Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

People will die if these Huhnes get their way!

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2010, 10:23 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I read this in the Telegraph the other day. Basically there has been a lot of lobbying by companies providing nuclear and alternative energy like you mention, and now they are going to be subsidised so that rather than finding the cheapest form of power, we're going to eradicate competition to have this in place. I think nuclear power has to be the way to go, but is this really the answer? Pushing up the cost of power for everyone at times like these?

Just goes to show what a 'free market' this is. The industry is already probably one of the most heavily regulated (but for good reason perhaps?), providing monopolies only second to the public sector. Now subsidised by the tax payer all on the back of a sketchy greenhouse argument. Interesting.
Old 21 December 2010, 11:00 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hutton_d
So, just after old Huhne gets back from his Mexican holiday in Cancun (some global warming farce) and announces "... “a seismic shift” in Britain’s energy policy, the purpose of which, according to Mr Cameron, is to replace our “clapped-out” electricity supplies by making Britain “the greenest economy in the world”. ..." (i.e. lots of windmills) we get the current cold snap. And take a look at what has been generating our electricity recently ... http://www.bmreports.com/bsp/bsp_home.htm ... (scroll down about 3/4 to 'Generation by fuel type' ). Wind - 0.1% (that's zero point one %!!!).

But hold on, they've thought of that so they're admitting "... for the first time that the wind doesn’t always blow; so it proposes a Capacity Mechanism to subsidise the building of dozens of gas-fired power stations, to be kept running all the time, emitting CO2, just to provide instant back-up for when the wind drops. ...". I mean, WTF?? Are these people absolutely barking bleddy mad??? Just build the power stations that keep the country running and NOT the political vanity project windmills which means we'll be running parallel feckin' power generating systems.

Sorry, but the sooner ALL occupants of the HoC are strung up and we leave the EU the better! This is *OUR* money they're spending and they're spending it twice on the same thing! My MP will be getting a nice Xmas missive along the lines of this methinks. Tory, but I didn't vote for the ******.

Dave - rant over ...

PS: for the benefit of those that skim posts by me and *sometimes* disagree with what I write the quotes are taken from ... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...k-Britain.html ... and the actual document referred to is at ... http://www.decc.gov.uk/assets/decc/C...orm-condoc.pdf ... so please check it out for yourself!
I agree with all that.

This GBW business was a gift to governments to enable them to generate extra taxes and spend huge amounts of our money to construct so called green energy provisions which are particularly innefficient anyway as well being mindbendingly expensive. As was said above, to make up for when it does not work, they then create more carbon gas to back it up!

Now that GBW has ceased anyway from the "blip" some ten years ago, they now try to fool us by calling it "climate change" and still blaming CO2 for causing it! Co2 is a greenhouse gas which they say causes GBW and must be suppressed even though GBW has now ceased and our climate is reverting to what it used to be some years ago anyway. Climates have changed cyclically over the aeons of course.

Its is time we got out of the corrupt organisation over the water and found some more honest politicians with a strong leader who wishes above all to support this country for a change.

Les