Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How do they live so long?

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2011, 08:03 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do they live so long?

Got to have a rant about this one!
As I was taking my daugter to school a guy parked on the opposite side of the road pulled out in front of me suddenly without indicating,fortunatly not so close that I had to brake too hard ,but a bit of a shock.As I pulled up at the next roundabout I noticed he was on the phone & not wearing a seat belt.

Not bad,3 offences in one go!
Old 23 March 2011, 08:08 PM
mystery_machine
Scooby Regular

And I bet he never gets caught! where as we are all worried about a stupid exhaust being a trifle too loud, beggars belief really :\
Old 23 March 2011, 08:16 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

The fuzz will pull you over if they see you on the phone ... happened to me a while back when I had the cheek to put my head on my hand at a set of lights whilst muttering about how fecking slow everyone was driving!

TX.
Old 24 March 2011, 09:11 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It is a good thing if they do pull all those using a phone while driving.

Les
Old 24 March 2011, 08:20 PM
dazh66
Scooby Regular

I've just seen a Rav 4 take the first exit from a roundabout near me on 3 wheels
It's a sharp turn with an offset camber and I swear the nearside front wheel was a foot off the ground and yes he was on a mobile! Unbelievable
Old 24 March 2011, 09:49 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Audi in front of me this morning was all over the place. Thought they must have been drinking (even though it was 8.15 am). As I pulled alongside, at the roundabout, it was a bloody woman TEXTING!!!
Old 25 March 2011, 09:28 AM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

Thousands of years ago the person not paying attention would have been eaten by a lion or stepped on a snake (or whatever) so there was an evolutionary imperative to stay safe. Idiots died.

Now with the safety of everyday life improved so much there isn't, so we'll be overrun by morons before long
Old 25 March 2011, 10:45 AM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

I see this type of thing on a regular basis. Why are there no serious accidents? The speeds involved are often low and it relies on the rest of us being vigilant to avoid they accident they will have caused. What with all the safety of new cars means that the consequences are negligible to have to worry about being a good courteous road user.

I find that pulling out of junctions and on roundabouts and being cut up on dual carriageways/motorways (even if not using a phone) is becoming a popular past time in a similar vein. Again handing the problem of braking/avoidance to the car behind with no need for the first driver to worry about the consequences of their actions.

I really would like to buy an old Land Rover sometimes and just drive into them, and then let them worry about explaining it to the insurance company. I think it's the only way they will learn.
Old 25 March 2011, 11:59 AM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Originally Posted by Miniman
I see this type of thing on a regular basis. Why are there no serious accidents? The speeds involved are often low and it relies on the rest of us being vigilant to avoid they accident they will have caused. What with all the safety of new cars means that the consequences are negligible to have to worry about being a good courteous road user.

I find that pulling out of junctions and on roundabouts and being cut up on dual carriageways/motorways (even if not using a phone) is becoming a popular past time in a similar vein. Again handing the problem of braking/avoidance to the car behind with no need for the first driver to worry about the consequences of their actions.

I really would like to buy an old Land Rover sometimes and just drive into them, and then let them worry about explaining it to the insurance company. I think it's the only way they will learn.
You sound like a man after my own heart.
People just lack care or common curtesy these days.Lack of indicating or waiting until the last minute to indicate is one of my pet hates.
i.e you're waiting to pull in or out of a junction or waiting to get on a roundabout & a car approaching could see you waiting & just don't bother to indicate when there is plenty of time for you to pull out/in if they indicated in time and/or flashed their lights.
I believe this contributes to conjestion,especialy in the rush hour.

I guess some people realise every time you go out in your car you are using a potentialy lethal device.Others just treat a car as an appliance that requires the minimum amount of input.