Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Nigel Slater - Simple Suppers

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2010, 08:58 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nigel Slater - Simple Suppers

I'm a pretty tolerant person, but this guy annoys the hell out of me... cant see why he has a prime time BBC1 slot
Old 22 December 2010, 09:12 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some decent recipes but he is a bit of Guardian reading modern parent type and I also mark him down for not having enormous **** and making suggestive remarks.
Old 22 December 2010, 09:30 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Massively irritating
Old 22 December 2010, 09:35 PM
Wagon Gaz
Scooby Regular

Irritating scruffy twonk!
Old 22 December 2010, 10:02 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

I've had a few of his books for years, but had never seen one of his programmes until a couple of years ago, and I have to agree........he annoys the hell out of me! I can't watch him, but love his recipes. He's a chum of Nigella
Old 22 December 2010, 10:27 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I wonder if he's ever made saucisson entre deux boulettes with her. :chin:

Last edited by Bubba po; 22 December 2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 22 December 2010, 10:31 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
I wonder if he's ever made saucisson entre-les-deux les boulettes with her. :chin:

He's gay!
Old 22 December 2010, 10:36 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by oldsplice
He's gay!
That's because he realised that after Nigella all other women were just entrees.

OMG, I just realised, we have two of his books in the house!! I might catch gay!

Seriously though, I never knew he was a bentertainer.
Old 22 December 2010, 10:39 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
That's because he realised that after Nigella all other women were just entrees.

OMG, I just realised, we have two of his books in the house!! I might catch gay!

Seriously though, I never knew he was a bentertainer.

Never knew??..........Never knew???? You need to get your gaydar looked at!
Old 22 December 2010, 10:46 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

There's nothing wrong with my gaydar, thankyou I can spot one at a hundred paces in bad light, in a crowd of people dressed as Danny la Rue at a Scissor Sisters gig.
Old 22 December 2010, 10:56 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Surely, knowing Nigella he would give up the Gay thing, go into "Reartirement" and have a go on those splendid Jubblies !
Old 22 December 2010, 11:04 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hes no Keith Floyd !

Dont care which way he bats , its probably as much the producer , the programmes are so horribly slick i just have to turn over

Last edited by dpb; 22 December 2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 22 December 2010, 11:08 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Surely, knowing Nigella he would give up the Gay thing, go into "Reartirement" and have a go on those splendid Jubblies !

Yes. I'm sure he could find a suitable sauce for those quenelles.
Old 22 December 2010, 11:18 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

I had a feeling he was a gay, there's a lot more on the t.v. than there used to be or did they just keep it in the closet?.
Old 23 December 2010, 12:29 AM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

To play TDW on you lot.. I like the guy, gay or part gay

Some of my favorite TV, Hugh and Jamie top him, obviously.
Old 23 December 2010, 09:08 AM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75
I had a feeling he was a gay, there's a lot more on the t.v. than there used to be or did they just keep it in the closet?.

Exactly where was this feeling you had DD?
Old 23 December 2010, 09:24 AM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Definately a wrong un, PSLewis told me he pushes back.

Chop
Old 23 December 2010, 09:41 AM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chopper.
Definately a wrong un, PSLewis told me he pushes back.

Chop

Who pushes back? PS or Nige?
Old 23 December 2010, 09:49 AM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Exactly where was this feeling you had DD?
More of an instinct than a feeling,i can usually spot one pretty quickly,especially if there carrying a handbag.....
Old 23 December 2010, 10:13 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

More of an instinct than a feeling,i can usually spot one pretty quickly,especially if there carrying a handbag.....
I dont think its Gay men that generally carry handbacks, that is usually transvestites or transexuals, though I worked with a really great guy of about 60 who happened to be gay, he was quite camp, big tache, the gaydar didnt even need switching on, very camp but a nicer bloke you couldnt wish to meet, he used to flounce off with this little leather bag, one day I couldnt contain my noseyness and asked him what it was, he said, in a camp, drawling voice "Why Mark, it is my Gentlemans Pouchette", well, I did ask, I didnt asks what was in it as I thought he may be embarassed and I may not want to know ! though I dont think he got embarassed, he told me that his Jewellrey set of the scanners at Manchester airport, I said I dint think I had seen him wear any, "oh its covered, most of the time...."

But the best one was when we discussing the upcoming Bank Holiday weekend, I was quite exicted as was going to Oulton Park for the Gold cup, had a night out on the beers planned with j4ckos mate etc and he comepltely upstages me when I asked what he was doing and he said "Going to a Gay Fetish party in Oslo", strange thing was, apart from the bum fest aspect, I was quite jealous !
Old 23 December 2010, 10:28 AM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Sorry J4CKO,i mean carrying a gentlemans pouchette, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Regarding the Gay Fetish party in Oslo there could be a few awkward situations when going to the toilet methinks.......
Old 23 December 2010, 10:32 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Simple supper? A single boiled carrot is a simple supper.

What he does is far from a "simple supper" its a properly fully prepared meal. Nice, but my idea of simple is something I can thrash together in 10mintutes without marinading overnight, using a food processor/mixer or traipsing round the herb garden.

Like my cheesy pasta bake - cheese (gouda is good, but cheddar will do), pasta and a stir in sauce. Add chilli for zing. Can make your own sauce or spice up a ready made one - just by dumping in random stuff from the spice rack. when sauce and pasta is cooked, just melt the cheese on top under the grill. If you like whiffy cheese, sprinkle on some grated parmesan.

Or just a good proper rib-eye steak. **** it on a pre heated hotplate (as hot as possible) , 3-4 minutes a side, Cook the steak when the Oven chips are nearly done (20-25mins), boil some peas(4mins - assuming you pre-boiled the water). Crack open a tinny. Done.

Last edited by ALi-B; 23 December 2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 23 December 2010, 10:42 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Sorry J4CKO,i mean carrying a gentlemans pouchette, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Regarding the Gay Fetish party in Oslo there could be a few awkward situations when going to the toilet methinks.......
Probably, actually less awkward than standing next to any bloke at the urinal !

I remember me and J4ckos mate, plus a couple of others going to a Gay club in Manchester, J4ckos mate stood on the stairs saying hello to everyone and how he was not gay but his mates had made him come in here, we had a great time, getting chatted up by blokes on the dance floor (like that scene in American Pie), a Lesbian bird gave us poppers and I bought a bottle, ace stuff ! I went to the bogs and saw a girl in a leotard go in, strange I thought until "she" whapped her **** out and stood at the urinal and had a p1ss.

The music was great, all sort of funk based, mad atmosphere.

I saw "her" again later, a rather sour faced, skinny tranny with too much make up (not that I prefer them with less or anything) only this time she was being taken up the wrongun (though correct for the establishment) by a muscly chap, now despite the air of devil may care, pushing the boundaires and novelty, we were all really quite niave and went to traditional "chicken in a basket", Hen Night, pissed office girl, straight laced clubs that played CeCe Peniston and ****e like that so this was new, and I couldnt help but stare, agog at what I was seeing, the tranny was looking back and caught my eye and said "What the f*ck are you looking at", for once in my life I didnt have an answer.

So, thats my daliance with the Gay lifestyle, I really enjoyed it and was kind of dissapointed when Jackos mate didnt want to go again, my only problem was the whole ******** men thing, even if they wear a leotard
Old 23 December 2010, 10:47 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Slater is such a luvvy it makes me feel queasy.
Old 23 December 2010, 10:49 AM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Probably, actually less awkward than standing next to any bloke at the urinal !

I remember me and J4ckos mate, plus a couple of others going to a Gay club in Manchester, J4ckos mate stood on the stairs saying hello to everyone and how he was not gay but his mates had made him come in here, we had a great time, getting chatted up by blokes on the dance floor (like that scene in American Pie), a Lesbian bird gave us poppers and I bought a bottle, ace stuff ! I went to the bogs and saw a girl in a leotard go in, strange I thought until "she" whapped her **** out and stood at the urinal and had a p1ss.

The music was great, all sort of funk based, mad atmosphere.

I saw "her" again later, a rather sour faced, skinny tranny with too much make up (not that I prefer them with less or anything) only this time she was being taken up the wrongun (though correct for the establishment) by a muscly chap, now despite the air of devil may care, pushing the boundaires and novelty, we were all really quite niave and went to traditional "chicken in a basket", Hen Night, pissed office girl, straight laced clubs that played CeCe Peniston and ****e like that so this was new, and I couldnt help but stare, agog at what I was seeing, the tranny was looking back and caught my eye and said "What the f*ck are you looking at", for once in my life I didnt have an answer.

So, thats my daliance with the Gay lifestyle, I really enjoyed it and was kind of dissapointed when Jackos mate didnt want to go again, my only problem was the whole ******** men thing, even if they wear a leotard
Sounds like one hell of a night.....
Old 23 December 2010, 11:20 AM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Who pushes back? PS or Nige?
PS
Old 23 December 2010, 12:37 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chopper.
PS

Errr........and you know this.....how?
Old 23 December 2010, 04:08 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Never mind him being gay or non-gay, I didn't even know who he was, my bad. However, on the subject of food programmes, I saw whatsit effing-n'-blinding one's shot last night, where he cooked the most unhealthy breakfast on a Christmas Day. Salmon and scrambled eggs were justified on toased croissant bits, but he put about a tonne of butter and half a tonne of cream in those 4 eggs! That's bad for heart, very bad. If Nigel is cooking healthy for his simple suppers, I don't really care if he is a gay or a tranny TBH.
Old 23 December 2010, 04:14 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

My mate ****ed a 16 year old tranny.

It was a 1994 long wheel based diesel.
Old 23 December 2010, 10:34 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Never mind him being gay or non-gay, I didn't even know who he was, my bad. However, on the subject of food programmes, I saw whatsit effing-n'-blinding one's shot last night, where he cooked the most unhealthy breakfast on a Christmas Day. Salmon and scrambled eggs were justified on toased croissant bits, but he put about a tonne of butter and half a tonne of cream in those 4 eggs! That's bad for heart, very bad. If Nigel is cooking healthy for his simple suppers, I don't really care if he is a gay or a tranny TBH.
Call that an unhealthy breakfast? Sounds like a light snack to me.

Quick Reply: Nigel Slater - Simple Suppers