Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

fuming.

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2011, 04:03 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuming.

Just had a stand off with a woman who's left her bmw parked across my drive for the past 40 mins. Like fully across so i couldnt get in or out.....

I live opposite a boarding school, and apparently the builder who was working on my house said she parked it there and she shouted out she'd only be 2 mins...

After about 20 mins I walked over to the private school and kicked off with the headmaster a bit as this happens quite a lot, and we had a delivery lorry about to arrive.

When the woman finally came out I said to her she was blocking my drive and i havent been able to get out for the past 40 mins, despite the fact the rest of the road was clear she could have parked anywhere else, including the car park.

Her response was that she had asked the builder, and wasnt interested in me kicking off because she genuinely had done anything wrong, and continued loading her boot. (meanwhile the lorry has actually arrived)
She turned, gave me a really provocative false smile and said 'sorry' before carrying on again. I called her a ***** snotty cow and walk back in.

Where do i stand with things like this?
Old 01 April 2011, 04:05 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Calm down dear, it's only a parking incident.

Was the woman fit?
Old 01 April 2011, 04:06 PM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Don't buy a house opposite a school...this argument happens countrywide every school day of the year.

Get some bollards and stick them outside your driveway entrance?
Old 01 April 2011, 04:08 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Should have kicked her in the c*nt. Never let a woman disrispek you.
Old 01 April 2011, 04:11 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger
Calm down dear, it's only a parking incident.

Was the woman fit?
No, and she was really stuck up.
Originally Posted by scooby L
Don't buy a house opposite a school...this argument happens countrywide every school day of the year.

Get some bollards and stick them outside your driveway entrance?
There was tonnes of places down the rest of the road that wouldnt be blocking anything.

C'mon....40 mins though of not being able to get out my house?

Iv just been advised that if it happens again I can phone my local police and they will issue a ticket, and if necessary have the car removed as its illegal to block anyones driveway.
Old 01 April 2011, 04:12 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

i believe as the law stands you have right of exit not entry - in practice that means the police will tow a car away that is preventing you from leaving your property but not entering

I grew up with a house that had a drive -- my mother would regularly get the police to tow cars away that parked over our drive -- the look on their little faces when they came back was always priceless

it is fvcking irritating btw
Old 01 April 2011, 04:13 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We used to get this when the school opposite got changed from local authority to Private, had someone tell me as I was trying to get out she would only be two minutes, was blocked in several times, managed to slip off the clutch as the rubber was worn and it was raining one day whilst trying to get out and went scooting backwards and put a nice dent in a car. Left my car int he road one day, cars down both sides and this no chin w4nker wafts at me as he drove up telling me to reverse, was about a car length from turning into the drive but he wouldnt budge, so left the car in the middle of the road and locked it.
Old 01 April 2011, 04:14 PM
[-(o)-]
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by djandyg
Iv just been advised that if it happens again I can phone my local police and they will issue a ticket, and if necessary have the car removed as its illegal to block anyones driveway.
Beat me to it, although would like to see this happen in practice. I always park in the road in I'm expecting bulk deliveries and move when the lorry arrives.

Alternatively get the delivery lorry to block her and see how she likes it.

Last edited by [-(o)-]; 01 April 2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01 April 2011, 04:17 PM
SteveMy96wrx
Scooby Regular

I had this with my place since it's a busy road. I was told if your car is on the driveway and you need to get out the police will remove the vehicle for you, you might need to have a white 'I' line across the entrance though. If the drive is empty you can block it.
It happened one time, a car was there for a couple of days, I phoned it in and a couple of specials turned up. They were willing to get the vehicle removed but said "If we do we want to see you driving away". Since I had another vehicle on the road I felt a bit tight since it would cost them, I think £150 and it was a crappy car so plainly the person didn't have cash to burn.
Old 01 April 2011, 04:17 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
i believe as the law stands you have right of exit not entry - in practice that means the police will tow a car away that is preventing you from leaving your property but not entering

I grew up with a house that had a drive -- my mother would regularly get the police to tow cars away that parked over our drive -- the look on their little faces when they came back was always priceless

it is fvcking irritating btw
I wish i had done now, as i was indeed blocked in.
I just couldnt believe the audacity of the woman as she just ignored me and honestly couldnt understand what the issue was...
Old 01 April 2011, 04:19 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

i believe as the law stands you have right of exit not entry -
How unfortunate.
Old 01 April 2011, 04:20 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Was she fit though?
Old 01 April 2011, 04:31 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

slip her one of these.

Old 01 April 2011, 04:32 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
How unfortunate.
luckily my wife is not a lawyer

and her objections over the issue are rarely "sustained"

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 01 April 2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01 April 2011, 04:33 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger
Was the woman fit?
Originally Posted by djandyg
No, and she was really stuck up.
Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Was she fit though?
Taken your medication today, Gramps? You're losing it.
Old 01 April 2011, 04:34 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I've experienced this back in the day when I used to live in a house shared with my work collegues. Though on this occaision, we couldn't get into our drive so we parked the car in nose to tail with about an inch of space either side with our two cars. The bloke did come to our door to see if we knew who owned the cars, of course we said no. We moved our cars the following morning to go to work.
Old 01 April 2011, 04:38 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
slip her one of these.

LOL thats brilliant. I stuck a note on her windscreen before I noticed how long she had actually been. One of those would have been amazing tho!
Old 01 April 2011, 04:41 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

luckily my wife is not a lawyer

and her objections over the issue are rarely "sustained"
Old 01 April 2011, 04:42 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
I've experienced this back in the day when I used to live in a house shared with my work collegues. Though on this occaision, we couldn't get into our drive so we parked the car in nose to tail with about an inch of space either side with our two cars. The bloke did come to our door to see if we knew who owned the cars, of course we said no. We moved our cars the following morning to go to work.
If i could have got the car out i would have done!!
Old 01 April 2011, 04:44 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
Taken your medication today, Gramps? You're losing it.
At 40+ .... every day is new and exciting

Old 01 April 2011, 05:00 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

She sounds a totally unreasonable being in this instance

id have been tempted to nudge her out the way with the delivery truck
Old 01 April 2011, 05:01 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Couple of weeks ago my cousin was blocked in by someone using the local shops, cousin went outside and politely asked the woman to move, she came round a couple of minutes later. Apparently the woman had taken offence to my cousin's polite request and had punched her in the face, cousin was knocked unconscious and had a three-day wait to see if she would regain sight in her eye.
Old 01 April 2011, 05:18 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Call police.
Get it towed.
Smile sweetly.

Been there, done it.
Old 01 April 2011, 05:20 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
She sounds a totally unreasonable being in this instance

id have been tempted to nudge her out the way with the delivery truck
LOL she didnt take any notice of the truck with a crane on it....he should have delivered the steel girders over her roof

One of the other builders really needed to get his 4x4 back onto our drive though, so i ended up telling him to drive over our hedge/flower beds.

If it had been literally 2 mins then I wouldnt be quite as irrate, but she was 40 mins+!!
Old 01 April 2011, 05:24 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Call police.
Get it towed.
Smile sweetly.

Been there, done it.
I was considering calling the police, but like i said im not sure how quickly they would turn up as im sure they have more important things to be dealing with.

The woman was so arrogant though (BMW + private school, u get the picture...) She genuinely thought she was in the right as she just said 'I asked to park there and was given permission from that builder so i havent done anything wrong' (builder said she parked it and just literally said she was be 2 mins....not 40 odd...)

I simply told her the builder doesnt live there, I do - and that she wasnt exactly 2 mins...
Old 01 April 2011, 05:32 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

When I was about 10yrs old my friends and I saw a woman park across a driveway to use a nearby telephone box.
The owners happened to come out not long after and asked her to move as they were going out. She continued nattering on the phone..
Seconds later a skinhead (presumably son of the house owners) pulled her out of the telephone box and then punched and kicked her. She moved her car and was in tears. The "family" just drove off and we went over to ask if she was ok. I remember her foot was really swollen as he had stamped on it with his Doc Martins!

An extreme way of dealing with something petty and she didn't deserve such extreme punishment.

Having said that, from the OP's story here the BMW driver needs to find some bloody manners. Cheeky cow
Old 01 April 2011, 05:36 PM
arumdevil
Scooby Regular

some people are so ****ing disrespectful. It's one thing parking like that in the first place, but to be rude when politely asked to move, or violent it just takes the ****.

On the other side of it though, where I used to work I would drive into the nearest town to meet a friend/colleague to get a lift the rest of the way into work. I would park on the street parking in the morning and come back in the evening. It was slightly out of town and most people who worked in the town would park on that street as it was the nearest free place to park. My friend used to live on that street and we used to play on it as kids and I've never seen all the spaces full, ever.

Anyway I always parked at the same end but not always in the same place. One old grumpy kit had the audacity to paste a note on my windscreen with VERY STICKY GLUE, which was a nightmare to get off, saying "DO NOT PARK HERE YOU'RE BLOCKING ACCESS TO MY HOUSE". I was ****ing livid as it's a public road and there were no parling restrictions at the time, there was no drive the other side and no ramp on the pavement. The gate to his house was there but it was in no way blocked by me being there. I parked there again the next morning and that afternoon he came out to give me an earfull - used some crappy argument that he might need to get a rotavator past or suchlike.

It was just behind (this side) of the red fiesta I parked. (turn around up the hill you can see my old silver legacy). I could understand if it was a driveway or lowered ramp on the curb but it wasn't. Public road but he seemed to think he was special.
Old 01 April 2011, 05:39 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Challenge her to a duel?....Pistols or Blades, slap her heartily around the face using a thick leather glove or the flat of your hand while you challenge her.....For the true gentleman pistols at dawn, but for the lady, sometimes the tea time steel is the smart option.

n.b.
Ensure you hit her fully in the face, or this maybe taken the wrong way.
Old 01 April 2011, 05:44 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Could have let her test those run-flats on these swanky !eemers, I mean there could be loads of sharp bits and pieces like nails, glass etc where there is building work going on.
Old 01 April 2011, 05:44 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SpecDscooby
Challenge her to a duel?....Pistols or Blades, slap her heartily around the face using a thick leather glove or the flat of your hand while you challenge her.....For the true gentleman pistols at dawn, but for the lady, sometimes the tea time steel is the smart option.

n.b.
Ensure you hit her fully in the face, or this maybe taken the wrong way.
Guns for show, Knives for a pro

Quick Reply: fuming.