Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Shopping for food

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2011, 02:11 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shopping for food

I hate it so much I'd rather sit in the car and wait for this missus to do it. Am I alone that does this? I really can't think of anything more loathsome than food shopping on a Sunday especially as Tescos is packed with the old folk today.
Old 27 February 2011, 02:14 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope. I don't mind it but does my head in when the Mrs stops to read everything or compare everything. Me, I buy whatever is on offer, whether it's branded or cheapo stuff

Only shop once a fortnight too, buy in bulk (32 bog rolls a tenner at Asda currently) recent bills about £100 due to prices shooting up on everything
Old 27 February 2011, 02:42 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

We did our last shop in Asda as a new one opened up in Larne. Fooking awful place, more expensive than Tescos and a poorer selection. As well as that the used by dates on most items were very very short.

Went in there, checked out the tv's etc, went over to the missus got bored within 2 seconds and now I'm back in the car!
Old 27 February 2011, 02:45 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Nope. I don't mind it but does my head in when the Mrs stops to read everything or compare everything. Me, I buy whatever is on offer, whether it's branded or cheapo stuff

Only shop once a fortnight too, buy in bulk (32 bog rolls a tenner at Asda currently) recent bills about £100 due to prices shooting up on everything
What, two of you get through 16 bog rolls a week??

Chip
Old 27 February 2011, 02:48 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I detest food shopping and trying to navigate through the throng, what with its self-important 'young mums' and 'olds' demographics, etc. Arrrrrgh!

I'd be quite happy to sit in the car whilst someone else did it! You're 'lucky'.
Old 27 February 2011, 02:52 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
What, two of you get through 16 bog rolls a week??

Chip

Noooo.

We used to just buy a pack of 4 loo rolls to last 2 weeks between shops. But then I clicked onto the 16-24-32 packs which can be had. So I thought rather than pay £2 for 4 loo rolls, why not buy a pack of 16 for £4-5 and buy them less often.
Now when I saw 32 for £10, I went into meltdown as thats 32p a loo roll, over say 50p each if buying a pack of 4... all adds up but 'she' moans we have nowhere to store it. I'll remind her of this when she needs to wipe her snail trails on kitchen roll as we've run out
Old 27 February 2011, 02:54 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

... I'll remind her of this when she needs to wipe her snail trails on kitchen roll as we've run out

Euurgh!
Old 27 February 2011, 04:20 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
I hate it so much I'd rather sit in the car and wait for this missus to do it. Am I alone that does this? I really can't think of anything more loathsome than food shopping on a Sunday especially as Tescos is packed with the old folk today.
She shouldn't take you with her for food shopping. Nothing is more annoying than seeing a bored face sitting in the car, waiting for you to come back. Women like any type of shopping. Food,clothes, books and all. It's like a recreational activity to them. Seeing a fed up face back in the car is a spoiler, so is a half-hearted man by your side when you are trying to read the labels on the packets. You should be able to do better with your time, rather than annoying her. Doesn't she drive? Get her to learn to drive, and put yourself and her out of misery.
Old 27 February 2011, 04:22 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
She shouldn't take you with her for food shopping. Nothing is more annoying than seeing a bored face sitting in the car, waiting for you to come back. Women like any type of shopping. Food,clothes, books and all. It's like a recreational activity to them. Seeing a fed up face back in the car is a spoiler, so is a half-hearted man by your side when you are trying to read the labels on the packets. You should be able to do better with your time, rather than annoying her. Doesn't she drive? Get her to learn to drive, and put yourself and her out of misery.

My Mrs didn't wanna come food shopping this thursday gone as she's huuge now but soon changed her mind when she realised what crap I'd bring home if I went myself
Old 27 February 2011, 04:33 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

My Mrs didn't wanna come food shopping this thursday gone as she's huuge now but soon changed her mind when she realised what crap I'd bring home if I went myself
LOL Goes to show that men haven't got a clue what to buy, anyway. Women are better at food shopping. Thats why women should leave their partners behind while they go out for a relaxing food shopping. Men could be watching some rubbish on telly, wasting themselves away.
Old 27 February 2011, 04:38 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Food shopping has to be one of the things I hate most in the world, for several reasons, which are:-

1) People who dawdle around, and get in my way.

2) Screaming kids

3) People who spend 5 minutes looking at an item while all the while leaving their Trolley in the way of where I want to be.

4) Screaming kids

5) People who leave their Trolley in the way at the Deli counter, so it's almost impossible to see what's there.

6) Screaming kids

7) People who think Bread is soon to be rationed, so load 10 loafs into their trolley, just to be sure.

8) Screaming kids

9) They move things around every few weeks, so you just can't get in quick and get out again, as you spend 5 minutes looking for the 1 item you went in for.

10) Screaming kids

11) Queues at the checkout

12) Screaming kids at the checkout because they want a packet of sweets that are always next to the fecking checkout.

13) People who take 10 minutes to pay.

I hate it with a passion. I have the misfortune of shopping twice a week. But I always go late on, so to "Try" and avoid most of the above. I refuse to go during the busy times.
Old 27 February 2011, 04:46 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

I dont mind shopping as I can buy what I want then rather than what she wants. But I tend to shop in our village shops for veg, meat, bread etc and only use supermarkets for bog roll , cleaning stuff and the like.

Chip
Old 27 February 2011, 05:06 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

For goodness sake fella man up and start laying down the law

theres only a certain number of hours in the day. you cant waste em

http://tvpixie.com/public/images/web...amilyS2gen.jpg
Old 27 February 2011, 05:14 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Food shopping has to be one of the things I hate most in the world, for several reasons, which are:-

2) Screaming kids

3) People who spend 5 minutes looking at an item while all the while leaving their Trolley in the way of where I want to be.

4) Screaming kids

5) People who leave their Trolley in the way at the Deli counter, so it's almost impossible to see what's there.

6) Screaming kids

7) People who think Bread is soon to be rationed, so load 10 loafs into their trolley, just to be sure.

8) Screaming kids

9) They move things around every few weeks, so you just can't get in quick and get out again, as you spend 5 minutes looking for the 1 item you went in for.

10) Screaming kids

12) Screaming kids at the checkout because they want a packet of sweets that are always next to the fecking checkout.

I hate it with a passion. I have the misfortune of shopping twice a week. But I always go late on, so to "Try" and avoid most of the above. I refuse to go during the busy times.
+1

Best post ever!

Last edited by joz8968; 27 February 2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 27 February 2011, 05:30 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
She doesn't drive. Too scared to learn ffs and as we live in the sticks, I have no choice but to take her.
Old 27 February 2011, 06:06 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Just do it online, so much less hassle. You can add all your usual items to the shopping basket in no time
Old 27 February 2011, 06:09 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover

2) Screaming kids

4) Screaming kids

6) Screaming kids

8) Screaming kids

10) Screaming kids

Re the screaming kids.........you wanna try working working on the checkout and having to listen to it all. Feckin'. Day!! And it's NOT a feckin' playground, it's a SHOP!
Old 27 February 2011, 06:14 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

I wish i only spent £100 a fortnight
Try £150 a week
Old 27 February 2011, 06:17 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

We both hate food shopping so its online delivery for us.
Old 27 February 2011, 06:22 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

I too sit in the car and wait , we are not alone though i always see about 5 others sat waiting too .
I sit and watch bottom on my iphone
Old 27 February 2011, 06:27 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodriverules
Try £150 a week

Same here. And there's only two of us.........and the cat!
Old 27 February 2011, 06:32 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldsplice
Same here. And there's only two of us.........and the cat!
Glad i'm not the only one then!
Old 27 February 2011, 06:34 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Glad i'm not the only one then!

I thought it was just me being reckless!
Old 27 February 2011, 06:35 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I won't let the missuse do our shopping. When I go I usually spend IRO £50 (+ £10-15 at the butchers) and we have a weeks worth of fresh, healthy, home-cooked food. Whenever I've let her go we run out of food half way through the week and it costs me over £100, PLUS whatever the take-aways we need to get us through cost. It also takes her about 3-4 hours, whereas I go at 6am on Saturday and am home just after 7. Oh, and she won't go to the butchers as it's a faff parking so we have to eat crap supermarket meat full of fat, water and artificial proteins to increase its weight/profitability They should ban that ! I don't think she's done the weekly shop in over 5 years
Old 27 February 2011, 06:39 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Try £150 a week

How many fookin' kids you got? Or do you shop at the most expensive supermarket you can find

Me and her spent £105 thursday just gone on a fortnight shopping, then say £17 at the butchers - I was mortified
Old 27 February 2011, 06:39 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
I won't let the missuse do our shopping. When I go I usually spend IRO £50 (+ £10-15 at the butchers) and we have a weeks worth of fresh, healthy, home-cooked food. Whenever I've let her go we run out of food half way through the week and it costs me over £100, PLUS whatever the take-aways we need to get us through cost. It also takes her about 3-4 hours, whereas I go at 6am on Saturday and am home just after 7. Oh, and she won't go to the butchers as it's a faff parking so we have to eat crap supermarket meat full of fat, water and artificial proteins to increase its weight/profitability They should ban that ! I don't think she's done the weekly shop in over 5 years

I'm glad I don't have to be in your house on a day when your missus has done the shopping AND Top Gear is on!
Old 27 February 2011, 06:42 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

How many fookin' kids you got? Or do you shop at the most expensive supermarket you can find

Me and her spent £105 thursday just gone on a fortnight shopping, then say £17 at the butchers - I was mortified
3 kids,2 cats,dog,fish and 2 guinea pigs which my missus will only feed the best for them type food[ex vet nurse]
Old 27 February 2011, 06:44 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

3 kids,2 cats,dog,fish and 2 guinea pigs which my missus will only feed the best for them type food[ex vet nurse]
Well if you're feeding your kids Guinea pig nuggets buy them in bulk
Old 27 February 2011, 06:48 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Well if you're feeding your kids Guinea pig nuggets buy them in bulk
LMFAO
Old 27 February 2011, 06:51 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldsplice
Re the screaming kids.........you wanna try working working on the checkout and having to listen to it all. Feckin'. Day!! And it's NOT a feckin' playground, it's a SHOP!
I'd quit.

Quick Reply: Shopping for food