feet above her conservetory dog **** everywhere i would assume mixed in with beer and wine as they where having a party as well . best night of 2010 roll on this november 5th i have plans

Trending Topics

Old 08 April 2011, 10:54 PM
Hammie82
Scooby Regular

My neighbours are great! They keep an eye on my car! Well all 3 of them
They never wine or complain about anything!!!! Saying that they know I extend the same courtesy when it's needed aswell
Old 08 April 2011, 10:54 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hux309
Oh do tell more?
https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ory-sorry.html
Old 08 April 2011, 10:55 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Mine were very annoyed when we landscaped and tidied everything up To the point that the mad old bint swung for me, and now has a caution for assault on her record I don't think she likes the CCTV we have installed either, as it will provide evidence against her if she carries on like she used to (snooping about our garden, pilfering odds & sods, thinking she owns the bloody place ).

Oooh, I forgot about this!

Fill us in!
Old 08 April 2011, 11:02 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
How's that working out for you? I remember you said she had dementia and stressed your pregnant wife?
Old 08 April 2011, 11:08 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by oldsplice
Fill us in!
Do bend over then
Old 08 April 2011, 11:08 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Things have settled down. No words have been spoken between us and she keeps herself to herself thankfully. CCTV is up and running and so far she hasn't done anything wrong, although just before it went active the M-in-Law was babysitting whilst we were both out, and spotted her snooping around, wrongly assuming that because both cars weren't there that the house was empty. In truth, this situation, although tenuous, is actually preferable to when we were friends with her as I always disliked her.
Old 08 April 2011, 11:10 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

The old dear in the flat above keeps dropping in.

She must have died a few months ago as her body fluids are quite whiffy now.

Old 08 April 2011, 11:29 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
it's not like I'm bashing it off the limiter at 5am.
if you are sleeping at your parents - keep the door locked
Old 09 April 2011, 12:37 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We annoyed our neighbours totally by accident. Once a week (max. and always a Saturday) we used to listen to some music. Obviously too loudly. Apparently the police came out, yet we've never spoken to them and they then went on to report us to the council.

The annoying thing to me, is I would never do anything to deliberately upset anyone else, and we 'seemed' to get on with them, yet they never at any time just had a word about it, even when passing. It turned out they had even got the council to monitor the noise (they found no readings to be too loud), yet despite this, the council sent us a final reminder before action would be taken.... even though we had never been contacted prior to this. This was complained about but nothing came of it, but I sorted (or thought I had) things by speaking to them myself.

Because this is my Mams house (long story) I was very civil about it and apologised, regardless of the fact I wanted to let loose a bit. We don't get alot of noise from them generally, but probably a similar amount, however, I accept that is part of living in a semi with **** walls, plus being used to the previous owner (god rest his soul) and noise from him. It's give and take imo. We have put up with noisy kids, their dog barking, people ragging their cars outside, their sh1tty ivy all over our garden, the trees in the back garden partially blocking ours and the windows (not to mention I fear they will knock our fence down, like the ivy helped the front one along the way), now the prickly bush things coming through the fence too. But all that and more, we have just put up with, it's life.

What annoys me is we are the bad people for listening to some music on a weekend night, not even weekly as a relax after a week at work (as we can't really afford to go out), some on here may take that view too, so I'm not looking for support. But the reason for him being a dick was that it disturbed his sleep, not surprising because he lay in bed most of the day as he doesn't even work (nor does she). Apparently has a bad back, but can hump stuff about/work on the car etc.

They really **** me off. Just recently, after months of almost silence, we put some music on only through youtube and kept it quite low, trying to be respectful, low enough we heard the door for our takeaway (and he doesn't knock loudly), so at best they may have heard faint noise, yet the next night (when they knew we would be getting up for work), they felt the need to play music at full belt, with bass until after 5 in the morning, and they have the cheek to moan about us.

That was either some sort of late revenge, or lack of thought on their part, but my satisfaction came from saying nothing, being nice if I passed them. Sometimes the best reaction is no reaction at all.

I expect to be flamed for daring to listen to some music on the odd sat night.
Old 09 April 2011, 12:38 AM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

The old bint from next door insists on putting enough food out in the garden for every creature within about a 50 mile radius.

I don't mind people feeding birds, but the amounts of stuff she puts out at multiple times of the day takes the **** a bit. The amount of noise generated by the crows, magpies and seagulls is deafening. We cant sit out on our patio.

She leaves food out for the cats, so we have about 20 cats a day hanging around. They are either waiting for the cat food or trying to get at the birds she also feeds.

Then on a night she puts food out for hedgehogs & god only knows what other vermin that are attracted.

Always last Saturday I spent hours cleaning & polishing my car. It was immaculate by the time I was finished.

By the Sunday it was caked in bird crap again. Not just a few spots, I mean caked in it.

So on the Sunday afternoon I was cleaning the fresh deposits off, as the old bint & her husband pulled up on their driveway.

A comment was made about me cleaning it only the day before.

So without thinking, I let out a rant about inconsiderate neighbours, containing quite a few expletives and letting them know some home truth's. Rounded up with a nice sarcastic smile.

Haven't seen or spoken to them since.
Old 09 April 2011, 12:43 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe
The old bint from next door insists on putting enough food out in the garden for every creature within about a 50 mile radius.

I don't mind people feeding birds, but the amounts of stuff she puts out at multiple times of the day takes the **** a bit. The amount of noise generated by the crows, magpies and seagulls is deafening. We cant sit out on our patio.

She leaves food out for the cats, so we have about 20 cats a day hanging around. They are either waiting for the cat food or trying to get at the birds she also feeds.

Then on a night she puts food out for hedgehogs & god only knows what other vermin that are attracted.

Always last Saturday I spent hours cleaning & polishing my car. It was immaculate by the time I was finished.

By the Sunday it was caked in bird crap again. Not just a few spots, I mean caked in it.

So on the Sunday afternoon I was cleaning the fresh deposits off, as the old bint & her husband pulled up on their driveway.

A comment was made about me cleaning it only the day before.

So without thinking, I let out a rant about inconsiderate neighbours, containing quite a few expletives and letting them know some home truth's. Rounded up with a nice sarcastic smile.

Haven't seen or spoken to them since.
We have a similar problem with our other neighbours, but I didn't dare to mention given my last reply.
Old 09 April 2011, 01:30 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Our old neighbours had a hole in their fence and their dog was forever sh1tting in our garden and tearing our bags open. They did **** all about until one day we got home and found a not in the door asking not to leave chicken bones in our rubbish. Their dog had eaten some bones and for some reason could not digest them so had to go to the vets and have them removed.

I also came home once to find their son taking nails out of my tree house, apparently he was making it safer
Old 09 April 2011, 06:40 AM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Whats this neighbours thing you talk of ?
Is it a Commoners thing ?? lol.
Old 09 April 2011, 07:59 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
We annoyed our neighbours totally by accident. Once a week (max. and always a Saturday) we used to listen to some music. Obviously too loudly. Apparently the police came out, yet we've never spoken to them and they then went on to report us to the council.

The annoying thing to me, is I would never do anything to deliberately upset anyone else, and we 'seemed' to get on with them, yet they never at any time just had a word about it, even when passing. It turned out they had even got the council to monitor the noise (they found no readings to be too loud), yet despite this, the council sent us a final reminder before action would be taken.... even though we had never been contacted prior to this. This was complained about but nothing came of it, but I sorted (or thought I had) things by speaking to them myself.

Because this is my Mams house (long story) I was very civil about it and apologised, regardless of the fact I wanted to let loose a bit. We don't get alot of noise from them generally, but probably a similar amount, however, I accept that is part of living in a semi with **** walls, plus being used to the previous owner (god rest his soul) and noise from him. It's give and take imo. We have put up with noisy kids, their dog barking, people ragging their cars outside, their sh1tty ivy all over our garden, the trees in the back garden partially blocking ours and the windows (not to mention I fear they will knock our fence down, like the ivy helped the front one along the way), now the prickly bush things coming through the fence too. But all that and more, we have just put up with, it's life.

What annoys me is we are the bad people for listening to some music on a weekend night, not even weekly as a relax after a week at work (as we can't really afford to go out), some on here may take that view too, so I'm not looking for support. But the reason for him being a dick was that it disturbed his sleep, not surprising because he lay in bed most of the day as he doesn't even work (nor does she). Apparently has a bad back, but can hump stuff about/work on the car etc.

They really **** me off. Just recently, after months of almost silence, we put some music on only through youtube and kept it quite low, trying to be respectful, low enough we heard the door for our takeaway (and he doesn't knock loudly), so at best they may have heard faint noise, yet the next night (when they knew we would be getting up for work), they felt the need to play music at full belt, with bass until after 5 in the morning, and they have the cheek to moan about us.

That was either some sort of late revenge, or lack of thought on their part, but my satisfaction came from saying nothing, being nice if I passed them. Sometimes the best reaction is no reaction at all.

I expect to be flamed for daring to listen to some music on the odd sat night.
How loud was the music though. If you have it so loud that they can hear it through the walls then they are bound to find it irritating regardless of which day of the week it is. No reason why you can't play music but loud enough for you to hear but not so loud that everyone else has to listen to it surely.

Les
Old 09 April 2011, 08:31 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

The music is only too loud when you don't here the old bill knocking at the door. People's faces are a treat when they look round and see fuzz standing inside, having crashed the party. If you didn't have a bobby inside, they never attended.
Old 09 April 2011, 09:02 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
The music is only too loud when you don't here the old bill knocking at the door. People's faces are a treat when they look round and see fuzz standing inside, having crashed the party. If you didn't have a bobby inside, they never attended.
My thoughts exactly. To my mind, there is little chance they would come out, find the music too loud then just go away if we didn't answer. And that is what one of the local police told me when I asked them (they reguarly come into my work. so I queried it).

It was obviously not so loud as the council didn't pick up any significant noise on their equipment.

I can sit in my living room, and hear their TV sometimes, the walls are crap. But like I say, it's give and take imo. I don't think we should be frightened to play music now and again for fear of upsetting them. I have never wanted to upset anyone or cause a problem, and as soon as we were aware of a problem, I went to sort it. All this hassle could have been avoided if they had just come and had a word.

Months went by where we played no music, until one night (about 9ish), I forgot to mention before, when we were watching a film, only for a knock on the door complaining it was too loud. So we went in to see, well hear what he was on about, and shock horror, couldn't hear a thing. The only thing I can think of is it may have been a loud bit of background noise (you can't keep turning the volume up and down ffs). But the whole time we were in there, nothing could be heard, and he even came in, so knew we hadn't turned it down.
Old 09 April 2011, 09:04 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

My thoughts exactly. To my mind, there is little chance they would come out, find the music too loud then just go away if we didn't answer. And that is what one of the local police told me when I asked them (they reguarly come into my work. so I queried it).

It was obviously not so loud as the council didn't pick up any significant noise on their equipment.

I can sit in my living room, and hear their TV sometimes, the walls are crap. But like I say, it's give and take imo. I don't think we should be frightened to play music now and again for fear of upsetting them. I have never wanted to upset anyone or cause a problem, and as soon as we were aware of a problem, I went to sort it. All this hassle could have been avoided if they had just come and had a word.

Months went by where we played no music, until one night (about 9ish), I forgot to mention before, when we were watching a film, only for a knock on the door complaining it was too loud. So we went in to see, well hear what he was on about, and shock horror, couldn't hear a thing. The only thing I can think of is it may have been a loud bit of background noise (you can't keep turning the volume up and down ffs). But the whole time we were in there, nothing could be heard, and he even came in, so knew we hadn't turned it down.

Psycho geordie neighbours from hell
Old 09 April 2011, 09:09 AM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by foxarm
Psycho geordie neighbours from hell
Been looking at houses on the south coast.....
Old 09 April 2011, 09:24 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by mickywrx
Been looking at houses on the south coast.....

The tree is welcome you can buggar off
Old 09 April 2011, 09:51 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

People have heard all about my pain in the *** neighbour. They used to have real names, now they have been added to the collective of made up take the **** names that we have for them all.

'Mardy M***' next door, 'the super sleuths', 'the weirdo family'.

Now we have 'baldy n ginger pubes'. NB the bloke is the Ginger one

To be honest, they have changed their tune since I went over for a chat. Only because they found out about my dad the day after they shouted their mouth off to Mr P.

It's my rat bag of a daughter who making the noise, an (almost) 4 year old girl with enough attitude to fuel the X Factor contestants! She is a right little madam.
Solving the problem was easy, now it's warmer she has time out in the garden sitting on the bench, or in her case, running around the garden screaming blue murder.
At least that way the nosey barstuards next door can see I am not beating her up!!

Last edited by Hysteria1983; 09 April 2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09 April 2011, 09:56 AM
scud8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by foxarm
Our old neighbours had a hole in their fence and their dog was forever sh1tting in our garden and tearing our bags open. They did **** all about until one day we got home and found a not in the door asking not to leave chicken bones in our rubbish. Their dog had eaten some bones and for some reason could not digest them so had to go to the vets and have them removed.
Dogs do have problems with chicken bones - they can splinter and get stuck. My dog had to have one surgically removed. It was thrown over the fence into our garden by a neighbour's barbecue guest.
Old 09 April 2011, 10:03 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scud8
Dogs do have problems with chicken bones - they can splinter and get stuck. My dog had to have one surgically removed. It was thrown over the fence into our garden by a neighbour's barbecue guest.
Yes, chicken bones are bad for dogs.

Foxarm, maybe after the next roast chicken dinner you should take your left over chicken round to your neighbour, and ask them to dispose of it safely for you.

Lol.
Old 09 April 2011, 10:36 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Slightly skewed but i did this about 20 years ago, we moved into a new semi. Neighbours where fine at first then started leaving their cars in our parking spaces or just overhanging them so it was difficult to get into our car(s). The spaces where perfectly adequate, this was laziness or just bad parking.

Anyway i had a pleasant word with him and it stopped for a while. In the mean time next door took to playing loud music at all hours. This went of for a while (month in all i guess) i banged on the wall a few ti9me and went round in the end as i was sick of it and had words. He got stroppy and i told him to stop. He didn't.

I went to work, loaded up a 2kw sound system, pr of Bose 802's and a pr of 302 subs and took them home and set them up in the lounge facing the adjoining wall. Our lounge was 12' x10' i guess so not a large room and 2kw seemed perfectly adequate for the job in hand

He started play his music loud - i went round to ask him to stop, he did not answer the door so i turned on my sound system and cranked it up. Went out for a couple of hours.

When i came back we literally heard no more from them

Last edited by The Zohan; 09 April 2011 at 10:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Annoying the neighboors...