Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Scousers - thats how you get to the Semis

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2002, 11:15 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5-2 on aggregate - gotta be pleased with a scoreline like that at this stage of the comp. Pity about Becks though

Real have knocked the other krauts out so no chance of a repeat man u bayern final Just the other kraut team to beat first. Cant argue with not having to play Bayern and on of Real/Barcelona!
Old 10 April 2002, 11:34 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Come On MAN U!! great performance over both legs although they were poor.

Shocking tackle on Beckham.......the bloke was later sent off but should have gone then. It was a two footed lunge. He did another bad tackle later on and then the cyinical tackle that got him sent off...

Earned me a tenner of a L'pool fan

Ole GS is a class act. Great finishing and that pass from Veron
Old 11 April 2002, 11:32 AM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

I can Maxwell cos I was there. I would hardly call it "so much effort" to sing a few songs about Scousers. There are only 2 or 3 :" If you all hate scousers clap your hands", "Are you watching Merseyside" and "You're going out with the scousers". The first is sung regularly at OT (too often for my liking) and the others were sung a few times last night given Tuesday's results and Houllier's ill-judged claims to "greatness".
There were plenty more songs sung over the 90+ minutes.
You can hardly suggest United or their fans are insecure!!
You'll have to do better than that I'm afraid
Old 11 April 2002, 11:33 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Maxwell - The anti scouser singing seemed to do the trick. Maybe they should try something similar at Anfield?

Was the ref a complete ***? He booked the wrong guy for the tackle on Beckham, and then was left with no option to send him of with a second yellow for dissent later. Didn't matter too much with the final scoreline, but might have been a different story in a closer match. You can forgive incorrect decisions, but putting the wrong name on the card?
Old 11 April 2002, 11:47 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Well done Utd. There you go I said it, didn't hurt a bit

Makes a change to hear the prawn sandwich brigade making any noise at all

Even if it is aimed at the better team
Old 11 April 2002, 02:19 PM
g0d
Scooby Regular

Only as good as youre last five head to head games which leaves the score at five nil to liverpool

It is good to see scum representing england in europe but after the obvious attemp to nobble beckham in the first game Alex should have started him on the bench in this one.
Old 11 April 2002, 03:13 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

The M6 at birmingham was really busy last night with all them Mancs travelling from down south.The songs about us scousers was a way of showing relief they werent playing us in the semi final,but hey what about poor Beckham, last week he had supposedly broken a foot(B*llocks)and cried all the way off the pitch and this week he has actually done it and it was a good challenge that nice ARGENTINIAN player got the ball.(Quality challenge Keane would have been proud)

LOL Zippy

Trending Topics

Old 11 April 2002, 03:26 PM
SCOTTSCOOBY
Scooby Regular

p1 fanatic, your score predictions were a bit out but result wise spot on. man utd done well thats coming from me a true arsenal supporter. god help me!!!

scottscooby
Old 11 April 2002, 03:52 PM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

We what a great result for us, we thrashed the Spanish so bring on the Germans, as for singing about the Scoucers what about all the stick they were giving out on the radio the telly ect !!!!!

At the end of the day it's banter and I enjoyed a great game of football last night marred by the poor and un-professional conduct of the Deportivo players.

To all those fans offering their congratulations on the result cheers, as for the domestic stuff I thick we will now strugle with such key players out.

Daz.
Old 11 April 2002, 09:46 PM
Baja
Scooby Regular

What was the "Are you ..... in disguise?" song? Couldn't quite hear the key word on the tv!

Veron will come on strong but I fear that MU have too much to do in the league now.
Old 12 April 2002, 08:45 AM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Talking

Baja that would be "Are you City in disguise." (LOL).

Daz.
Old 04 November 2002, 11:25 AM
Maxwell Straker
Scooby Regular

As a Liverpool fan I would like to offer my congratulations to United on an excellent performance and a thoroughly merited place in the semi-finals. I am sure that you are glad not to be playing us though

I have a different point for you to ponder though. I thought there was a decent atmosphere at the game last night with singing for almost all of the 90 minutes. What I don't understand though is why so much effort is put into singing about scousers and not in cheering on your own team. This smacks of a great deal of insecurity on United fans behalf. this same anti United nonsense does not happen at Anfield unless we are playing you.

Maybe either of you can offer a constructive comment on that?

[Edited by Maxwell Straker - 4/11/2002 11:26:23 AM]