Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Uncle Vince - digging his own grave...

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2010, 11:26 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uncle Vince - digging his own grave...

It's completely barking

Vince Cable, Minister in the Lib-Con Gov't, is thinking about abstaining in the vote on tuition fees which he is responsible for

His excuse that it was policy in a party that lost the election is bollox.

Will Cameron keep him?

dl
Old 30 November 2010, 11:34 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

You can see it in his eyes on the news, he's thinking, "it's my policy, delivered by me, and I have to vote against it or at best, abstain. Absurd. Fvck. Gutted."
Old 01 December 2010, 09:56 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It is quite ridiculous that he feels he has to abstain from voting on a system which he believes is fair and will be better for the less fortunate students. This is the bad face of politics.

He will lose a great deal of general support and credibility purely for siding with the rest of his party for political reasons.

I think most of us have lost most of our faith in modern politicians and this sort of thing purely underlines that.

Les
Old 01 December 2010, 10:09 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is just the sort of nonsense that we can now expect from this two faced government.
Old 01 December 2010, 10:37 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

TBH, I reckon the LibDems have been found out, big-time.

For years they have promised voters the moon, knowing they would never have to deliver. Suddenly, they find themselves sharing power and completely unable to deliver on their ridiculous promises, so having to go back on what were mainstream policies in their maifesto, and try and explain to their supporters why they are now doing the EXACT opposite.

This coalition will achieve at least one thing if it opens the public's eyes to the liars and cheats that are the LibDems.

How many seats next time round? Not many, I'd say. Clegg, for one, will be lucky to get in again according to HIS constituents..........
Old 01 December 2010, 10:48 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
TBH, I reckon the LibDems have been found out, big-time.

For years they have promised voters the moon, knowing they would never have to deliver. Suddenly, they find themselves sharing power and completely unable to deliver on their ridiculous promises, so having to go back on what were mainstream policies in their maifesto, and try and explain to their supporters why they are now doing the EXACT opposite.

This coalition will achieve at least one thing if it opens the public's eyes to the liars and cheats that are the LibDems.

How many seats next time round? Not many, I'd say. Clegg, for one, will be lucky to get in again according to HIS constituents..........
That is exactly it Alcazar! 100% spot on!

Camoron played a clever game cosied up to the Lib Dims, ousted NL and has now shown the Lib Dims for what they are - unelectable and without a clue.

Next time around it will be a two Donkey race between Labour and the Conservatives.
Old 01 December 2010, 10:57 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Cable needs to grow some ***** and man up!

Its only because Labour have created such a huge amount of whingers that this has become so notorious amongst students. When Labour introduced fees thirteen years (when I myself was a student) - when Blair specifically said they had "no plans to introduce fees" (a lie), we still had a compliant society so the protests were no where near as vocal as the ones today. Some may say its because its a step too far, others may think it s a current generation of selfish people who are not worldly enough (i.e ignorant/arrogant etc. ) to understand that money isn't magicked up has to come from somewhere. And don't even realise it was Labour that introduced such an "unfair" system in the first place, lets not forget the "top-up" fees too! (again, which Labour clearly said intheir manifesto they were not going to do and will legislate to prevent...another lie!)

If Cable abstains or votes against his own proposals, he needs to resign from his position. We can't have politicians dropping in these reforms touting its the way forward, then running away when its gets to the final stages, because for whatever reason they don't like it anymore; If that were the case, the reform policy should have never got past the consulting stage. Which is both unprofessional, shortsighted and bad for PR.

Last edited by ALi-B; 01 December 2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02 December 2010, 01:55 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Spot on Ali.

Les
Old 02 December 2010, 01:56 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
That is exactly it Alcazar! 100% spot on!

Camoron played a clever game cosied up to the Lib Dims, ousted NL and has now shown the Lib Dims for what they are - unelectable and without a clue.

Next time around it will be a two Donkey race between Labour and the Conservatives.
I sincerely hope we get some better quality donkeys to choose from.

Les
Old 02 December 2010, 02:26 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

EEEEH ORRRRE!

I think not, Les. Same old same old
Old 02 December 2010, 02:45 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK

What about ones that don't U-Turn over statements
Old 02 December 2010, 02:49 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Its called integrity.

One can do a U-turn, BUT they also must publically announce they've got it wrong.

Last edited by ALi-B; 02 December 2010 at 03:03 PM.