Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Traffic Wardens - They Are Human

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2011, 10:06 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up Traffic Wardens - They Are Human

Today (& for the last few days) I was moving house and my wife & Ez into their new place in Bury St Edmunds. I was under the cosh, timewise and had a full LWB Hi-Top Tranny full of useful stuff (cr@p) to unload. Parking is residents & double yellows & not a space to be seen, so I parked on the pavement (no mean feat) with a wheel on top of the doubles.

After a while a traffic warden wanders down checking residents permits. I made sure I was out to be there when he finished the line & came across me but he studiously came down the road, around the end car in the bay and went back off up the road! I stood there, ready to speak, reason, cajole but because we never spoke, nothing was an issue & he said nothing.

Try that in London...

Thanks mate
Old 19 January 2011, 10:13 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Traffic Wardens are in general ok, there are a few detestable wardens about as with any job. Myself and one local shop owners have actually fell out over the top of them as he can't understand why I complained about his car not ever needing a ticket yet I was getting harrassed on a daily basis. Apparently the Traffic Warden was sacked over it which perversely didn't annoy me as she'd been a venomous bitch towards me for over a year.
Old 20 January 2011, 01:24 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
Traffic Wardens are in general ok, there are a few detestable wardens about as with any job. Myself and one local shop owners have actually fell out over the top of them as he can't understand why I complained about his car not ever needing a ticket yet I was getting harrassed on a daily basis. Apparently the Traffic Warden was sacked over it which perversely didn't annoy me as she'd been a venomous bitch towards me for over a year.
Maybe you'd have done better if you touched her up while she was writing your ticket!

Les