Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

T MOBILE...SUCKS !!!! can they charge me to ask for a pac code on a rolling contract

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2010, 04:51 PM
rhybeck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T MOBILE...SUCKS !!!! can they charge me to ask for a pac code on a rolling contract

T MOBILE...SUCKS !!!! can they charge me to ask for a pac code on a rolling contract ??

with or without 30 days notice they say i will be charged a month for canceling
Old 17 July 2010, 05:09 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

They didn't do they to me They instead sent me 15 quid back for not using all the quota over 7 years of staying with them. I quit them 2 years ago. I am much obliged.
Old 17 July 2010, 06:37 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

You need to give 30 days notice to cancel your contract. So phone them back, put them on notice (preferably, write to them to formally end the contract) then in 3 weeks time apply for your PAC code, this way you will not be charged.

They are not allowed to charge you for requesting a PAC code, if they do try this, report them to Ofcom
Old 17 July 2010, 08:36 PM
rhybeck
Scooby Regular

tryed that after being told that i was going to be charged i said 1st time id heard of this i withdraw my request and i give 30 days to quit... they said im charged either way.....

totally reporting them to Ofcom
Old 17 July 2010, 08:49 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

If you do report them to Ofcom, you can rejoice in the fact that Vodafone will have to pay several hundred pounds for that privilege. It's not a quick process though.

Email them and complain, mention you have recorded certain conversations with call centre staff and that you are contemplating filing a report to Ofcom for illegal practices, should get things moving for you.
Old 17 July 2010, 10:05 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Slightly different situation but I recently cancelled my Orange broadband contract. I was out of contract by a few months, so not contractual obligations, however when I gave my notice I was informed there is a £25 disconnection fee! WTF

Telecoms companies are really starting to take the biscuit.
Old 17 July 2010, 10:29 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Slightly different situation but I recently cancelled my Orange broadband contract. I was out of contract by a few months, so not contractual obligations, however when I gave my notice I was informed there is a £25 disconnection fee! WTF

Telecoms companies are really starting to take the biscuit.
It is quite different. You still have an obligation as per your original contract in that it will need a 28 days to end that obligation.

If you have requested a MAC code, then transfer is free to another provider.

If you totally want to disconnect, then Orange is passing on the fee given by BT, not really up to date on that avoidance, will look into it on Monday for you, unless someone else gives a conclusive answer.

Trending Topics

Old 17 July 2010, 11:53 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dedrater
It is quite different. You still have an obligation as per your original contract in that it will need a 28 days to end that obligation.

If you have requested a MAC code, then transfer is free to another provider.

If you totally want to disconnect, then Orange is passing on the fee given by BT, not really up to date on that avoidance, will look into it on Monday for you, unless someone else gives a conclusive answer.
Lol I did say it was different.

You are indeed right though, as I was not requesting a Mac I have to foot the £25 for that choice. It's there in black and white in the t and c's just not something I was expecting.

I did give the required notice, so thought that would cover me, but regardless of notice, in or out of contract the fee applies. Over with now, and I know for next time. Weird thing is Sky didn't ask for a penny to disconnect.
Old 18 July 2010, 12:14 AM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Well, it sounds harsh to me and when that is the case, from a consumer point of view, Limitations will come in to effect, but I can't give a definite answer.

I can say that not every contract is binding, in your case, if the contact is not based on existing statutory law, then it can be contested, to the point that you can claim any monies paid untruthfully + interest.

I know OpenReach? physically do some thing, I can not see how it is fair on the consumer.