Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

DREAMS! Where is my bed?

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2011, 04:25 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry DREAMS! Where is my bed?

Bought a bed for my nipper in Dreams the other day and chose to collect it myself to save on the £35 del charge. Went down in my van 3 days later only to be told they had wrongly given the base of the bed to someone else. So they decided to offer me free delivery as it was their **** up. After 5 phone calls we were offered delivery for today. So we got rid of the old bed and waited in all day for delivery. Rang them 30 mins ago for a delivery time only to be told that we wont be getting it today as it wasnt on the lorry.

Well why the **** didnt they have the courtesy to ring me and let me know. W@nkers.

What the hell ever happened to customer service in this country?

Chip
Old 26 February 2011, 04:38 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Back to store, money back, plus compensation.

Or a better bed, taken away today, no more money.
Old 26 February 2011, 05:01 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Any store that continously has a "sale" I avoid.

Dreams is one of them. We went in and the did us a "deal" on a bed, but had to order by Sunday as the"sale" ended monday.

Next monday, differet sale, bed still of offer but cheaper.

Screw 'em. Went to a local store instead which did a price match and free delivery
Old 26 February 2011, 05:26 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

I got a new bed from them 3 years ago, I couldnt fault them for there help when I wanted to buy a bed but there after sales service is ****.

They were suposed to deliver the the on a monday morning, then it was monday afternoon then it was Tuesday FFS. I had paid extra for them to build the bed which they didnt as it was the wrong kind of bed that they build so I had to do it, think it was an extra £20 I paid for this service, when I rang the store they were adamant they told me which my reply was why would I pay £20 for someone to take it up the stairs.

Bunch of wan*ers.
Old 26 February 2011, 05:41 PM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

If I can't take it away with me there and then I don't buy it.
Old 26 February 2011, 05:45 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rescue Dude
Had my car with me when I bought it, I would have otherwise.

Chip
Old 26 February 2011, 06:01 PM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

Some years ago I was after a load of kitchen cupboards and stuff. Went down the local store and was assured "its all in stock". I needed it delivered and they said they'd do it there and then.
I told the salesman that I wanted to see it all loaded onto the van to check it all off.

Strangely he then admitted that "one or two" items would have to follow. Funny that, he'd just told me that it was "all in stock"

I asked if he was "incompitent or just lying to me" then cancelled the order.

Some of these shops think we're mugs.
Old 26 February 2011, 06:04 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

We picked out a Sleepeezee 'Cairo' mattress in Dreams as the one we liked. It was listed at £1150. A bit of Googling later and I found out that to every other bed store in the country, the exact same mattress was called a 'Backcare Ultimate 2000', which happens to have a 'Cairo' damask finish. I got mine delivered, with a free 5yr g/tee for £385, some £765 or 66.5% cheaper.

Dreams ? More like bloody nightmares !
Old 26 February 2011, 06:11 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ALi-B

Dreams is one of them. We went in and the did us a "deal" on a bed, but had to order by Sunday as the"sale" ended monday.

Screw 'em. Went to a local store instead which did a price match and free delivery
Agree 100% with you here ...

I will NEVER do business with stores like DFS, Dreams and the rest ..... they are conmen, plain and simple. The sales are not sales and the whole set-up is highly suspect. How can you sell a £2500 Sofa for £999 and then offer no deposit finance over 30 years, pay nothing until 2020!?

The only way is if the Sofa actually cost 50p to make - and I don't want one of those!!

Buy from a genuine local Department Store .... I do, everytime, and get superb Customer Service.

I would demand a free bed if I was you - or sue for loss of time, for fuel, for inconvenience, for everything. You WILL win!!

Last edited by pslewis; 26 February 2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 26 February 2011, 06:19 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Dont worry Pete , if they dont give me what I want I will just cancel the order as they have failed to deliver their part of the contract.

Chip
Old 26 February 2011, 06:24 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

But, you want your bed PLUS you want compensation .............. seriously you WILL win in court (DREAMS won't turn up!).

CURRYS let you go all the way ... DREAMS may well settle out of court.
Old 26 February 2011, 07:10 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy

Dreams ? More like bloody nightmares !
Old 26 February 2011, 07:28 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Make a formal complaint to JTaylor
Old 26 February 2011, 10:23 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I'm out on the lash with the branch manager at the moment; was it the Caerphilly store? I gave the BM of Culver a hard-time first off, but it seems it wasn't her. Ms Button sends her sincere apologies and will sort it on Monday. It's a warehousing issue, to be fair, and it's unacceptable. Sorry Geoff, you'll have a call Monday early AM.
Old 26 February 2011, 10:28 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Bought a bed for my nipper in Dreams the other day and chose to collect it myself to save on the £35 del charge. Went down in my van 3 days later only to be told they had wrongly given the base of the bed to someone else. So they decided to offer me free delivery as it was their **** up. After 5 phone calls we were offered delivery for today. So we got rid of the old bed and waited in all day for delivery. Rang them 30 mins ago for a delivery time only to be told that we wont be getting it today as it wasnt on the lorry.

Well why the **** didnt they have the courtesy to ring me and let me know. W@nkers.

What the hell ever happened to customer service in this country?

Chip
What bed was it mate? I may be able to help you.....

Rob
Old 27 February 2011, 06:30 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rescue Dude

I make an exception for Amazon But that's about it...
Old 27 February 2011, 09:47 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ALi-B

+1
Old 27 February 2011, 11:17 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
I'm out on the lash with the branch manager at the moment; was it the Caerphilly store? I gave the BM of Culver a hard-time first off, but it seems it wasn't her. Ms Button sends her sincere apologies and will sort it on Monday. It's a warehousing issue, to be fair, and it's unacceptable. Sorry Geoff, you'll have a call Monday early AM.
Hello James,

Yeah it was the Caerphilly store and apart from not returning the odd phone call they were OK. As for the warehouse well thats another thing. Its just bloody annoying when I go out of my way to pick the bed up and its not there. Then after agreeing free delivery we stay in all day yesterday for nothing and my daughter slept on the floor last night as she had no bed to sleep on.

Funnily enough when we bought a bed from the Culver store they cocked up delivery on that one as well.

Maybe I should have learned my lesson then

Chip
Old 27 February 2011, 01:17 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I would be rubbing my hands in anticipation of:-

1. A grovelling apology from the Area Manager

2. A FREE bed

3. Compensation for my troubles

Anything less and I would raise a County Court Summons - really, I would ... these Mickey Mouse operations need taking down a peg or two!
Old 27 February 2011, 03:54 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I'd like an extra, free of of cost top-notch, at least 12 inch thick memory mattress as a compensation. I'd also like the mahagony headboard to be free of cost with the bed frame. i'd also like a dawn feather 20 tog king size duvet thrown in. I'd also like the area manager to do a headstand in front of me and public to apologise+ a humble hand-written 10-page apology letter on top. Writing 10 pages by hand should sort him/her out.
Old 27 February 2011, 04:33 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
I'd like an extra, free of of cost top-notch, at least 12 inch thick memory mattress as a compensation. I'd also like the mahagony headboard to be free of cost with the bed frame. i'd also like a dawn feather 20 tog king size duvet thrown in. I'd also like the area manager to do a headstand in front of me and public to apologise+ a humble hand-written 10-page apology letter on top. Writing 10 pages by hand should sort him/her out.
Will you ring them on my behalf tomorrow then

Chip
Old 27 February 2011, 04:45 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

You are in the driving seat like never before .... you can get what you want ..... name your price to NOT string their bollox over their SALE sign!!
Old 27 February 2011, 04:47 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Cheers Pete! I really don't know how we would all manage without you.

Chip
Old 27 February 2011, 04:49 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
Will you ring them on my behalf tomorrow then

Chip
Of course, I can. I will try my best to get your every wasted effort's worth back for you, Chip. They can't treat their customers like that. I Can't wait!
Old 28 February 2011, 12:00 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I certainly would see what kind of deal I could get somewhere else and tell Dreams where to put their version.

Les
Old 28 February 2011, 01:58 PM
Gigsy
Scooby Regular

I will never ever use Dreams...

Order 1 (2006)

Ordered a bed and mattress to be delivered to our new house the day we moved in. My wife was pregnant at the time so we ordered well in advance (around 2 to 3 months) and were assured that delivering on the day we needed would be no problem.

After 28 days and again a couple of weeks before we were due to move, I phoned to check on progress as I'd not heard from them and was again assured that all would be OK and that the delivery date was confirmed.

So, on the day the bed was due, I phone to see if they could tell me what time the bed would arrive only to be told it hadn't arrived in the country yada-yada-yada.... to say I was cross is an understatement. Anyway, long story short bed cancelled and ordered elsewhere - delivered next day.

Order 2 (end of last year)

Despite my reluctance to use Dreams after the previous debacle, my wife found a great bed for our son and a desk + chair for our daughter. We explained the issues we had with the previous order and were assured that there would not be a problem this time - I still wasn't convinced but my lad loved the bed so we went ahead and ordered it.

As a thank you and as a supposedly nice gesture, the store manager (Barbara, Oxford Branch) gave my 2 kids one of their promo teddy bears each and we were promised the bed would arrive within 28 days.

Guess what, on day 28 we'd heard nothing so I called to find out what was happening. Apparently, the bed was not in the country but they estimated that it would be there in a couple of weeks etc etc etc. As you can imagine, I was not very happy and went into the Oxford branch of Dreams Beds to get them to refund the money to my card only to be told that I needed to do it over the phone with customer (dis)services and that they couldn't do it on their PDQ machine.

I then phoned Dreams Beds Customer Services and after a bit of discussion was told that they'd refund my card straight away.

After a couple of weeks, they phoned back to say that they hadn't been able to refund my card because they didn't take the number down correctly - odd since the girl read my details back to me at the time and they were correct. I was also told that it would take 5 to 10 days to process and that they would only refund the amount minus the £18 for the two bears that were given to my children as a gift by Barbara the Dreams Beds Oxford Branch manager!!!!!!

Not only was this totally illegal (since the bears were a gratis item and not related to the sale of the original goods so they would have needed to raise a separate invoice for them if they wanted me to pay) but it was also totally immoral if you ask me - the bears were a gift from the store manager to my 3 and 4 year old children.

I then had to drive back into Oxford to drop the bears off in order to get the £18 back only to be greeted by an ignorant pillock called Ricky who I'm sure did his level best to wind me up and was totally useless as far as sorting my refund - I ended up having to call customer services whilst I was in the store in order to finally get my money back.

By the time the refunds were finally processed, the thieving criminals that are Dreams Beds had held on to my cash for the best part of three months.

I have sent several letters to Dreams Beds Customer services to try and get some form of compensation but as yet, I've not received so much as an acknowledgment.

In all seriousness, if anyone is even vaguely considering buying from dreams, please, please think long and hard about it. If you can possibly find another supplier then I urge you as strongly as I can DO NOT TO USE DREAMS BEDS. When you consider some of the decent business that have gone under in the past few years it is truly abhorrent that a firm like Dreams Beds can stay afloat.
Old 28 February 2011, 02:12 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Anybody that insists on a delivery charge this day and age even when you offer to pick it up from the store, doesn't deserve business. Their excuse was it still needed delivering to the store so a charge should apply.

This was told to a good friend who promptly said her goodbyes.
Old 28 February 2011, 02:30 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

28days for a bed delivery from something on show in the showroom? What is this? The 1980's?

In this day and age 5days is pushing the limit.

My local shop delivered a bed, next day out of the stock. My mum also ordered one of those adjustable beds; 2 weeks from ordering to delivery....and that was made to order (she chose the colour of the fabric for the base etc).
Old 28 February 2011, 11:07 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I will repeat that a summons issued on Dreams would result in an amazing turn of fate!