Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

just been to qwikfit

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2011, 01:43 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just been to qwikfit

for a puncture repair. A bloke was in with a scrapper fiesta. it needed 3 tyres, front brake pads and an exhaust. how much i hear you ask? £920 the car wasn't worth £920 ffs. anyhoo while he was on the phone to his mortgage broker my tyre was repaired, but as the bloke was taking his time on the phone the qwik fit manger said "sure throw me the tenner in the next time your round"... RESULT.

I went to the cash machine in the garage next door and got him his tenner anyway.
Old 05 January 2011, 01:46 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

just been to qwikfit
How brave - rather you than me..

Old 05 January 2011, 02:05 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

What he meant to say was:-

"Ive just taken my scoob to kwikfit for some work, £920 for some tyres,

pads & an exhaust result"

"Some chav next to me got charged £10 for a puncture fix, thought he was going to do a runner lol"

Am i a happy chappy

MArt
Old 05 January 2011, 02:14 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Must have been a bespoke stainless number?
Old 05 January 2011, 02:56 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You took your car where ?

I've lost what little respect I had for you
Old 05 January 2011, 03:09 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
You took your car where ?

I've lost what little respect I had for you
Lol! Same here!

I take it you were not lead away by the bloke to the 'office' while his 'co-worker' (robbing **** ******) had a good spray about your engine with se wd-40.
Only for you to come back and find that they needed to take a look and quote you for the 'work'.

Last edited by Hysteria1983; 05 January 2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05 January 2011, 03:45 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My (very) old car was recovered to qwikfit by the RAC due to failing brakes (was actually an O ring that failed in the master cylinder). The robbing barstewards suggested I needed 3 tyres, a master cylinder, servo, 2 discs, 1 caliper, pads, shoes, rear cylinder and maybe more - about £800. The car was only worth about £300!!! I took it elsewhere and had the master cylinder was repalced and all was well.
Old 05 January 2011, 04:29 PM
gammi0025
Scooby Regular

I used to work for these (robbing barstewards) many moons ago. the amount of fiddling and and just plain ripping people offthat went on, I couldn't take it and only last 8 day's. What took the biscuit was I was told to do a Tracking check on a car for an old women. So I got the gauges out ( the olds type that used cord between the gauges to move the dial) but was called away to speak to the manager when i came back found one of the fitter's at the other side of the car holding the cord to make it look like the tracking was out. Then watch as the other fitter explained the tracking as out showing her the gauge which to her shown the tracking was out. Then they banged some spanner's under the car to make it look like the tracking had been done then retested the tracking. Of course now it was showing perfect and went to charge her £15 quid so I followed her into office told her what they had done, said I would be a witness for trading standards and told my boss he was a robbing barsteward and to stick his job up his ****. Please never ever use Quickfit for anything not even to fix a puncture these ****wits will try and rip you off every chance they get.

Last edited by gammi0025; 05 January 2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05 January 2011, 04:37 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gammi0025
I used to work for these (robbing barstewards) many moons ago. the amount of fiddling and and just plain ripping people offthat went on, I couldn't take it and only last 8 day's. What took the biscuit was I was told to do a Tracking check on a car for an old women. So I got the gauges out ( the olds type that used cord between the gauges to move the dial) but was called away to speak to the manager when i came back found one of the fitter's at the other side of the car holding the cord to make it look like the tracking was out. Then watch as the other fitter explained the tracking as out showing her the gauge which to her shown the tracking was out. Then they banged some spanner's under the car to make it look like the tracking had been done then retested the tracking. Of course now it was showing perfect and went to charge her £15 quid so I followed her into office told her what they had done, said I would be a witness for trading standards and told my boss he was a robbing barsteward and to stick his job up his ****. Please never ever use Quickfit for anything not even to fix a puncture these ****wits will try and rip you off every chance they get.

If this is true, then you sir are one honest person.

So honest that i left my current scoobynet lurking status just to tell you this

Old 05 January 2011, 08:04 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18
If this is true, then you sir are one honest person.

So honest that i left my current scoobynet lurking status just to tell you this

He is right Mr P had a mate who worked there for a short time. The staff used to get through a lot of wd-40.

He left for similar reasons abd set up shop on his own.
Old 05 January 2011, 08:28 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

question is did he pay the extra 2 quid for the nitrogen fill up!!!!
Old 05 January 2011, 08:34 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

1. Get to know them.
2. Point out that you don't need a receipt.
3. Ask them when it suits them to do the work.
4. Pay cash and add a £5 for a beer.
5. Get the work done at half the price, by someone who also likes your alloys to stay unblemished...
6. Shake hands say thanks, and be glad the VAT man isn't around.

dunx

P.S. Nitrogen is free
Old 05 January 2011, 08:35 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

They tried to rip me off by telling me that my tyres, which had 4mm tread remaining, needed immediate replacement! Took it to my local Scoob Dealer and (believe it or not), they said the tyres would last at least another 6 months.

Ergo, Kwikfit even manage to make "Stealers" look good!
Old 05 January 2011, 08:37 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't think there was qwikfits in NI, I thought some other chain with similar ethos to robbing people were setup over here. Can't think of the name though but went into once and left with nothing cus they were *****.

I use a fella in Ballyclare for my tyres, he's not too expensive and has yet to try and rip me off. so i've bought my last 4/5sets of tyres from him.
Old 05 January 2011, 10:35 PM
gammi0025
Scooby Regular

Yeah mate thats the truth I was 19 at the time,( long time ago lol :-( ). Some may thing I was being petty but didn't want make a living ripping people off especially older people and people who don't know much about cars. Plus when I was 19 the wage was ****e and jobs were 10 a penny...
Old 05 January 2011, 10:56 PM
EmzWRX
Scooby Regular

You is a top bloke!!!

Well done!!!

Originally Posted by gammi0025
Old 06 January 2011, 12:22 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

just to clarify it was not subaru. it was my ls400. this one

Last edited by bigsinky; 06 January 2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06 January 2011, 09:24 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Are Kwikfit servicing your lawnmower as well mate!!!!