Muslims

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2010, 01:09 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muslims

Awful aren't they?

My kettle broke today - friggin muslims caused it.

My laptop's slow - let's blame those pesky muslims.

My car's running rough - it's those muslims again; they love altering my ECU.

SN: well done for changing from being a good, busy site with lots of varying posters and being a hot bed of intellect, to being what you are now.

It's shameful that a site that attracted a good and varied breadth of people has become what it is today.

I aplogise for the swear word I used, but it sums up what SN is today.
Old 12 November 2010, 01:24 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whilst the subject/people can be an easy target for some, and like watch threads, these threads seem to come in droves then die off again... most people don't seem to hold that view.

The majority don't see things so black and white, and no offence to you at all, but stay and put your opinions across.

New and old members come and go, but the more that just leave saying 'it's ****' etc. the less reasonable the place will become.

Everybody is entitled to have an opinion and voice it, but there can only be debate if other people stay and counter-argue.

I know there will be plenty of people on here that view me as some 'lilly livered leftie' which I'm not. I like to think I am just fair, and see the grey areas. Of course our country has problems, but too many people like to just apportion blame at the easiest place.
Old 12 November 2010, 01:28 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Whilst the subject/people can be an easy target for some, and like watch threads, these threads seem to come in droves then die off again... most people don't seem to hold that view.

The majority don't see things so black and white, and no offence to you at all, but stay and put your opinions across.

New and old members come and go, but the more that just leave saying 'it's ****' etc. the less reasonable the place will become.

Everybody is entitled to have an opinion and voice it, but there can only be debate if other people stay and counter-argue.

I know there will be plenty of people on here that view me as some 'lilly livered leftie' which I'm not. I like to think I am just fair, and see the grey areas. Of course our country has problems, but too many people like to just apportion blame at the easiest place.

So you disagre that SN isn't what it was, and is now, genarally an anti muslim site?

The only threads that attain 1-10 page input are anti islam flavoured.
Old 12 November 2010, 01:51 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
So you disagre that SN isn't what it was, and is now, genarally an anti muslim site?

The only threads that attain 1-10 page input are anti islam flavoured.
No, I don't think as a whole the site is anti-muslim. I think some people are, and I think some people have concerns which they have a right to voice within reason.

I think as I have said, at the moment it's become a 'popular' subject, often due to the same users bringing up new topics, but alot of what leads to such long threads are people arguing against the original viewpoint.

I love to see some discussions about other topics get some debate going, if I can't join in due to lack of knowledge I still like to read, but that relies on other members getting stuck in on them.

We can't ban reasonable discussion, however tiring, but I welcome with open arms other topics.

SN can't do right it seems, we allow discussions, we get slated, we stop them and we get slated...What we can't control is users walking away. If you want a change, give it a go again, and breathe some new life in.

PM me to make it a topic I can join in with, so I can help it drag out to to 10 pages plus.
Old 12 November 2010, 01:56 AM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

civil war within 10 years i reckon....discuss?

Old 12 November 2010, 03:01 AM
bobby260480
Scooby Regular

all a bunch of muppets easy to slag people off over the net. like to see them do it face to face. *******
Old 12 November 2010, 03:02 AM
bobby260480
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
Awful aren't they?

My kettle broke today - friggin muslims caused it.

My laptop's slow - let's blame those pesky muslims.

My car's running rough - it's those muslims again; they love altering my ECU.

SN: well done for changing from being a good, busy site with lots of varying posters and being a hot bed of intellect, to being what you are now.

It's shameful that a site that attracted a good and varied breadth of people has become what it is today.

I aplogise for the swear word I used, but it sums up what SN is today.
well said
Old 12 November 2010, 07:18 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Enlightenment..... blah blah....... secular state....... blah blah..... apostasy .... blah blah..... link to spurious Daily Mail story.... blah blah ..... if you don't agree with me you are weak....... blah blah ..... ad hom fallacy...... blah blah..... demagoguery ..... blah blah..... Sharia Law ...... blah blah .... Islamism

There that should save others the bother

Last edited by f1_fan; 12 November 2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12 November 2010, 07:37 AM
fastmike
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bobby260480
all a bunch of muppets easy to slag people off over the net. like to see them do it face to face. *******
LOL...... need anyone say more....... you cant beat a healthy dose of hypocrasy
Old 12 November 2010, 07:44 AM
zip106
Scooby Regular

I was thinking the same as FP only last night whilst skimming through some threads.
It's becoming quite irksome now to the point that NSR is getting clogged up with Religious threads.
Old 12 November 2010, 07:56 AM
KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Ay no Jtaylor this time or Tony de wonderfull
Old 12 November 2010, 07:59 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Even the right-wing, xenophobic, rag-head & wog hating that is me is surprised by the number of threads and also contributions some running into pages and pages.

There does seem to be a lot of tarring with the same brush but that goes on in NSR regardless of the thread title and content.

I would have thought most of us come into contact with Muslims on a regular basis and i bet most do not blow themselves up or stone someone to death in the street nor do they shout "Death to the infidels!!!" waving an AK47 about. It should not need saying but i will anyway do not confuse and tar all with the same (extremism) brush. It simply is not true or fair to do so.

Also if contributing to said threads, ignore those who troll these threads and do not rise to the/their baiting.

I think the main issue is of integration into society and people from 'both sides' wary and mistrusting of what they do not know or understand.

With that in mind i do think it important that issues and concerns are out in the open and discussed - sensibly that is!

Last edited by The Zohan; 12 November 2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12 November 2010, 08:06 AM
KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Paul have you been watching the 'Four lions'

Proper replica brudda, AK47!
Old 12 November 2010, 08:32 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

I'm with FP - it's same old same old I'm sick to the back teeth of the anti-anything threads....
Old 12 November 2010, 08:37 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Aladdin
Paul have you been watching the 'Four lions'

Proper replica brudda, AK47!
Nah went p@ki bashing instead, worked up an appetite and ended up having a curry!
Old 12 November 2010, 08:50 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I can only see three threads on the page, about Muslims, and that includes this one
I very rarely get involved in anti whatever threads, but I did have to have a say about yesterdays proceedings.
That's what I like about SN. somewhere to have a laugh, chinwag or a damn good debate
Old 12 November 2010, 08:54 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Ooh look another liberal leftie thinking no one should speak out about muslim extremists and just keep quiet.
Only in SN NSR are you either a Muslim bashing right winger or a liberal leftie with no in betweens
Old 12 November 2010, 08:56 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
I can only see three threads on the page, about Muslims, and that includes this one
I very rarely get involved in anti whatever threads, but I did have to have a say about yesterdays proceedings.
That's what I like about SN. somewhere to have a laugh, chinwag or a damn good debate
About 10 in the last week or so if you scan down a bit. It's not the number. it's the tone and repetitivenes of them I think people get fed up with.

As you say most of us come here for a laugh and to kick back... something lost on one or two posters who can't seem to grasp that.
Old 12 November 2010, 08:59 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Only in SN NSR are you either a Muslim bashing right winger or a liberal leftie with no in betweens
shuddit you whining leftie pufta!

Last edited by The Zohan; 12 November 2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12 November 2010, 09:02 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its the same site as its always been .. every now and then someone will post saying this like they do on every forum ..
Old 12 November 2010, 09:03 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx

on a muslim/racism thread. Laugh? I almost started!!
Old 12 November 2010, 09:08 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Ooh look another liberal leftie thinking no one should speak out about muslim extremists and just keep quiet.
This post kind of sums up the problem.

If you have moderate outlook on here you get this ‘Lefty, Liberal PC’ bollox thrown at you.

Why not let merits of your own arguments stand up for themselves, and quit the silly name calling?
Old 12 November 2010, 09:11 AM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
About 10 in the last week or so if you scan down a bit. It's not the number. it's the tone and repetitivenes of them I think people get fed up with.

As you say most of us come here for a laugh and to kick back... something lost on one or two posters who can't seem to grasp that.

That's what I come in here for, but it's getting to the point now where I can't be arsed. Someone will post a light-hearted remark, and be castigated by some other humourless ****. IMHO

Oh, and I didn't come in here one day this week, and when I signed in the next day, the threads only ran to one page. Now in the olden days...........
Old 12 November 2010, 09:18 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Because Martin burying your head in the sand ignoring issues as you seem to want to does not resolve them or in any way show a stance against what is happening.

Ignore the issue?....WHERE, WHEN??

Bury head in sand????, WHERE WHEN??
Old 12 November 2010, 09:20 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
This post kind of sums up the problem.

If you have moderate outlook on here you get this ‘Lefty, Liberal PC’ bollox thrown at you.

Why not let merits of your own arguments stand up for themselves, and quit the silly name calling?
you forgot to add "deride and berate people who do not share your opinion and get all upset and defensive" when the same is done to you
Old 12 November 2010, 09:27 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldsplice
That's what I come in here for, but it's getting to the point now where I can't be arsed. Someone will post a light-hearted remark, and be castigated by some other humourless ****. IMHO

Oh, and I didn't come in here one day this week, and when I signed in the next day, the threads only ran to one page. Now in the olden days...........
Yes I was thinking the very same this week. The amount of people posting has dropped considerably even in the last 6 months, but compared to several years ago it's unecognisable.
Old 12 November 2010, 09:28 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
shuddit you whining leftie pufta!
Sod off Adolf!

Quick Reply: Muslims