Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

At what petrol price would you consider 'direct action'?

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2011, 07:43 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question At what petrol price would you consider 'direct action'?

Against the Government?

There has to be a limit to your tolerance of unfair taxation?

Would you pay £2 a liter? £3?
Old 12 March 2011, 07:48 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

£1.50
Old 12 March 2011, 07:49 PM
dagger
Scooby Regular

0.98 oooh i remember the good times lol
Old 12 March 2011, 07:57 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At £2 a litre.

I would shoot Ed Miliband in the face.
Old 12 March 2011, 08:05 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
At £2 a litre.

What's it got to do with him?
Old 12 March 2011, 08:08 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

At £2 per ltr us drivers need to just stop buying fuel end of, Thing is petrol is what makes Britain work,eat and play and I dont think unless a major news paper organises some form of protest anything will happen.

What can WE do ???

Rich
Old 12 March 2011, 08:08 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I recall filling up a Jerry can (1 Gallon) in the late 80's for my two stroke trial bike with with change from £3.00... I'm resisting now to be honest, Ive started car sharing and walking to School regardless of the weather..

This is a bit out of date, but you get the idea:

Old 12 March 2011, 08:12 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobywrxwagon
At £2 per ltr us drivers need to just stop buying fuel end of, Thing is petrol is what makes Britain work,eat and play and I dont think unless a major news paper organises some form of protest anything will happen.

What can WE do ???

Rich
Did we not try this when it went over a £1? It was going well for about a week, even drivers for major petrol stations went on strike, then everyone reverted back to their normal ways as soon as they dropped it to 99p
Old 12 March 2011, 08:16 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Ferk this litres stuff, its gallons, we don't have to be metric martyrs anymore!!!

£1 per gallon, anything over is a rip off

Mart
Old 12 March 2011, 08:18 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

From a personal point of view I now get 55mpg - whereas I used to get 28mpg with the Scooby last June.

I can afford for it to reach £3:75 a Litre until it hurts as it did owning an Impreza.

Considering that the roads will be clear if it hits £5 a Litre, and I will still be buying it, I don't think I would want to protest so that the poor chavs can re-enter the world of driving and clogging the roads!

In short .... bring on £10 a Litre and I will be on my own on the roads, sounds GREAT to me!!

Last edited by pslewis; 12 March 2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12 March 2011, 08:20 PM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

don,t think the public can do anything but suffer the price
Old 12 March 2011, 08:22 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

I've been filling up and fooookin off since it went past 78pence
Maybe that's why I go through so many cars
Old 12 March 2011, 08:23 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stilover
What's it got to do with him?
Absolutely nothing.

Old 12 March 2011, 08:24 PM
DARB
Scooby Regular

As said what can WE do?

I can remember after passing my test sticking a fiver in the tank and having a ride to Skeggy ( I was young and it sempt like a good idea at the time ) , I couldnt do that now if I lived at Ingoldmells

Old 12 March 2011, 08:25 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
From a personal point of view I now get 55mpg - whereas I used to get 28mpg with the Scooby last June.

I can afford for it to reach £3:75 a Litre until it hurts as it did owning an Impreza.

Considering that the roads will be clear if it hits £5 a Litre, and I will still be buying it, I don't think I would want to protest so that the poor chavs can re-enter the world of driving and clogging the roads!

In short .... bring on £10 a Litre and I will be on my own on the roads, sounds GREAT to me!!

LOL is that factoring in the bigger depreciation hit you are taking per year with the new Honda?

No, didn't think so.
Old 12 March 2011, 08:29 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

The way the Government is going by cutting the Police wages and Pensions and making Tens of Thousands of the military redundant and slashing the Pensions of the rest you wonder if they Police and army would intervene in a future fuel protests?

Oh and shutting prisons

in fact P*ssing off most of the criminal justice system
Old 12 March 2011, 09:28 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

How much was the Honda Pete, £16, £17, £18k? Are you happy knowing in 3 years time it will be worth about £8k?
Old 12 March 2011, 10:17 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

er yea great whilst many many people rely on cars to get them to work can no longer afford to do it..Why don't we just all give up work and sign on,i'm sure it would do this country a great service..Its your p reg mondeo driver who works in a factory that helps to keep this country going..I can afford to put fuel in my motor so you're not the only one,but i am fed up of being fcuked in the ***...
Old 12 March 2011, 10:27 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

going bk in time flats being built like the sixties cheap housing trams buses and cycles
Old 12 March 2011, 10:36 PM
SHUGSTERC
Scooby Regular

me an my horny wife have 5 kids and a 7 seater pajero that i have to put first...cant hardly afford to run that never mind my car...been asked to take it to banbury and glasgow mcrae exhibition but fuel prices are takin an extra 30 a week from us which i could o used for to run the car..it sittin in the garage for now and is a shame as its 1 of the prodrive 25 and should be out..am gutted...need a part time just just to run the sub i fink..shes dyin to go to banbury tho the cost is 1 we cant justify....ps she got big boobies and after a shandy loves to show them off...any donations greatly welcomed hehe kiddin...dont get to see her pappies till the fuel gets cheaper
Old 12 March 2011, 10:59 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't think it would make any difference if it rose to £7 a litre as we have such a good public transport system you don't need cars! Buses run constantly and are dirt cheap and the drivers don't have attitude, trains are the cheapest thing since sliced bread and you don't have to change four times if you go to an obscure destination

The goverment wants us to use the above transport so obviously the rise in fuel won't push thier prices up
Old 12 March 2011, 11:17 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

In the meantime we need more of your sort of public servants with bottomless pockets to fill the void left by nu labias reckless spending

gt out there with your geriatric brother hood , we need your tax dollars

( jus not in the rush hour )
Old 12 March 2011, 11:27 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Against the Government?

There has to be a limit to your tolerance of unfair taxation?

Would you pay £2 a liter? £3?
No one will do anything other than swallow what they are fed in this country. People were saying the same thing when it was less than a pund. I still need to get to work, whenever there is a shift in who gets money from what fuel, then we'll move on but it's only gonna get worse til then.
Old 12 March 2011, 11:33 PM
SHUGSTERC
Scooby Regular

YOU CAN BUY A BAG OF ROOFING NAILS FOR 2QUID PER 400...THROW THEM ON GARAGE FORECOURTS AND BOYCOTT GARAGES FOR A BIT..MAKE A STAND AND STOP THIS......ITS NOT THE PRICE OF OIL ITS THE UK GOVERNMENT SCUM TAX...IM FOOO,,,,IN READY FOR IT...CMON
Old 13 March 2011, 12:06 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
At £2 a litre.

Old 13 March 2011, 12:14 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Id act now,if i felt in my heart people would follow and CONTINUE to protest.

My idea of how to protest,off the top of my head, would for everyone to drive 1 Mile from their house then Just STOP.

So its not too far to walk back home,phone work and say,gridlock,cant drive anywhere.

After a week or 2 of this,would be intersting to see what would happen
Old 13 March 2011, 12:22 AM
SHUGSTERC
Scooby Regular

MEMBER THE TRUCKERS?...IM UP FOR IT...ADD ME ON FACEBOOK PAUL G BRADFORD.....IM WANTING TO DO THIS AS SEE WOT IM ASKIN MY MATES TO DO...ILL GO A SLOW DRIVE ...SORRY IT SLOWS PEOPLE BUT EITHER THIS OR GO LIVE IN AMERICE WHERE ITS 50P A LITRE.....135 NOW....SOON BE 2,00 THEN 300...COME GET A GRIP....IF YOUR CARS INSURED AN TXED AN MOT WOT CAN THEY DO.....BLOODY DISGRACE...OR BREAK UR SERIES MCRAE
Old 13 March 2011, 01:27 AM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

one brand at a time week after week . starting with bp dont use that chosen company for a week HIT THE GOVERMENT WHERE IT HURTS , how about a national week sicky everybody do it watch the **** hit the fan then
Old 13 March 2011, 01:45 AM
SHUGSTERC
Scooby Regular

bare in mind its not just us that use the loud pedal that pays at the pump....any deliveries,,,,,cat food dog food clothes tescos asda...if fuel keeps risin then all bills go up as cost more to deliver
Old 13 March 2011, 01:54 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by stevebt
I don't think it would make any difference if it rose to £7 a litre as we have such a good public transport system you don't need cars! Buses run constantly and are dirt cheap and the drivers don't have attitude, trains are the cheapest thing since sliced bread and you don't have to change four times if you go to an obscure destination

The goverment wants us to use the above transport so obviously the rise in fuel won't push thier prices up
What the **** do you know about public transport?

On a serious note, the British way will take over. We'll all moan, but considering we all have somewhere to go, we'll pretty much suck it up and unhappily get on with things.

Quick Reply: At what petrol price would you consider 'direct action'?