, id also have done my best to keep the scuzzy **** peddler at bay
Old 21 December 2010, 10:10 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dpb
No spin, no underhand dealings - the guy tells it like it is

He is as much a politician as any of the others. He has also shown his real colours by his seemingly personal vendetta against RM.

Personally I think he is an over rated politician.
Old 21 December 2010, 10:24 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dpb
No spin, no underhand dealings - the guy tells it like it is

Yeah, that bragging to the unknown characters was very stupid.
Old 22 December 2010, 09:37 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Yeah, that bragging to the unknown characters was very stupid.
+1
for someone who thinks he is so smart he does a great impersonation of a ****wit.

If he has such principles and honour and belief in what he said then why the apology - another backsliding Lib Dim politico http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...coalition-down
Old 22 December 2010, 11:52 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
+1
for someone who thinks he is so smart he does a great impersonation of a ****wit.

If he has such principles and honour and belief in what he said then why the apology - another backsliding Lib Dim politico http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...coalition-down
Exactly.

If fact, no politician says it like it is. if he/she did, he/she wouldn't be a politician. Politicians are not supposed to have self-respect either. If they did, they won't get egged in conferences and public meetings, and still continue to kiss public's @rses for a seat. Mr. Vince is less of a politician, more of a PhD in Economics with embarrassing lack of common sense. Typical bragger IMO. Just if degrees could make personalities, eh. I look forward to his Strictly Come Dancing stint.
Old 22 December 2010, 12:23 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
+1

Cos otherwise he'd lose his job ?
Old 22 December 2010, 12:34 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Might have been fun if Cable had stayed on and then rejected the independent Ofcom report saying there were no concerns if Rupert M took over. Then the s,hit would have hit the proverbial.

========

On honest politicians I think Clark is pretty good but then he has no real ambitions to be PM I wouldn't think.

The one that impressed me most this year was the Chilean President when asked whose fault was the mining disaster. He just said "Ours".

dl
Old 22 December 2010, 12:47 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbohot

If fact, no politician says it like it is. if he/she did, he/she wouldn't be a politician.
Not exactly MPs, but the last two tory party members who "told it like it is" got sacked. "You've never had it so good" and "Middle classes won't breed" were nail on the head comments.

I think VC struggles to be a politician. As an economist, I think he has merit and is great as an adviser. As a front line MP I think he will and had struggled.

What was/is his problem with Murdoch?
Old 22 December 2010, 02:23 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Cos otherwise he'd lose his job ?
If he had the courage of his convictions he would have stood by what he said and taken the consequences like a man instead he gave a hollow apology.

He is learning the real lesson of being in power and having to make tough decisions and stand by them - something the Lib Dims are certainly not used to or prepared for.
Old 22 December 2010, 02:39 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
+10
Old 22 December 2010, 02:54 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Not exactly MPs, but the last two tory party members who "told it like it is" got sacked. "You've never had it so good" and "Middle classes won't breed" were nail on the head comments.
You said it, Ed! Even being a member or a buttering agent to a political party would require one to be a two-faced liar or semi-transparent (not fully), at the least. You say as it is, you get booted out. Highbrowed win-win got his amp cables mixed, he apologised like an undignified, unstable idiot, proving himself to be a politician to cerain degree. Politicians (the one that want their jobs continued) are supposed to be good at apologising for their blunders, no matter how much damage they may have caused to others, or to themselves.

He didn't have to apologise if he were a man of his "true" words. He is 73, not 33. His family don't "need" him to be in employment with the Government or anyone. He could have gone into the history books like a candle in ruins (or like a fired up matchstick in haystock ), had he stuck to his words, and disclosed some more of so-called deceitful economic agenda c/o Govt to public. He would have got sacked, but he could have easily done some remaining time of his life doing some gardening, like other normal pensioners do. But, no!
What a loser TBH.

May be, he feels that he needs to be in power (less than half remaining for him, I know) to bail the country out, hence the surfacial apology. He could be bubbling underneath, but biting the bullet to save the country. In that case, he should have kept his gob shut to complete strangers, so what if they were a bunch of vulnerable females. Females are worse to keep secrets, man! So, he still reserves a "loser" crown for himself, even when you look at the scandal with different angle.

Last edited by Turbohot; 22 December 2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 22 December 2010, 03:14 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Certainly been caught with pants down. I wonder what that giggling female reporter was doing when he was saying that - I keep getting these visions that whilst Vince was talking he was in the middle of some some sort of weirdy Max Moseley-esque S&M session.

Pity his plans to scupper Murdoch/Sky/news Corp have been ousted. Sky need less power, not more.

Last edited by ALi-B; 22 December 2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 22 December 2010, 03:49 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Sorry, he is 67, not 73. I have to Vince it, now. <clears throat> I apologise from the bottom of my heart for making Cable da Vincie 6 years older than what he looks like.
Old 22 December 2010, 05:26 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler

For a man who projects himself as the thinking man's politician - saying how he sees it - he has demonstrated himself to be a hollow braggart.