Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

TV/Video combi

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2002, 02:46 PM
PeterStone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Thinking of getting one of the above for the conservatory and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations.Seem to vary between £150-300.Are they all much of a muchness?-not that bothered about features although teletext and videoplus would be nice

TIA

Pete Stone
Old 08 April 2002, 05:10 PM
CaptainBeakie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Always nice to have a 'twin tuner'. Allows you to tape one programme and watch another.

I bought one through a company in Northampton. They saved me £80 on the Philips combi I was after. Let me know if you want the number.

Regards

Old 09 April 2002, 07:45 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Ive had two of these units for my little boy (watches barney etc as he goes to bed).

They arent the most reliable things but there cheap.
We had a philips one first and are currently on some other make whos name i cant remember. (have also got a 25inch one in our bedroom which saves a lot of space).

Havent seen any with video plus, but ours does have teletext + twin tuner so you can watch and record different channels.
will attempt to remember the make and model of the 25" inch in bedroom and post it here.
Old 09 April 2002, 10:11 AM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

I got an Aiwa combi, has Videoplus, teletext & twin tuner. It is in mono but has a speaker either side of the screen so it sounds a bit better than normal one speaker models. Cheapest place was Comet about £250.