Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Molar Pregnancy

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2010, 06:06 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Molar Pregnancy

hi all, not been the best couple of days in my life i can tell you, went for the routine 12weeks baby scan with my wife yesterday only to be told that we have lost it (2nd time in a row now) apparently the wife has suffered a 'molar pregnacy' which is very rare. its where the placenta forms into 'grape like' bunches and cant support the baby causing the misscarage. im truly gutted..especially after the agonising wait for the scan after last time.

has anyone else suffered this rare problem?

im just after some reasurance that this wont affect our future chances
Old 22 September 2010, 06:20 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by powerwrx
hi all, not been the best couple of days in my life i can tell you, went for the routine 12weeks baby scan with my wife yesterday only to be told that we have lost it (2nd time in a row now) apparently the wife has suffered a 'molar pregnacy' which is very rare. its where the placenta forms into 'grape like' bunches and cant support the baby causing the misscarage. im truly gutted..especially after the agonising wait for the scan after last time.

Sorry to hear about your bad news.

On the whole it's rare for it to happen again
Old 22 September 2010, 06:24 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Not a molar pregnancy but we lost one before going on to have 3 very healthy girls, eldest is 6 now. Our circumsatances wernt very pleasant, I'll not go into detail but it wasnt enough to put us off trying again.
Keep at it (pardon the expression) itll all come good (sorry) in he end. Miscarriages as you have probably been made aware, happen a lot more often than most folks realise, something like 1 in 5. Chin up fella, give the missus a hug and maybe talk to her about trying again in a while.

Last edited by brendy76; 22 September 2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 22 September 2010, 06:24 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear your news
Old 22 September 2010, 06:27 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

terrible news, have the doctors said what they/you can do for the next time?
Old 22 September 2010, 06:35 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Really sorry to hear of the sad news.
Mates of mine in this situation have gone on to have kids after this sort of thing without any complications.
Old 22 September 2010, 07:15 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that
Old 22 September 2010, 07:25 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear your bad news rob
Old 22 September 2010, 07:41 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 22 September 2010, 08:21 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that mate,just keep trying. We've not had the same problem,but the wife had seven miscarriages in trying for our second,she had to go for hormone injections every week to support the baby once she got pregnant,we just kept trying and ended up with twins
Old 22 September 2010, 08:28 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that bud, I have no words of wisdom except for keep trying. My best wishes to both of you.
Old 22 September 2010, 08:31 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

same here sad news but keep trying - wife had 2 miscarriages and we have 5 children
Old 22 September 2010, 08:35 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that, but to help put your mind at rest about the future - my sister in law had one of these, suffered from some bad lows after finding out/ suddenly being cut off the pregnancy hormones as a result, but the following year got pregnant and had her first child absolutely normally with no intervention of any sort and followed up with another child 2 years later.

The best way to ty to think of it for now was it was just Nature's way of saying that something was wrong this time, but that was just this time and it won't be the same in the future.
Old 22 September 2010, 08:42 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I'm genuinely sorry to hear about this bud. My mrs is due for her 20 week scan at the beginning of November so hoping nothing is wrong myself. Is there any checks that the hospital can do in order to disti gush the possibilities of this happening again?

One of my aunts had her first of two lads not long after I was born. She then had two miscarrages in the following 18 months. She thn had her second lad who is now 22 ( his bro is 24).

All the best for the future mate. You've at least got one beautiful baby (not the scoob your daughter )
Old 22 September 2010, 08:44 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat Boy
The best way to ty to think of it for now was it was just Nature's way of saying that something was wrong this time, but that was just this time and it won't be the same in the future.
bang on, exactly what I said to my wife
Old 22 September 2010, 08:50 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fat Boy
Sorry to hear that, but to help put your mind at rest about the future - my sister in law had one of these, suffered from some bad lows after finding out/ suddenly being cut off the pregnancy hormones as a result, but the following year got pregnant and had her first child absolutely normally with no intervention of any sort and followed up with another child 2 years later.

Well said,i said that to my other half on many occasions.
Old 22 September 2010, 09:01 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Sorry for your loss mate,from experience i know its not easy on either of you but always effects the missis more so,but to be expected,sorry again and good luck for the future
Old 22 September 2010, 09:14 PM
Dutch Scooby lover
Scooby Regular

Pure crap Mate.
A close friend of mine and his wife have been trying to have kids for ages now (married almost 15 years, trying for at least 10)and they have had all the same stuff happen.
Eventually they just stopped trying, as they were fed up with all the medical stuff (IVF,scans, this and that)

I hope you and your wife can get past this, and someday it will work out.
Old 22 September 2010, 09:31 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

thanks, for your kind words and comments everyone..we have to wait 2 weeks now for the results of the tests and to find out what we need to do next, with there being 'tumors' theres a possability that cancer treatment will be needed ( even though they are not cancerous tumors) but that is a small chance and hopefully it wont be needed.. untill then we dont know what if any things that can be done to help next time.

C.O.B thanks for the kind words regaurding my daughter, im thankfull we have her..i know there are plenty out there who are struggling to become pearents for the first time
Old 22 September 2010, 10:03 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

thanks, for your kind words and comments everyone..we have to wait 2 weeks now for the results of the tests and to find out what we need to do next, with there being 'tumors' theres a possability that cancer treatment will be needed ( even though they are not cancerous tumors) but that is a small chance and hopefully it wont be needed.. untill then we dont know what if any things that can be done to help next time.

C.O.B thanks for the kind words regaurding my daughter, im thankfull we have her..i know there are plenty out there who are struggling to become pearents for the first time
Chin up mate
Old 23 September 2010, 04:53 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that mate. Good luck.
Old 23 September 2010, 07:25 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear your bad news.
Old 23 September 2010, 07:54 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear your news - I am sure it will work out.

Friends of ours were getting very concerned about getting pregnant and had a miscarriage and then could not get pregnant. After four years they gave up all the interventions and gave up the possibility of getting another baby.

The next month she was pregnant. Nature likes things to take its own course sometimes.

There is also a resource that seems to answer just about every question on this subject...

Molar Pregnancy
Old 23 September 2010, 08:22 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

thanks trout for the link, thats helpfull..

thanks again everyone for your support
Old 23 September 2010, 08:53 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

So, so sorry for you all.
You have a beautiful daughter, if memory serves me well, so I am sure you will have a brother or sister for her, real soon.
I know it's difficult, but try not to get too downhearted. Best wishes to you all
Old 23 September 2010, 09:17 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Sorry to hear your bad news mate.

As said above, chin up, be strong.
Old 23 September 2010, 12:26 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Sorry to heat your news.

As a woman she will at some point soon start to blame herself, reassure her that it was not her fault and it was just mother nature.
This baby was not meant to happen yet.

There is a very low risk of it happening again, and nothing to say that you can't be sucsessful next time.

Be there for her, give her plenty of hugs, and let her cry in your arms.

Time is a healer.

Last edited by Hysteria1983; 23 September 2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 23 September 2010, 01:04 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983
Sorry to heat your news.

As a woman she will at some point soon start to blame herself, reassure her that it was not her fault and it was just mother nature.
This baby was not meant to happen yet.

There is a very low risk of it happening again, and nothing to say that you can't be sucsessful next time.

Be there for her, give her plenty of hugs, and let her cry in your arms.

Time is a healer.
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Was there with my wife about 4 months ago. We have been trying for our first for nearly 18 months now. She got pregnant but mis-carried around week 6 so very early on. Problem was she had told everyone the news only one week earlier, so we had to repeat 'we have lost the baby' about 20 times. She took it very bad as her sister was pregnant with her 2nd child with a failed marriage behind her and a boyfriend that was 25 years older than her.

We have just found out that we are 8 weeks pregnant, so i'm on a knife edge at the moment.

I'm sure it will happen and as somebody already said, be thankful that you have 1 child, as there are many people out there who would give anything to be parents.
Old 23 September 2010, 01:21 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Sympathies mate, I always tried to think when the wife was pregnant if she did miscarry that it wasnt losing the baby, just the same one having another go at getting born, might sound a bit strange but it kind of helped me square it in my mind, kind of like a Pilot performing a "Go-around".