Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Do I report a copper?

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2010, 06:41 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Do I report a copper?

On the way home last night I was behind a police car that was in turn behind a learner .. the cop was about 3 inches from the learners bumper he kept having to brake as to not hit him.

As I went to passed the cop as he was turning right he was unable to keep his car in the lane and I had to slam on.. he then continued right up behind the poor learner ..

I got the details of the cop car and the learner, should I report the cop for being a tool ?
Old 23 July 2010, 06:54 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

no point, nothing will happen. that bloke that died just after being beaten with a baton is proof of this...
Old 23 July 2010, 07:01 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Would he report you? Is the question you should ask yourself.
Old 23 July 2010, 07:18 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get any details of the car the learner was in? If you had a driving instructors statement as well as you own, it may have a little more weight behind it. Just you with no other witnesses? James summed it up quite well, the CPS are a bigger joke than the Raving Monster Looney party. They are a disgrace
Old 23 July 2010, 07:52 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

What possible reason could the copper have for driving on anyone's bumper like that-particularly a learner. He could be done for that.

Les
Old 23 July 2010, 09:49 AM
stuart2008sti
Scooby Regular

Police used to do the same to me all the time,so used to pull over and then drive up close to them to see how they liked it.Got pulled over by them a few times for it but made the point of you did this first why,to which had no answer and let you on your way.
Old 23 July 2010, 10:03 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stuart2008sti
Police used to do the same to me all the time,so used to pull over and then drive up close to them to see how they liked it.Got pulled over by them a few times for it but made the point of you did this first why,to which had no answer and let you on your way.
You must have huge *****.
Old 23 July 2010, 10:07 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Along the lines of COB's post, ring the driving school and see if the instructor is considering or has made a complaint, you could back him up along with the learner. Might make him think next time
Old 23 July 2010, 11:19 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
What possible reason could the copper have for driving on anyone's bumper like that-particularly a learner. He could be done for that.

Les
Agreed. These are the same coppers that are seen on Traffic Cops/Road Wars/Police Interceptors ripping into new drivers for driving in an erratic manner. If they look out of their rear view mirror and see a copper stapled to their boot, what will they learn from that?

Last edited by Myles; 23 July 2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 23 July 2010, 11:53 AM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

The problem is, if you report him and he or a traffic colleague/mate, manages to `obtain` your details, you could be in for a rough time......i.e. constantly getting pulled. A similar thing happened to someone I know and he was constantly harassed for months. As said above, probably not worth it unfortunately!!
Old 23 July 2010, 12:21 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Everyone is accountable and its important to report the bad ones so the good ones can work on gaining public trust.
All police cars have an IDR system or similar, this will allow them to download who was driving and the exact movements of the car.
If you think it was breaking and changing lanes in an unsafe fashion then report it and it will HAVE to be investigated.

By not reporting it good police officers (and despite what you hear on pistonheads) which make up the majority of the police service are tired with the same brush, thus making their job harder, thus making the service the public get worse.

Put in a call, it will take 5 minutes and you wont need to give you vehicle details.
Old 23 July 2010, 12:25 PM
New_scooby_04

As above!
Old 23 July 2010, 12:48 PM
Westwood2006
Scooby Regular

There are some right idiots driving unmarked police cars round Hampshire.

I have been thinking about getting one of these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZbQ_...eature=related and send in some anonymous footage.
Old 23 July 2010, 12:57 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had Police right on my bumper before, unmarked cars generally .... trying to entice you into a race!

I had a switch wired in parrallel to the brake switch, a quick switch ON and they fill their pants as the view they see is a car braking (when, in fact you are not) - seeing the faces of tailgaters is priceless .... especially if it's shaped like a pig
Old 23 July 2010, 03:12 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
I've had Police right on my bumper before, unmarked cars generally .... trying to entice you into a race!

I had a switch wired in parrallel to the brake switch, a quick switch ON and they fill their pants as the view they see is a car braking (when, in fact you are not) - seeing the faces of tailgaters is priceless .... especially if it's shaped like a pig

Quality!!
Old 23 July 2010, 04:06 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I had a copper follow me late one night after sea trout fishing. I suspected it was a copper so I stuck rigidly to the speed limits but did not slow down for the corners. I had an M3 Evo so it was pretty good on the bends. He was having a hard time trying to keep up and eventually bonged me. He was ok though and just said they wanted to see if I had been drinking, they had a laugh when I said I had been fishing and had not caught anything! They said all ok then so I said he was pedalling his car round the corners pretty well and he winked and drove off. When you meet coppers with a sense of humour you don't mind very much being stopped.

Les
Old 23 July 2010, 05:56 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I would say report him - you have nothing to loose. And your name doesn't get disclosed and most other officers won't be bothered either way it goes
Old 23 July 2010, 06:44 PM
danny c
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=pslewis;9510185]I've had Police right on my bumper before, unmarked cars generally .... trying to entice you into a race!

iv had this before to! on way to rally gb at 3.00 in the morning going up the
m5 in the pi##ing rain! was cruising at 70 as weather was quite bad,then this x5 bmw comes off a slip road and is right on my ***,he just followed me,all i could see was his lights,then he would drop back a bit,then almost push me,kept doing this for a good 3 miles then a 306 went past like we were stood still (in the pi##ing rain) and he pulled out into middle land,put blues and twos on and raced after 306 and pulled him furtehr down road!

thought what a **** head,what was the need for that and in that kinda weather to!mate said i should of just ancord on and let him go up my ***!
Old 23 July 2010, 06:56 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Best way to throw them i find, is when you get pulled knowing full well what you have done is to be totally honest and blunt, look on their face is priceless when you actually tell them the truth instead of trying to dodge the issue.

Guy was totally cool, said don't do it again and let me on my way, see they can be decent.
Old 23 July 2010, 07:50 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

yep -- always report ****/rude policing -- it is your civic duty
Old 23 July 2010, 11:16 PM
JonnyFresh
Scooby Regular

I've reported police before. i once took a photo of one parked in a bay painted up saying NO PARKING. They were shopping, but the letters I got back said they were dealing with an emergency.
Old 23 July 2010, 11:50 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Did you get any details of the car the learner was in? If you had a driving instructors statement as well as you own, it may have a little more weight behind it. Just you with no other witnesses? James summed it up quite well, the CPS are a bigger joke than the Raving Monster Looney party. They are a disgrace
Me and a friend, he record the details for me.

Originally Posted by ScoobySteve69
The problem is, if you report him and he or a traffic colleague/mate, manages to `obtain` your details, you could be in for a rough time......i.e. constantly getting pulled. A similar thing happened to someone I know and he was constantly harassed for months. As said above, probably not worth it unfortunately!!
Thats what I'm worried about ..
Old 24 July 2010, 12:12 AM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

report him anyway, anon, poionting out he was goading, but in this case dangerously. i had a copper yesterday in front of me, in the rain , in the fast lane doing 75. got behind him, kept my distance, then all of a sudden he floored it (5 series, green, old shape as well.), he must of hit 95- 100, i left him to it , not realising he was plod, and just another muppet. when this *u*t realised i never took the bait he nearly went up the **** end of a commercial van, and continued to pull him. it was only then i realsied what had actually been attempted on me. this has happened to me before, but from behind with a previous car ( fiesta st, modded, 190 bhp), luckily though got off as another serious call came through and they were not traffic. so my conclusion is they must be on other work but "getting bored". entrapment IMO !!!
Old 24 July 2010, 12:21 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
On the way home last night I was behind a police car that was in turn behind a learner .. the cop was about 3 inches from the learners bumper he kept having to brake as to not hit him.

As I went to passed the cop as he was turning right he was unable to keep his car in the lane and I had to slam on.. he then continued right up behind the poor learner ..

I got the details of the cop car and the learner, should I report the cop for being a tool ?
Yes, report.

That was obviously an idiot police office that needs to be brought to book. He/she will think they are bullet-proof and fairness says the damaged car owner isn't at fault.

They're at fault anyway in the eyes of the insurance - stopping distances dictate it..
Old 24 July 2010, 12:33 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4mou
no point, nothing will happen. that bloke that died just after being beaten with a baton is proof of this...
The CPS are the biggest mystery to police there is. They are viewed with more contempt by the police than they are by the general public.

They are a brick wall on many occasions and make it impossible to operate effectively.

Most police officers were needled by their decision, but not surprised, owing to their general poor performance when we use them.

Most of them are very good, but some of them are terrible. The terrible ones are those that taint them - pretty much like the police, builders, plumbers, estate agents, etc.
Old 24 July 2010, 12:41 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
Yes, report.

That was obviously an idiot police office that needs to be brought to book. He/she will think they are bullet-proof and fairness says the damaged car owner isn't at fault.

They're at fault anyway in the eyes of the insurance - stopping distances dictate it..
There was no accident though, just tailgating and a near miss.

I'd still be tempted to report it as it's unlikely the police officer concerned would have a clue who you are (wouldn't have noticed you specifically), just do it from a number that is not your home one if you are that concerned.

Whether anything comes of it for the officer is anyones guess, but at least you have done your bit.

I personally feel most police officers are decent, from my experience, but it is the bad ones as usual that give the majority a bad name. Maybe if more people reported the bad apples, the higher powers could weed them out and get rid. Maybe getting rid of those sorts could bring back a bit of respect and faith in the police.

Maybe it's just me but I feel sorry for the majority of police as I think they are tring to do right, it's the bad ones that need to be booted out. Like every profession, there are arseholes about.
Old 24 July 2010, 12:44 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
There was no accident though, just tailgating and a near miss.

I'd still be tempted to report it as it's unlikely the police officer concerned would have a clue who you are (wouldn't have noticed you specifically), just do it from a number that is not your home one if you are that concerned.

Whether anything comes of it for the officer is anyones guess, but at least you have done your bit.

I personally feel most police officers are decent, from my experience, but it is the bad ones as usual that give the majority a bad name. Maybe if more people reported the bad apples, the higher powers could weed them out and get rid. Maybe getting rid of those sorts could bring back a bit of respect and faith in the police.

Maybe it's just me but I feel sorry for the majority of police as I think they are tring to do right, it's the bad ones that need to be booted out. Like every profession, there are arseholes about.
Misread.....

Report, anyway. That type of practice is foolish and not what should happen.
Old 24 July 2010, 12:53 AM
Lisawrx

Misread.....

Report, anyway. That type of practice is foolish and not what should happen.
Totally agree.
Old 24 July 2010, 03:11 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Report him. Don't worry about him 'picking' on you. If your car is legal, there is nothing for him to pick on. I had a run in with a cop driving on the outside lane of a 3 lane motorwaydriving at 50. I was on the inside lane, no other cars for a mile or two in front or behind. I stayed in the inside lane and went past him about 70. He blue lighted me and reported me for undertaking on a motorway. After a heated debate on the hard shoulder, we went to magistrates and I pointed out that I was just driving on the inside lane, I didn't change lanes for about 10 miles and that there was no other traffic, so I could only assume that he was on the outside lane hoping to turn right at some point. The magistrate laughed, let me off and told me not to take the p1ss. The daft feker followed me around everywhere. After a month he got me doing 41 in a 40, and issued a fixed penalty, which I refused. Went back to court and the magistrate laughed again and let me off. When the plod pulled me two weeks later for 'accelerating furiously' we got a different magistrate with the same result. The policeman who was in the car with the gimp who didn't like me advised me to make a complaint about ongoing harrasment. I was a bit reluctant, but he assured me that there would be no fallout. So I made the complaint, yer man got put back on clearing up drunk duties and I got no more hassle. The thing I learned from that was that the majority of policemen want to do the right thing, while there will be one or two ar5eholes with a chip on their shoulder. The decent policemen won't support the ar5e5
Old 24 July 2010, 09:01 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The CPS are the biggest mystery to police there is. They are viewed with more contempt by the police than they are by the general public.

They are a brick wall on many occasions and make it impossible to operate effectively.

Most police officers were needled by their decision, but not surprised, owing to their general poor performance when we use them.

Most of them are very good, but some of them are terrible. The terrible ones are those that taint them - pretty much like the police, builders, plumbers, estate agents, etc.
Did you mean the Criminals Protection Society?

Les

Quick Reply: Do I report a copper?