Bored Feeling

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2011, 08:20 AM
x-helen-x
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bored Feeling

Guys,

Been driving me mad for few weeks now so thought I would share with all.
Probs just me but lately I seem to feel that I lead a boring life

Being only 21, maybe I should be living life on the large size but seeing what mess it gets you into - no thank you! I have brought new things that I thought was missing in life like my impreza, remote control car, two doggies and shopping, but that feeling is still there

What the hell is up with me people Is it the feeling that you get when its time to move out into your own place?

Driving me mad - so looking for answers!!
Old 03 February 2011, 08:26 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by I'm Bored
Is it the feeling that you get when its time to move out into your own place?
No, it's the feeling you get when you're not living large...
Old 03 February 2011, 08:27 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I reckon 4 pages within 24 hours
Old 03 February 2011, 08:27 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Beat me to it.
Old 03 February 2011, 08:28 AM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Perhaps a good rodgering would help?
Old 03 February 2011, 08:49 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

MASSIVE DRUGS NOW!
Old 03 February 2011, 09:01 AM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

It's that time to flee the nest. That feeling won't go until you do.
It's that feeling that so many if not most of us get.
Old 03 February 2011, 09:05 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
MASSIVE JUGS NOW!
Edited for accuracy!

Go out and get laid wih as many women as possible! got me through my early 20's!!

Sorry just noticed the OP is called Helen!

Still Massive jugs and loads of women may still work!

Last edited by Jamescsti; 03 February 2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03 February 2011, 09:11 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
With requests of pics with white or brown grain products.
Old 03 February 2011, 09:12 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

yep , take a lover

This is the usual excuse anyway
Old 03 February 2011, 09:20 AM
x-helen-x
Scooby Regular

Thought maybe it would be the feeling to move out!! Only downside is im a daddy's girl and only child!! How the hell am I gonna break the moving out with b/f news without the earth shaking!!

Moving out seems like a mega scary jump to take! Is 21 not abit young? Beans on toast it is then, otherwise back home everynight for dinner! Mummy's cooking to the rescue!

See its so rubbish being only child - yeah ok I admit im spoilt at times but now Im thinking being wraped up in cotton wool all my life has done nothing good!!

ARG!!!!!! Time to change - but how??
Old 03 February 2011, 09:47 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

at 21 I had 6 kids, owned three houses and was the CEO of a multinational corporation ..

well not really but that's a standard SN response ..

Stop being a noob and move out ..
Old 03 February 2011, 10:02 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Find a g/f mate and go travelling. Start with South America and then up to USA for starters. Avoid Egypt for a few days

dl
Old 03 February 2011, 10:06 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

At 21 I was in a relationship which was going nowhere, job which was going nowhere so decided to do something about it and went to Uni! Best thing I could have done. OK, I was poor for 3 years, but the life experience you get is awesome. (I know things are different these days and I am talking about 18 years ago.)

Get up and do something. Material things will only bring you pleasure for a short period of time. Your car only makes you happy when you're driving it, what about the other 80%+ of your life? When I die, I don't want to say "I wish I had done that." No one lays on their deathbed and says I wish I had watched more telly, or bought more dresses.

So, get off your butt and take a chance. It could be life changing!
Old 03 February 2011, 10:10 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by x-helen-x
Guys,

Being only 21, maybe I should be living life on the large size but seeing what mess it gets you into - no thank you! I have brought new things that I thought was missing in life like my impreza, remote control car, two doggies and shopping, but that feeling is still there

What the hell is up with me people Is it the feeling that you get when its time to move out into your own place?

Originally Posted by David Lock
Find a g/f mate and go travelling. Start with South America and then up to USA for starters. Avoid Egypt for a few days

dl

So your advice is become a lesbian and travel .. awesome ..
Old 03 February 2011, 10:18 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

I went to Uni at 18/19 and that was it, never moved back home again.
Also, I was fortunate to go on school skiiing holidays at 13-15, as well as **** up holidays with my mates at 16/17. So by the time I was ready to go to Uni, I was used to being on my own and having to look after myself.
My Dad was always for encouraging me to go to different places. When I was 14 I went on holiday to Cyprus with parents and a best mate and we were trusted enough to go out clubbing on our own. We did look older for our age and always acted responsibly. Best thing that ever happened. It proved that we could be trusted.

Sounds like you have been over protected for too long. I was the result of my Dads 2nd marriage and all of the children from previous marriage were at least 15 years older than me, so effectively, I was an only child as they had all moved out by the time I was 5.

Get out there, do your own thing. Yes, it is tough, but so worth it.
Old 03 February 2011, 10:23 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Get some pics up so that we can offer better advice
Old 03 February 2011, 10:33 AM
scoobyd00999
Scooby Regular

I think you need to sell eveything you have and go and travell the world.You are at the right age ,you WILL have the time of your life and you have nothing to lose.
Old 03 February 2011, 10:43 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

need to find a hobbie or something like that.
Old 03 February 2011, 10:59 AM
andys
Scooby Regular

Welcome to real grown up life, it is boring and it will only get worse.
Old 03 February 2011, 11:05 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

This time of year doesn't help, little light, little sunshine and when the sun DOES shine it's so low it has little power. Cold, dark eveings..........yep, I too have S.A.D.
Old 03 February 2011, 11:10 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Theres sunshine down these parts , and im actually quite looking forward to the year

Its light here till 5 now

Old 03 February 2011, 11:13 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

stay at home, fly your kite, for as long as possible. move out when you're 40.
Old 03 February 2011, 11:31 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by David Lock

dl
Do you lot not read posts properly before replying??

Only downside is im a daddy's girl and only child!! How the hell am I gonna break the moving out with b/f news

Last edited by Wurzel; 03 February 2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03 February 2011, 12:11 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Sell the Scoob, take 2 years out and visit SE Asia and Aus/NZ, either with or without the boyfriend, you will see a whole new world without having your parents holding your hand and it will give you your independance and confidence to move on with your life.
Old 03 February 2011, 12:16 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I am absolutely bored witless. Bored of everything, it all feels like I've been there done that got the T-shirt.

Been travelling, great with a companion. Not so great on my own (I need someone to boot me up the **** to get me out and about ). Job's as boring as hell - constantly finding excuses or "foreigners" to get out the office and do something else (for example, yesterday I put off doing a client's tax return in favour of messing with an Audi A8 with a clogged DPF ). Fed up of all the bars/clubs in the area, fair to say I've grown out of that scene. Got no real hobbies to get me out and about - I used to do alot of karting for my adrenalin fix, but its so expensive, same with messing about with cars. Friends have all settled down into "family life" and seem more interesting in watching films (of which I struggle to get the attention span to join ) and fancy meals out at vastly overrated eating establishments (and only my manners prevent me from verbally drubbing the snobby staff for daring to serve me a overpriced, overcooked Rib-eye steak thats more like rump and tasted like a leather boot).

As for living at the 'rents. For me moving out made it worse; At my mum's house my mess was confined to two rooms. Now its confined to a whole house, a house which I never "really" wanted to have but felt compelled to get so I could get on the "property ladder". Sure a year or so its great - my own batch-pad, I can have a cinema room, mini bar in the lounge, have house parties, but it soon wears off. Its now just a place where I eat, sleep and vegetate infront of a TV screen. I now see it as a ball and chain preventing me from upping sticks and galavanting to somewhere random in the world. I never would, unless I met a like-minded individual who wanted to do the same, but it'd be nice if I could upsticks without fear of the upkeep/security of the property being left behind.

But hey ho, bit of sunshine usually snaps me out of it.

Last edited by ALi-B; 03 February 2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03 February 2011, 12:19 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Guys,

What you make of your life is down to you. No good sitting there moaning because you can't think of something to do next. No one else can help you, you have to do it all for yourself.

You will have to take hold of the situation and use your imagination to work out something to do which will be of absorbing interest or presents you with a challenge.

Les
Old 03 February 2011, 12:24 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by ALi-B
I am absolutely bored witless. Bored of everything, it all feels like I've been there done that got the T-shirt.

Been travelling, great with a companion. Not so great on my own (I need someone to boot me up the **** to get me out and about ). Job's as boring as hell - constantly finding excuses or "foreigners" to get out the office and do something else (for example, yesterday I put off doing a client's tax return in favour of messing with an Audi A8 with a clogged DPF ). Fed up of all the bars/clubs in the area, fair to say I've grown out of that scene. Got no real hobbies to get me out and about - I used to do alot of karting for my adrenalin fix, but its so expensive, same with messing about with cars. Friends have all settled down into "family life" and seem more interesting in watching films (of which I struggle to get the attention span to join ) and fancy meals out at vastly overrated eating establishments (and only my manners prevent me from verbally drubbing the snobby staff for daring to serve me a overpriced, overcooked Rib-eye steak thats more like rump and tasted like a leather boot).

As for living at the 'rents. For me moving out made it worse; At my mum's house my mess was confined to two rooms. Now its confined to a whole house, a house which I never "really" wanted to have but felt compelled to get so I could get on the "property ladder". Sure a year or so its great - my own batch-pad, I can have a cinema room, mini bar in the lounge, have house parties, but it soon wears off. Its now just a place where I eat, sleep and vegetate infront of a TV screen. I now see it as a ball and chain preventing me from upping sticks and galavanting to somewhere random in the world. I never would, unless I met a like-minded individual who wanted to do the same, but it'd be nice if I could upsticks without fear of the upkeep/security of the property being left behind.

But hey ho, bit of sunshine usually snaps me out of it.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 03 February 2011, 12:38 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

Learn to play an instrument, Join a band and your life will change.
Old 03 February 2011, 01:07 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Nobody on here can tell you what you are missing on life.
Who knows, maybe it's travelling, maybe it's a job you always dreamed of doing, maybe it's settling down in your own place, getting married and having children.

To some people all of the above are nowhere near their idea of what they want out of life.

I heard a quote recently... "be present". That was it. In other words live now. I'm not saying that you should forget about the importance of the future, but putting things off until tomorrow or next week sometimes means you put them off for a lifetime.

I have achieved more in the last few weeks, than I have in a few years!

I imagine you are in the perfect position to take the bull by the horns, so to speak.

Last edited by Hysteria1983; 03 February 2011 at 01:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Bored Feeling