Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

are you an online shopping idiot???

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2010, 04:23 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are you an online shopping idiot???

I am absolutely astounded at how thick people are!

If i have to answer one more email or telephone call from a customer today asking why the parcel they ordered 2 days a go has not been delivered today I may have to kill myself.

People seem to be ordering online because there road is blocked and think that even though its too dangerous for them to go out that a delivery company "should be able to get through"

please if you don't know that snow and ice is delaying flights/trains and the traffic on the road network you don't deserve to be able to use a computer and should have it confiscated by some sort of government department.
Old 03 December 2010, 04:26 PM
davefaedeen
Scooby Regular

I agree!!!! now wheres my dishwasher!!! lol!!!
Old 03 December 2010, 04:31 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

I'm still waiting for my Grand Piano.

Damn it!
Old 03 December 2010, 04:35 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

surely my phone battery can make it thro the snowy depths , postie could get it in his breast pocket
Old 03 December 2010, 05:16 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

As long as people are offering/charging next day delivery, then they should deliver next day (not saying you are). Sellers are just as stupid offering something they can't provide.
Old 03 December 2010, 05:45 PM
davefaedeen
Scooby Regular

agree x2 no really where is the dishwasher i ordered last week!!! lol!!! mmm maybe its something to do with the fact that both(including my subaru) cars are stuck in the snow on my private road!!!! ha ha!!!
Old 03 December 2010, 07:48 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Wonder if people panic buy wile doing their online shop, went over to asda today and it was heaving. People running about like Apache Indians, stuff over flowing from their trolleys.

Got the bare essentials I went in for then was out as quick as I could.

Trending Topics

Old 03 December 2010, 07:55 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by azz250478
As long as people are offering/charging next day delivery, then they should deliver next day (not saying you are). Sellers are just as stupid offering something they can't provide.

I ordered quite a bit of stuff online this year. Loads still to come, but most of it has turned up as promised.
The bits still to come, I might have to collect from delivery depots as I doubt anyone will get down our track now
Old 03 December 2010, 07:56 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I started a job for someone local to me and I had a tiny bit work left, then all the snow started. I never turned up to his house as he lives on a hill and the snow is terrible and there is now where to park nearby as the snow has all the roads really narrow. I get a phone call two days ago asking when I'm coming to finish the work. I politely say as soon as I can but I'm really thinking check the weather reports you thick ****er and you can find out exactly when I can turn up
Old 03 December 2010, 08:11 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

You want it delivered by flying monkeys then? If a vehicle is unable to get to you because of traffic incident or blocked roads why does it make the seller stupid?

99% of our deliveries got through but a couple were unable because of conditions at the delivery destination.
Old 03 December 2010, 08:14 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by stevebt
I started a job for someone local to me and I had a tiny bit work left, then all the snow started. I never turned up to his house as he lives on a hill and the snow is terrible and there is now where to park nearby as the snow has all the roads really narrow. I get a phone call two days ago asking when I'm coming to finish the work. I politely say as soon as I can but I'm really thinking check the weather reports you thick ****er and you can find out exactly when I can turn up
Polite to call first before he calls you though

TX.
Old 03 December 2010, 08:41 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe
Wonder if people panic buy wile doing their online shop, went over to asda today and it was heaving. People running about like Apache Indians, stuff over flowing from their trolleys.

Got the bare essentials I went in for then was out as quick as I could.

You appear to be missing two rather important items:

And:

Old 03 December 2010, 10:29 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I don't buy much on line. I like to see before I pay. Otherwise, I'd rather leave it TBH. I bought some rubbish on Ebay when cyberworld was all new to me. I ended up with some fake and very substandard stuff. My last shopping was Christmas tree lights (40 on a long lead)from Amazon. Much more reliable site than Ebay, I thought. They didn't specify that that those 40 bulbs were on a 3 inch lead, not on a 3 foot long one. That put me right off this online shopping milarky.

Foodwise, I stock loads instead of hanging around for some delivery man to come between 1pm to 6pm. If I have to, I will leave the shed door unlocked for them to deliver, and my cat can sign for it. I don't like waiting around for anyone.
Old 03 December 2010, 10:44 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK

You want it delivered by flying monkeys then? If a vehicle is unable to get to you because of traffic incident or blocked roads why does it make the seller stupid?

99% of our deliveries got through but a couple were unable because of conditions at the delivery destination.
TBH it's not my problem how you get it to me. I have just sold something and put a note on the item explaining that due to the weather I'm not going to offer next day delivery, is it so hard to put a little notice on a website or even at checkout something like if you opt for next day please be aware we might not be able to get it to you next day due to weather. What happens if the person that's ordered has no snow near them and it's all at the sellers end, then they shouldn't be offering it if they can't deliver.

I understand that sometimes it can't be helped, but it works both ways
Old 04 December 2010, 10:03 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

TBH it's not my problem how you get it to me. I have just sold something and put a note on the item explaining that due to the weather I'm not going to offer next day delivery, is it so hard to put a little notice on a website or even at checkout something like if you opt for next day please be aware we might not be able to get it to you next day due to weather. What happens if the person that's ordered has no snow near them and it's all at the sellers end, then they shouldn't be offering it if they can't deliver.

You obviously don't have experience of dealing with the general public! It makes no difference how many banners/signs/statements people just don't read them and if they do they ignore them
Old 04 December 2010, 10:09 AM
Lady Luck
Scooby Regular

I've had to make a spreadsheet up with what i've bought, where from and when so I can keep track of things as they arrive in dribs and drabs due to the weather.

I'm terrible at forgetting what i've bought!
Old 04 December 2010, 12:06 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

If next day delivery is being offered and the money is being taken they should refund it if it does/cannot be delivered, I wonder how many do?
Old 04 December 2010, 08:48 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
Polite to call first before he calls you though

TX.
Agreed.
Old 04 December 2010, 10:00 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What happens if the person that's ordered has no snow near them and it's all at the sellers end, then they shouldn't be offering it if they can't deliver.

I see your point, but I think most people know there have been weather problems over the last week, even if their area isn't personally affected. Maybe it would be helpful to put notes on sites, but as has been said, many people ignore any information put in front of them. Plus would it really help? Yes, you may know there could be a delay, it's not going to cost you any less no doubt.

We've had no post all week until Friday, not a single postie out. However, my other half (courier)has been delivering all week. Although he can't get around as many deliveries per day as normal, he is doing his best, and tbh most people seem to be grateful to have received their goods if a little late.

I think a little patience is needed at times.