Why do any of us bother w*rking ?

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2010, 07:12 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Why do any of us bother w*rking ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ashed-one.html

FFS, they even have breakfast delivered on top of £95k (which you would have to earn £180k before tax to get SOURCE ) and are so disrespectful that they have trashed a series of homes they are provided with for free

Is there anyone we can vote into power who will put an end to this sort of ridiculous situation
Old 05 September 2010, 07:20 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

This type of thing makes my blood boil
A friend of mine, her husband was made redundant almost 6 months ago. All they get is £65?? a week, job seekers. He is trying to set up his own business, a food shop. There has been asbestos found in the building and the council are dragging their heals about it. He has about 2 weeks left on job seekers then nowt. If they can get the shop up and running, they may make it.
They are almost bankrupt and if it wasn't for their parents, they would have lost everything by now.
How the hell do these scroungers get so much and my friend can't get a thing. They have two kids at college and she works part time.
Old 05 September 2010, 07:27 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
This type of thing makes my blood boil
A friend of mine, her husband was made redundant almost 6 months ago. All they get is £65?? a week, job seekers. He is trying to set up his own business, a food shop. There has been asbestos found in the building and the council are dragging their heals about it. He has about 2 weeks left on job seekers then nowt. If they can get the shop up and running, they may make it.
They are almost bankrupt and if it wasn't for their parents, they would have lost everything by now.
How the hell do these scroungers get so much and my friend can't get a thing. They have two kids at college and she works part time.

Work all your life,you get nothing.Scrounge and you will get everything.It's a sad state of play.
Old 05 September 2010, 07:27 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

On the couple of occasions I have found myself in need I have had the same experiences, which is why I now have two jobs to protect me from having to rely on the farcical benefits system. I'm sure if I studied long and hard I could work out how to play it like these scum, but I have higher morals I'm afraid.
Old 05 September 2010, 07:30 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Who could we vote in to make a difference ? Then again, I fear these scum outnumber us and if they could be bothered they would out-vote us decent folk They would probably have Cameron personally visit their squalid homes to save them having to go out and vote themselves, and get an extra £10k a year for doing so.
Old 05 September 2010, 07:37 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

I try to avoid reading stuff like this as it does make my ******* blood boil. I tell you what, if I had the guarantee I'd never be caught, I'd shoot the feckin parents...........honestly, I would. Pi$$es me off sooooooooooo much.

dnc

PS - dnc for PM anybody?
Old 05 September 2010, 07:38 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

It long been established on SN that if anyone on here is to be PM it is me
Old 05 September 2010, 07:42 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My sister is one of these scum suckers you speak about as it my mother. Euthanize the lot of them.

I hate working but I do it because I like having things! At the moment with the amount i'm getting paid, i can't really buy things so would just as well be on the dole, so I might just do it and get a bigger nicer house
Old 05 September 2010, 07:44 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

They dont look that skanky in that photo but the benefits system should never have let it get this far, they are in the wrong for being lazy, indolent scroungers and the soft touch system is also to blame.
Old 05 September 2010, 07:46 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

No wonder they (& others like em) just carry on regardless, there are no consequences to their actions ... trash a house = get a new one ... have another sprog = more handouts

TX.
Old 05 September 2010, 07:47 PM
Faye
Scooby Regular

The sad thing is the kids will grow up exactly the same and then they'll have too many children of their own and never work a day in their lives. While ever the government is handing money out on a plate then people will take it. I deal with people like this every day and its one of those things you have to try and not think about too much to save your own sanity.
Old 05 September 2010, 07:50 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Why the f**k do they have breakfast delivered? Is she (or he) to lazy to make the kids breakfast or are they just too busy breeding?
Old 05 September 2010, 07:52 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Problem is, its all very well the Daily Fail highlighting these minority cases - and they are minority in the sense of a dozen children and £100K cost to us.

However, I guarantee that if laws were brought in to restrict the money going to these people the Daily Fail would run an article relating to the "plight" of families living in poverty due to the new laws.

The government can't win. On the one hand we hate these people for clearly taking the pi55 out of the system yet we aren't prepared to stomach children living in poverty. We would end with our very own shanty towns.
Old 05 September 2010, 07:53 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Old 05 September 2010, 07:54 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

It makes you sick, i am not sure if this sh8t state that NL has helped create can be put right but i hope it can and soon.

how can these scumbags be entitled to such and how can they have another property handed to them because they trashed the last place - they should have been out on their ears and half their benefits taken to pay for repairs.

Disgusting state of affairs
Old 05 September 2010, 07:58 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a degree, am working towards my masters, have been with the same company for 18 years working my way up and put my life on the line for people like that, yet I get half what they do.

This country is just so fcuked up which is why I intend to leave in the next few years.

I was discussing only yesterday what the world might be like if the Germans had one the war and it is things like this that make me wonder
Old 05 September 2010, 07:59 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ashed-one.html

FFS, they even have breakfast delivered on top of £95k (which you would have to earn £180k before tax to get SOURCE ) and are so disrespectful that they have trashed a series of homes they are provided with for free

Is there anyone we can vote into power who will put an end to this sort of ridiculous situation
I work and so does my pregnant wife to be because we have dignity and pride. We don't have much and the house needs some work doing to it but we will never be like this scum.

Dunno how much of the Daily Mail you can take of gospel but I bet the figures aren't far wrong.

They make me ashamed to be British
Old 05 September 2010, 08:04 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I manage to provide plentiful fresh, quality food for my 2yo, the missus and me. This weeks food bill was £20 at the butchers and another £40 at the supermarket. With that we eat fresh meat and veg every day in proper home cooked meals. As you add more people the cost/person comes down, so when our 2nd child comes along I don't expect the bill to rise by 33%. How do they justify requiring £95k for 12 people when I manage to feed 3 on £3120, ergo £12.5k should be adequate not even compensating for the reduced cost/person pro-rata. The £95k doesn't even include rent !

Poverty my **** ! WE are living in poverty compared to them. If push came to shove I bet I could feed the lot of them for less than £100 a week, so can anyone justify their income ?

Last edited by corradoboy; 05 September 2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05 September 2010, 08:16 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Simple solution.
Old 05 September 2010, 08:16 PM
tyler120706
Scooby Regular

Default im not suprised

It never seems to amaze the bear faced cheek of some people ! saying he has to rob peter to pay paul he is robbing every hard working family in the country.

Me and my wife both work full time working around our 4 yo son never see each other (some might call that heaven) just to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table,

I claimed benifits once after a car crash i lost my job through the accident and was bed ridden for months and the wife was heavily pregrent 5 months later i recieved a letter saying i was over paid and had to pay it ALL back still and paying it back now

whilst my next door nieghbour is right now sat on a beach in turkey for the second time this year not worked in 3 years ave know her but she has plenty of time during in that to knock another couple of kids out with her bum of a boyfriend. BABY MAKING MACHINE.

60 HRS a week + trying to be a good provider = getting screwed by the government

this country is a F ing joke
Old 05 September 2010, 08:19 PM
colapepsi
Scooby Regular

To be fair, they do need a bigger house
Old 05 September 2010, 08:33 PM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

only one wii between them, that what the child benefits are for, bet they've got sky plus too, all the basics...........
Old 05 September 2010, 08:52 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

My missus has 8 sisters and 2 brothers but her father had worked all his life to support the family. If he could do it I don't see how these people and others can't. My missus has nothing but contempt for people like this as she keeps telling me how good her father did
Old 05 September 2010, 08:55 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

I think that no-one on benefits should get a penny more than someone who is on the minimum wage.

Chip
Old 05 September 2010, 09:08 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
I think that no-one on benefits should get a penny more than someone who is on the minimum wage.
Agree NMW + a small amount per child, enough to cover basic food and clothing provision, and basic associated living expenses. I would love to see a break-down of how they accrue £95k, along with all the related application forms and a guide on how to lie to ensure all the criteria are met, please.
Old 05 September 2010, 09:11 PM
Fleetwood
Scooby Regular

The problem in these extreme cases is the number of children (obviously!). The benefits system is weighted to the average situation and as someone pointed out, it isn't alot of money (£65 a week?).

By having 10 children this family is 3 times the size of the average. If they were an average family collecting disability and carers allowance on top the normal benefits then according to this they would get £15K plus rent which is alot considering it is tax free but not headline grabbing.

We give people the freedom to have whatever size of family they want and the welfare system will support them if they cannot work. We rely on the fact that most (sane) people just would not want the hassle of 10 or 12 kids and would want to work if given the opportunity. So on the whole the system works.

For someone to have 10 children when they do not have the means to support or house them (and it must not be a holiday with 10 kids in a 4 bedroom house) there must be something mentally wrong with them, maybe they have extremely low self esteem and getting pregnant and having children they feel a sense of worth.

Anyhow, unfortunately we have to support them. The children didn't choose to be born to such irresponsible people and this type of occurence seems to be fairly rare.

However, I would support making the father or mother work for a living even if it cost more in benefits and child care as the example set to the children and the improved self esteem of the parent would be worth it.

Also, the daily mail thrives on these extreme 'outrage' cases which make us all feel better than somebody else. They have probably profited from this more than anyone.
Old 05 September 2010, 09:16 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

There is some worth in what you say. I think it would be better, even if it cost more, if the father was forced to sweep the streets for 40 hours a week to EARN their benefits, and the disabled ( ) wife was provided with some care assistance in his absence. The figure they receive MUST be reviewed however
Old 05 September 2010, 09:37 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You simply shouldnt be put up by the state if you intend to breed at its expense

- Its the fault of caring/sharing labour who have allowed want to turn into 'cant do without'
Old 05 September 2010, 09:38 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

I don't know why they have not made all the dolites at least do some meanial task to earn their money.
Old 05 September 2010, 09:40 PM
P1 Daveyboy
Scooby Regular

FFS i work i have back problems as well the nhs give me 6 treatments then took of the list. Still with back problem and still work. Fcking scum cut his d""k of and stitch her up. Also i make my breakfast and dont trash my home either. Big UK in defecit but to scum nothing changes they still get it all. That money could be better used for our NHS service or Service people who need rehab

Quick Reply: Why do any of us bother w*rking ?