Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

eFence Blah

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2010, 09:46 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eFence Blah

Right, trying to deal with a bit of a tit on eFence. As I don't use it much I wondered what general opinions might be on this...

Basically, the mrs bought a play kitchen thing for the boy. The seller is local(ish) and due to size is collection only.

It does have PayPal as the payment method (which the mrs didn't notice despite being told to watch for it ) but since its collection only cash has to be better, nae fees etc plus, the credit card expired on paypal and they are now after bank details i don't really want to give them.

As soon as i got in that night i contacted the seller and said give me your address/phone me to arrange collection and explained the paypal issue.

I have since emailled everyday (through ebay) and heard nothing apart from two emails saying "you haven't paid or contacted me" which is clearly *****. They've now opened an unpaid item thing and i've explained all the same again to ebay.

Given i also had to update my credit card for ebay and i've only used ebay for messaging, what's the chat likely to be?

Do i just neg him and be done with or what ? I suspect its all an excuse as he doesn't want to sell for the amount it went for. Not impressed with the unpaid item thing though. Still, if they cancel my account i won't really care. Hardly use it.

Any thoughts?

5t
Old 03 December 2010, 11:50 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

fix paypal and pay even if he refunds your payment you wont get a strike from ebay.
Old 03 December 2010, 12:00 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Hmmm not keen on paying someone that just sticks their head in the sand. Still won't be done for over a month.

Happily eFence have sent me his phone number. I'll call once I'm likely to have a conversation that doesn't sound like Shaun Ryder in a swear off.

5t.
Old 03 December 2010, 12:39 PM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

If he doesn't want to sell it - all he has to do is withdraw it as broken.

As long as he doesn't make a habit of it'll be OK
Old 03 December 2010, 12:56 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

One unpaid item strike won't affect your account unduly, so unless the missus is desperate for the item, let it go. I personally would be reluctant to pay this one prior to collection either
If all your emails to the seller have been through ebay's messaging system, they will likely find in your favour anyway, eventually
Old 03 December 2010, 01:00 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Thanks all. As long as it isn't a particularly major thing. I've messaged him every single day so ok there. Will give him a call and see what the excuse is! I'll suggest the withdrawn from sale angle to him as well if he's that desperate!

Wanted it for the wee mans birthday on the 8th so that won't happen now anyway. That's why i'm so annoyed about it.

5t.