Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How Handle someone being rude to wife?

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2011, 10:51 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face How Handle someone being rude to wife?

The wife and I are booked onto a Tennis course every Tuesday from 8 - 9pm.
There are 12 of us on the course. We always have the same 3 courts together (booked and paid for) and a coach is there every week.

We started on the first two courts as only 8 people had turned up at 8pm.
There were four "Gentlemen" on the third court who carried on playing on the third court (no problem afaic as we didn't need it straight away) at 8.05pm the remaining 4 turn up and start getting racquets ready etc.

My wife started to pull the netting back (by now it's 8.10pm) on the third court (They only had the court booked to 8pm)

This chap then said "Listen and Learn, Love. We are going to finish our game"

Now - I only found this out later when we were finished and sat in the bar having a well earned beer.

So the Question is this:

1) Ladies of ScoobyNet - What would you want your other half to do / say next week if the chap was there.

2) Gents of ScoobyNet - What would you do?

We have a plan of action (having ruled out breaking his nose)

Rude Fvcker.

It's a good job I'm maturing a bit as I get older as a few years back I'd have offered him out!
Old 01 March 2011, 10:56 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Get there very early next week and find out what car he drives. While he is on court let his tyres down and leave a note saying 'These were let down at 8:01pm ;-)"
Old 01 March 2011, 11:02 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats being rude ?
Old 01 March 2011, 11:06 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

get over it, believe me thats not that bad. or if you really are that bothered about it, find out who he is and let his tyres down?

Last edited by Jamo; 01 March 2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01 March 2011, 11:08 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Get at least 2 of you there next week for bang on 8pm & step on to the court at that time ... you've paid for an hour FFS.

TX.
Old 01 March 2011, 11:09 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

i should signal foul play to the touch judge
Old 01 March 2011, 11:10 PM
Martin 2010
Scooby Regular

personally id swallow it let it go, ur wife obviously wasnt bothered by it or would of mentioned it earlier.. failing that if it bothers u get there a bit earlier and ask for an apologie if the guys there again. failing that... drop him
Old 01 March 2011, 11:11 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Alternatively man up ....

....and tell your wife to sort him out
Old 01 March 2011, 11:17 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

TBH depends on your wife maybe she likes that you trust her to deal with him or maybe she wants you to fight him ask her if she wants help dealing with him.
Old 01 March 2011, 11:19 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Originally Posted by dpb
Thats being rude ?
Yes - I think it was rude.

Normally we have no issue with letting people finish a point or sometimes even a game.

These guys have repeatedly stayed over their time. Most times it's not an issue as we can manage till 8.15pm as a good number of people on the course arrive late due to work etc.

The thing that GETS me is what he said

"Listen and Learn Love, We are going to finish our game"

Who the fvck does he think he is?

I guess I'm feeling protective. I wouldn't talk to my wife that way - how is it he feels able to do so?

I guess I'M lucky I didn't hear it at the time because I think my reaction could have caused a scene.

I would have insisted that he apologised for his comment - If he didn't, I WOULD have asked him to step outside so I could teach him some manners.

(Possibly getting myself battered but don't be rude to my wife!!!)
Old 01 March 2011, 11:19 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

give im a bunch of fives
Old 01 March 2011, 11:20 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Get there before he does & play on his court when it's his session.
If he says anything you already know what to say.
Old 01 March 2011, 11:21 PM
scatty
Scooby Regular

theres your answer......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKMFMgNY7Sc
Old 01 March 2011, 11:22 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

lucky bloke . my wife would of torn him a new **** with his racket . with me me watching and lmfao she hates poss ***** who love themselves
Old 01 March 2011, 11:24 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Nxt week when you attend make sure you arrive 5/10mins early and when you get there tell the ppl on court 1,2 and 3 that your booking starts at 8pm and you will be starting at that time. I woud also single out this "Gentleman" and explain firmly/dont fck with me that I was not happy with the way he spoke to MY wife and that you expect him to apologise. If he doesnt then explain he`ll have to "Listen and Learn, Love" at this point kick his fckin *** !!! Cheeky fcker
Old 01 March 2011, 11:50 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by madscoob
lucky bloke . my wife would of torn him a new **** with his racket . with me me watching and lmfao she hates poss ***** who love themselves
That's kind of what I'm like if someone pushes me too far in terms of rudeness. In all honesty, the comment wasn't so bad I would get too worked up about it, but if I was her, I would have responded there and then (scene or not). I'm not sure how a rude comment can be reacted to a week or more later....

Saying that, come the next match, if he is there again and the game runs on even a minute past, I'd get your missus to pipe up. If his response is the same, she can easily put him in his place. I'd be fairly polite/clever in response at first, that seems to annoy rude people. The more reasonable she/you are, the more it shows him up. You can always be close at hand if needed, but tbh, she should deal with it. I obviously only say this from my POV as I would rather fight my own battles (and I'm a gobsh1te )
Old 02 March 2011, 12:09 AM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Walk up to him and say this is courtesy of my wife and drop the cheeky tw*t.
You know it will make you feel better
Old 02 March 2011, 12:24 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

I have 3 Options

He apologises with some degree of humility = Shake his hand.
He laughs off my request = Thumb into his suprasternal notch and drop him.
He get's all up in my face = See you guys after I get out!

Mark
Old 02 March 2011, 12:59 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

[quote=jods]This chap then said "Listen and Learn, Love. We are going to finish our game"

Now - I only found this out later when we were finished and sat in the bar having a well earned beer.

[quote=jods]So the Question is this:

1) Ladies of ScoobyNet - What would you want your other half to do / say next week if the chap was there.

2) Gents of ScoobyNet - What would you do?

[/jods]

In all fairness, why should the other half need to get involved, anyway? For example, if mine even tried to throw his wait around on the first opportunity arisen, I'd just say to him: "Stand back, you! I will handle it!" Then, I will just slate that patronising git for giving me cr@p over rightfully setting the net. I will say to him: "No, YOU listen, mister! Don't you dare "love" me. I don't like anyone talking to me like that, ok? Other than that, your time is up, right! so do one now. Go on!" But if they still gave me any further sh!te, I would have just lost it with them! They would have left the tennis court with my racquet imprinted on their @rses.

Some people, eh!

On a calmer note, I would have certainly told them not to effing "love" me, I so dislike this patronising "love" reference in any type of conversation, more so in an irrational one. I would have told them that their time was up, and they need to do one. Had they continued to mouth off, I would have just argued with them something chronic, which would have stopped their play, anyway. They would have ultimately given up and fcuked off, basically. That would have meant they would have given me daggers next time when they saw me again, swinging my glorious racquet around On that, I would have cared a peanut, and would have said to myself: Haha! Bollox to you, you imbicile gits."
Old 02 March 2011, 05:36 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scatty
I think this is the right course of action.
Old 02 March 2011, 05:41 AM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

Deuce!
Old 02 March 2011, 06:53 AM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

I would take your step daughter with you next time, I seem to remember a thread you posted where she was rather good at verbal comeback.
Old 02 March 2011, 07:45 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Alternatively man up ....

....and tell your wife to sort him out
I am pretty sure my other half would have put him firmly in his place as she has to deal with me on a daily basis The reality is that it can take you aback when it happens and a smart put down is not always first thing to mind

If it is eating at you then have a quiet word and explain the court was booked and not to be rude in future!

Could be the chap was having a bad day or game and it was out of character, otherwise it does not hurt to let him know he cannot get away with it. Keep it civil and only give him a slap if he gets aggressive
Old 02 March 2011, 07:53 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Only one thing for it,,,,,

lol, on a serious note, ask them to leave at bang on 8, thats when they finish, if they wont just walk on the court and start hitting the ball to each other or go and get someone from the course and complain and ask them to get them moved at the correct time.
Old 02 March 2011, 08:05 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

"Boy, you're gonna look pretty funny trying to eat corn on the cob with no ******* teeth"
Old 02 March 2011, 08:06 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Be a man and sort it out down the drag strip.

Drag race for pink slips!
Old 02 March 2011, 08:40 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

How about just putting in a complaint to the people that run the club stating that these individuals have repeatedly continued playing well into your allotted time and on the last occasion was extremely rude to your wife when she politely asked them to leave. Hopefully the club will deal with it. You've kindly allowed them to finish their game, but 15 minutes into your time is taking the p!ss. Give an inch, they take a mile! Now go out and let down their tyres for good measure!
Old 02 March 2011, 09:04 AM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

I'd first ask the wife if she wanted me to do something about it. Forget the bloke, I do not get on the wrong side of her indoors.
Old 02 March 2011, 09:07 AM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

He was a rude ******. If it was me, I would have told him his fortune. And I'm not a confrontational person.

And as above, I would have a word with the people who run the club.

And whack him in the goolies with the racquet for good measure.
Old 02 March 2011, 09:27 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jonc
How about just putting in a complaint to the people that run the club stating that these individuals have repeatedly continued playing well into your allotted time and on the last occasion was extremely rude to your wife when she politely asked them to leave. Hopefully the club will deal with it. You've kindly allowed them to finish their game, but 15 minutes into your time is taking the p!ss. Give an inch, they take a mile! Now go out and let down their tyres for good measure!
This - if your not too happy about confrontation (not everyone feels the same way when not piloting a keyboard) then I would complain to the club.

I'd complain but I'd struggle not to say anything. I wouldn't do anything to cars etc because its just as easy to find out what you drive. If they tried it again next week I would go complain immediately and probably end up saying something.

With that attitude he'd be better off playing Golf anyway.

Quick Reply: How Handle someone being rude to wife?