Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Alli weight loss tablets...

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2010, 01:27 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alli weight loss tablets...

Have any of you fat knackers tried these? If so, what were your thoughts, did they work for you or was it placebo?

I stepped on the scales around a month ago and to my surprise weighed 12st 10lbs, I am 5'10 so this gave me an overweight BMI score of 25.5. I had noticed jeans becoming a little tighter, face getting a little rounder but I honestly thought I was still hovering around my usual 12st.

I wasn't eating good, would often miss breakfast, then lunch and get home in the evening and be starving so pig out on anything and everything. I dont have the time for the gym, long work days and then looking after the baby at the weekends, it's just a no go.

Anyway, I looked at the Alli tablets after spotting an advertisment in the paper, researched it for an hour or so on google and popped along to boots thinking I would be able to get some. She took 1 look at me and said, you've no chance, you need to have a BMI of at least 28 to purchase these. I went home, lied online and a months supply was delivered a couple of days later.

I read through the leaflets and got down to 3 meals a day as directed. No more than 1600c throughout the day and no more than 16g of fat in any one meal. I decided not to weigh myself until the 4 week point as I know weight fluctuates by upto 5lbs or so in a day and I wanted to see the bigger picture.

Bowl of rice crispies in the morning, 175c/2.5g fat. Easy, didn't need to take 1 of these tablets.
Spicy chicken pasta and fruit for lunch, 460c/14g fat. Tablet taken
Chicken, fish, steak, even a chicken tikka massala in there for tea and again no more than around 550c/15g fat altogether. Another tablet taken.

Plenty of water, about 1litre a day and overall averaging around 1200c, 25g fat per day. I have never felt the need to snack, seem to have a lot more energy and Im just not feeling hungry anymore.

Wed 11th Aug = 12st 10lbs (25.5)
Wed 8th Sept = 11st 11lbs. (23.7)

I have lost 13lbs in 28days by doing absolutely nothing, no exercise, no starvation dieting, just eating within the guidelines given.

As an incentive to stay within the 15-16g fat per meal, there are some nasty side effects with these tablets should you stray beyond this, namely a very runny bum and uncontrollable wet farts when you least expect them Luckily for me, I have stuck rigidly to the 15g limit so has been fine although you can certainly see the fat when you go to the toilet.

I'm not sure how much these tablets have helped or if its just the placebo effect due to me altering my diet to fairly low fat but I think with the incentive not to sh*t yourself should you stray beyond the guidelines, it's certainly given me the will power to keep up the healthy eating.

Has anyone else used these?

Last edited by Mitchy260; 08 September 2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08 September 2010, 01:51 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Wouldn't you have lost weight anyway with 1200 calories a day, surely?
Old 08 September 2010, 01:57 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Not used anything diet-wise. I have to admit since turning 30 (33 now) I've put on a bit weight. I kid you not, but the first time I really noticed was while watching my "performance" on the TV

My problem is that although my job isn't physical I get very hungry every couple of hours and feel faint/dizzy if I don't eat - I keep a supply of Snickers nearby because I need to sugar.

Anyway - keep us informed of your progress please. GF and I might look into this ourselves. Personally I'm considering taking up Golf - not too demanding on the old Cardio but enough to make me feel as though some effort has been made.
Old 08 September 2010, 01:57 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Do you eat 3 meals a day?Mitchy?
Old 08 September 2010, 02:06 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

the tablets are probably a "zenical" clone of some sort. they inhibit the guts ability to absorb fat hence the runny bum and smelly greasy stools. if you have a strong heart and your blood pressure is ok you might want to try ephadrine. body builders use it a few weeks before a show to cut down the fat on their bodies. £65 for 1000 tablets online.

see HERE

Last edited by bigsinky; 08 September 2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08 September 2010, 02:18 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamie
Do you eat 3 meals a day?Mitchy?
Yes, i do now. Before, I would skip breakfast and most of the time lunch aswell, and then when I got home from work, go bananas and eat anything and everything.

Clare... Yes definitely, not sure if I would have lost 13lbs however. Alli claim for every 2lbs you lose, you lose an additional 1lb with these fat pills, so if true, without these pills, I still would have lost 8lbs, I dont know if it is just placebo effect or not but I dont care as they gave me the will power to eat healthily in fear of unwanted accidents so that alone gets a from me.

Last edited by Mitchy260; 08 September 2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08 September 2010, 02:25 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Not used anything diet-wise. I have to admit since turning 30 (33 now) I've put on a bit weight. I kid you not, but the first time I really noticed was while watching my "performance" on the TV

My problem is that although my job isn't physical I get very hungry every couple of hours and feel faint/dizzy if I don't eat - I keep a supply of Snickers nearby because I need to sugar.

Anyway - keep us informed of your progress please. GF and I might look into this ourselves. Personally I'm considering taking up Golf - not too demanding on the old Cardio but enough to make me feel as though some effort has been made.
I'd recommend them anyway. Had I put a little effort in there with exercise too, I'm sure I would have lost quite a bit more.

Cheapest I have found, months supply...

http://www.pharmacyfirst.co.uk/medic...prod_1203.html

If you do not have a BMI of 28+ however, you will not be able to purchase from any pharmacy store in person hence fibbing on the internet
Old 08 September 2010, 02:25 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I have just lost about 6lbs by calorie counting and cycling. Trying to stick to 1600 a day, plus exercise 3 times a week. My food intake was the biggest thing I needed to change because even though I did not eat badly, I was taking in too many calories to lose weight. Once I get down to my target, I can eat 2100 calories a day again and maintain it hopefully. I am not using any pills, but have an obsessive husband to kick me into shape!
Old 08 September 2010, 02:34 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Diets, pah !
Fat people
Old 08 September 2010, 02:37 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
I have just lost about 6lbs by calorie counting and cycling. Trying to stick to 1600 a day, plus exercise 3 times a week. My food intake was the biggest thing I needed to change because even though I did not eat badly, I was taking in too many calories to lose weight. Once I get down to my target, I can eat 2100 calories a day again and maintain it hopefully. I am not using any pills, but have an obsessive husband to kick me into shape!
If you were popping these tablets, I think you would probably be another 3-4lbs lighter. Honestly, the willpower you have knowing that if you slip up, you're in for a nasty susrprise works wonders I've heard stories of people farting uncontrollably in work meetings and then going to the toilet to find their pants and trousers oil stained, I mean just what do you do in that scenario

Ive just ordered another months supply and then that's it for me. Will try and get down to 11st by early october and then maintain my weight by upping the calories.

Last edited by Mitchy260; 08 September 2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08 September 2010, 02:42 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mitchy260
If you were popping these tablets, I think you would probably be another 3-4lbs lighter. Honestly, the willpower you have knowing that if you slip up, you're in for a nasty susrprise works wonders
But what happens when you stop taking them?
Old 08 September 2010, 03:01 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Silly question but i need to shift some weight, been trying the gym from time to time but never manage to move my **** to get there. Anyway my diet is very good & usually consists of a lot of chicken & rice, bananas & bran flakes. My falldown is however i LOVE lager.
So would i need to stop drinking in order to take these tablets ?
Old 08 September 2010, 03:14 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
But what happens when you stop taking them?
Good question, I'll probably still watch the fat and calorie intake though.

As to lager, I can't see you having a runny bum time with that although I dont know the fat content, if you are likely to take in more than 15-16g in 1 sitting then I would say the pub on a friday night is not the best place to be for a wet fart

Last edited by Mitchy260; 08 September 2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08 September 2010, 03:17 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

You think your rice crispies only have 175 cals?

You'll probably find this is for a 30gm serving.....I bet you eat double that!

On the diet you were on you'd have lost about 8lb anyway.
Old 08 September 2010, 03:18 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Lager, Stella Artois
Calories in 100ml of lager:

Calories 40.3kcal
Carbohydrate 2.9g
Protein 0.3g
Fat 0.0g
Fibre 0.0g
Alcohol 1.5g

Calories in a can (550ml) of lager: 221

Seems i could be ok
Old 08 September 2010, 03:20 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Found this on google ....

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...-how-many.html
Old 08 September 2010, 03:28 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davyboy
You think your rice crispies only have 175 cals?

You'll probably find this is for a 30gm serving.....I bet you eat double that!

On the diet you were on you'd have lost about 8lb anyway.
Yes, I have been strict and weigh everything. 30g in a bowl, 125ml S-S milk = 174c/2.5g

I think for me, Im not sure without the tablets I would have had the will power not to have a nibble at the cake in the fridge or that friday night takeaway. The only reason I have remained strict is due to the side effects of these tablets. You are right though, I think i probably would have lost 2/3 of the weight anyway without the tablets.

I dont plan using them for much longer, another month or so and then hopefully i'll be strict enough not to dive into the high fatty foods again, or well restrict it to sat/sun anyway.
Old 08 September 2010, 03:28 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky
the tablets are probably a "zenical" clone of some sort. they inhibit the guts ability to absorb fat hence the runny bum and smelly greasy stools. if you have a strong heart and your blood pressure is ok you might want to try ephadrine. body builders use it a few weeks before a show to cut down the fat on their bodies. £65 for 1000 tablets online.

see HERE
Whenever i've tried ephadrine they come in a stack with caffeine and I can't sleep at night.

I had some "T5's" which are supposed to be ephadrine based but they make you rush like mad and make me feel depressed and moody after 5pm. Bloody horrible things but they do work if you can put up with the side effects.

I've been trying to find something to supress my appetite but without the stimulant effect but to no avail so far
Old 08 September 2010, 03:31 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
Lager, Stella Artois
Calories in 100ml of lager:

Calories 40.3kcal
Carbohydrate 2.9g
Protein 0.3g
Fat 0.0g
Fibre 0.0g
Alcohol 1.5g

Calories in a can (550ml) of lager: 221

Seems i could be ok
6 pints of stella 1350 calories and you are already at nearly your daily recommended calorie intake on this diet though so although you probably wouldn't suffer with the side effects, Im not sure you will lose much weight if you are still taking in too many calories.
Old 08 September 2010, 03:39 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Mitchy260
6 pints of stella 1350 calories and you are already at nearly your daily recommended calorie intake on this diet though so although you probably wouldn't suffer with the side effects, Im not sure you will lose much weight if you are still taking in too many calories.
I wouldnt / dont drink every night . I've cut down though from say 5 times a week to 3 & going to push myself to twice.
Old 08 September 2010, 03:53 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Do you know whether those tablets are absolutely safe. I have heard all sorts of worrying stories about slimming pills in the past, and a lady I knew died of a heart attack at a young age and that was put down to using slimming pills.

I would be a bit suspicious of them.

Les
Old 08 September 2010, 04:03 PM
Korrosiv
Scooby Regular

Forget the pills muscle burns fat while you are sitting doing nothing and even sleeping! Muscle mass and calorie restriction are the best and pretty much only gauranteed solutions to weight loss.

Don't pay for the gym, who the hell wants to run looking in a mirror, get out and do something that makes your blood pump! Biking is good but make sure you do a bit of off-road to get that adrenaline hit. I personally snowboard, climb and bike because none of them FEEL like excercise.

Since starting climbing about 6 months ago I have lost upwards of three stone and feel so much stronger, fitter and energetic. Climbing has really got me hooked its exciting and a personal challenge.

I know no-body wants to hear 'excercise and eat less' as a solution but it's the only one i have found.

Bottom line IMO is - get addicted to an adrenaline sport.
Old 08 September 2010, 04:06 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

FDA approved (US)

Available to buy in UK's largest pharmacy (Boots) so would have thought UK approved too.

Everything is so strict nowadays, I wouldn't have thought there were any risks bar the stated side effects.
Old 08 September 2010, 04:20 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
Silly question but i need to shift some weight, been trying the gym from time to time but never manage to move my **** to get there. Anyway my diet is very good & usually consists of a lot of chicken & rice, bananas & bran flakes. My falldown is however i LOVE lager.
So would i need to stop drinking in order to take these tablets ?
Just give up food and drink more lager, cider, vodka, etc. instead Most alchys I've seen are quite skinny. Best take up smoking too if you don't already, at least twenty Lambert and Butler per day
Old 08 September 2010, 04:55 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I got given these from the doctors a while back. Trust me waste of time and you'll also ****' yourself
Old 08 September 2010, 05:25 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

My doctor told me to eat less, and he was right.

Les
Old 08 September 2010, 06:22 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by antc
I got given these from the doctors a while back. Trust me waste of time and you'll also ****' yourself
If you had followed the instructions, you wouldn't have sh*t yourself The only negative reports I read about these are from people that did not follow the plan, i.e. those that sh*t themselves

As to the weight loss, it's taking 30% of the fat out of your normal food intake and flushing it straight down the loo. Unless you are stuffing thousands of calories down your neck daily then it would be virtually impossible not to lose any weight on a calorie controlled diet.
Old 08 September 2010, 06:30 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I followed the instructions fine
Old 08 September 2010, 06:41 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Calories in = > than calories out = John Prescot

Calories in = < than calories out = Posh Spice

Old 08 September 2010, 06:41 PM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

I took zenical about 7-8 years ago..

I also followed a high fibre low calorie/fat diet..

I lost 5st in 9 months.The weight absolutely fell off me.

Downside,yes you have to really watch out when you try and sneak a fart out. And the toilet looks like an explosion in a jaffa cake factory..

But yes......They work!!

Think im gonna go back on them soon as i have put the weight back on...I just have the fat gene...

Quick Reply: Alli weight loss tablets...