Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

So who would like to hear about my Thursday night?

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2010, 01:13 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So who would like to hear about my Thursday night?

Went out on Thursday, few mates home from uni and it was my last day of uni too so we all ventured out into the town of Brighton, as per usual.

Went to a few bars, having a good night, then somebody suggested going to oceana (sigh) as it was only a pound a drink.
long story short, there i was chatting to my mate when some bloke came running up to me, cracked me straight in the jaw then kicked me in the face while i was down.

I now have a broken cheek bone and a fractured jaw. Have not eaten since Thursday and can barely drink water. It is nearly impossible to take the drugs I've been prescribed.

I have found out since that some bloke i don't get on with (hes a little wimp who, without trying to brag and I'm not hard or anything, is **** scared of me) got this bloke to hit me.

Don't quite understand what that was all about really, haven't done anything to **** anyone off, and this bloke who i don't get on with, we haven't spoken in a while so don't understand it.

To clear any assumptions up i am not violent in anyway and do not ever get involved in violence as its pointless, and frankly getting people on other people because they are too scared to do it themselves is utterly pathetic.

So then, now do i find out who this bloke is, and go down the legal route, or seek revenge in my own twisted ways?
Old 29 May 2010, 01:18 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Be the bigger man - Report it.
Old 29 May 2010, 01:21 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Call the law. Hope you heal well.
Old 29 May 2010, 01:21 PM
shamone
Scooby Regular

Go the legal route first...... and if our wonderful judicial system fails to deal with it, you can always go down the petrol/matches option in your own time
Old 29 May 2010, 01:22 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Report it - legal, moral high ground aaaaand he'll have a criminal record (assuming proof can be found) so he'll suffer for longer
Old 29 May 2010, 01:24 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Eye for an Eye if you ask me .

Get your attacker sorted ,then the little Gimp who put him on you .

Dont do it yourself obviously .No point getting in bother for said ******* .!!!!
Old 29 May 2010, 01:30 PM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

Report it. Get him locked up before he can do the same to someone else with possibly worse consequences. Also if you report it, you can claim from the CICA for your injuries.
Old 29 May 2010, 01:37 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

I'm glad you lot have said more or less the same thing. I was thinking of going to police, but I'm not entirely sure they will be able to find out who he is. I am 100% confident that it will be on CCTV though.

If it does go through police and he gets caught, i certainly will be taking him to court for compensation. Not because i am part of money grabbing Britain, just because I'd like to make him suffer for the pain i am in now.

I have a feeling though if i do go to the police i will most likely have to find out who this bloke is myself as they wont share the same dedication to finding this *******?

All i know is the blokes name (and address ) who set this bloke on me.

I don't remember what this bloke looks like though as i don't remember it, got punched so hard my memory of it is very hazy. My mate who was standing there with me would know what he looked like though so perhaps some face book stalking is due?

As for the comment about an eye for an eye..This is what my brother says also. He's told me to find his address and then leave it with him....gotta love protective older brothers
Old 29 May 2010, 01:38 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
Call the law. Hope you heal well.
Thank you.
Old 29 May 2010, 01:40 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Report him and you can put a legal claim in.

Then after it has been done and dusted get your mate to sort him and the other one out.
Old 29 May 2010, 02:11 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that mate, there are some messed up people out there. Hope you mend quickly, and that he falls of a kerb somewhere hitting his head on a passing bus.

I have to ask though, could this be karma biting you in the ****? All those hateful things you have said about Apple?

Just kiddin mate. Fingers crossed the law can find this a-hole and get him dealt with. Its people like this that society could do without.
Old 29 May 2010, 02:15 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

He conspired with others (the hitter) to commit GBH/ABH (can't recall which is which) so your "friend" might be in a heap lot more trouble with the law as Conspiracy To is treated far more seriously than just actually doing something.

Get the CCTV, witnesses etc together, then take a wander down the nick - make it all easy for plod.
Old 29 May 2010, 02:18 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

What Puff said +1
They are both guilty and need stringing up for it
Old 29 May 2010, 02:28 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Call the police. Hope you feel better soon.

On another note, is this what passes for a night out nowadays? I'm so glad I'm past all this **** now.
Old 29 May 2010, 02:29 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
He conspired with others (the hitter) to commit GBH/ABH (can't recall which is which) so your "friend" might be in a heap lot more trouble with the law as Conspiracy To is treated far more seriously than just actually doing something.

Get the CCTV, witnesses etc together, then take a wander down the nick - make it all easy for plod.
Thanks for the comment. I never really thought about the conspiracy thing but i may well take that advice. I might go to plod in a few days for an informal chat asking what they can do.
Old 29 May 2010, 02:32 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I would get in touch NOW mate, not a few days time.
Old 29 May 2010, 02:33 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Call the police. Hope you feel better soon.

On another note, is this what passes for a night out nowadays? I'm so glad I'm past all this **** now.
In honesty i haven't been involved in anything like this since school.

Originally Posted by Snazy
Sorry to hear that mate, there are some messed up people out there. Hope you mend quickly, and that he falls of a kerb somewhere hitting his head on a passing bus.

I have to ask though, could this be karma biting you in the ****? All those hateful things you have said about Apple?

Just kiddin mate. Fingers crossed the law can find this a-hole and get him dealt with. Its people like this that society could do without.
Haha, Stever Jobs was said to have been spotted in brighton that night...
Old 29 May 2010, 02:35 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18
In honesty i haven't been involved in anything like this since school.

Haha, Stever Jobs was said to have been spotted in brighton that night...
I KNEW it !
Glad you didnt lose your sense of humour mate.
Old 29 May 2010, 02:36 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
I would get in touch NOW mate, not a few days time.
Thing is i am laying in bed, all swollen up, car is off the road with no insurance and everybody is out so no lift is available. I would have thought the police would be sympathetic to all of the above.
oh and just to add to everything he has sent threatening (and hilarious ) text messages to me. I'm guessing these are most definitely worth keeping?
Old 29 May 2010, 02:36 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I'm glad you lot have said more or less the same thing. I was thinking of going to police, but I'm not entirely sure they will be able to find out who he is. I am 100% confident that it will be on CCTV though.

If it does go through police and he gets caught, i certainly will be taking him to court for compensation. Not because i am part of money grabbing Britain, just because I'd like to make him suffer for the pain i am in now.

I have a feeling though if i do go to the police i will most likely have to find out who this bloke is myself as they wont share the same dedication to finding this *******?

All i know is the blokes name (and address ) who set this bloke on me.

I don't remember what this bloke looks like though as i don't remember it, got punched so hard my memory of it is very hazy. My mate who was standing there with me would know what he looked like though so perhaps some face book stalking is due?

As for the comment about an eye for an eye..This is what my brother says also. He's told me to find his address and then leave it with him....gotta love protective older brothers
When you give your statement, be honest and state that you do not know who the attacker was or what he looks like, as it happened so fast and took you by surprise. Tell them that you were there with your friend who witnessed it - he will then be asked to give a statement and hopefully will be able to provide a description - also state how you became aware this male was asked to attack you and by who - the other person who you think set it up, should be contacted as part of any investigation, if he gives a statement, it has to be the truth or he could be prosecuted, as it is a legal document at the end of he day, though I would probably look to bring him in under caution. You may wish to put some history in the statement, saying if you've had problems with the person who set this up, in the past.

If you still have visible injuries, take photos. The investigaring officer should also do this if they are visible when you make your statement.

Oceana should have conditions on their licence stating they have to keep CCTV for 28 days, so it should be obtainable. Hopefully if you can say at what time this incident occurred and where you were located, they should be able to track it down.
Old 29 May 2010, 02:40 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Thing is i am laying in bed, all swollen up, car is off the road with no insurance and everybody is out so no lift is available. I would have thought the police would be sympathetic to all of the above.
oh and just to add to everything he has sent threatening (and hilarious ) text messages to me. I'm guessing these are most definitely worth keeping?
Get your **** to the police station NOW! The question you will be asked is why you didn't report it sooner if t gets to court. Catch a bus or walk. You will find that police officers are sympathetic, especially when they can see the injuries.

Keep the text messages on your phone as that shows a course of conduct intended to cause you alarm and distress - show these to the police officer.
Old 29 May 2010, 02:45 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!

It'd likely be Incitement if he's wound the other person up to do it or conspiracy if they have hatched a plan to carry out the attack.

From the level of injury described, I'd be looking at arresting for ABH.

Oceana won't release the cctv to you - they will only release it to the police, but feel free to take your witnesses with you, if they are available.
Old 29 May 2010, 02:50 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the comment. I never really thought about the conspiracy thing but i may well take that advice. I might go to plod in a few days for an informal chat asking what they can do.
What we do is simple:

You turn up, an incident is recorded. An Officer in Case is assigned to the task. The OIC takes statements from yourself and witnesses and captures photos of visible images or organises for for a SOCO to get these images should the OIC not be able to. The OIC will then seize CCTV from Oceana. The OIC will then make the arrests, interview suspects on tape and put his findings to the custody sergeant. The custody sergeant will then make a decision on how to dispose of the crime, bail to court, bail for further investigation, caution etc.
Old 29 May 2010, 02:57 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Listen to the above advice mate, its all sound (bloody well should be given the source lol)
I would have thought if you cant get out, someone could provisionally come and see you. But get everything while its fresh, it all counts.

Dont let this dick get away with it. If he dont know you from Adam, he could be going around slapping someone up every week. Stop the next one happening.
Old 29 May 2010, 04:48 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

As per Facebook, your mixing fingers are fine mate.
Old 29 May 2010, 05:23 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Went out on Thursday, few mates home from uni and it was my last day of uni too so we all ventured out into the town of Brighton, as per usual.

Went to a few bars, having a good night, then somebody suggested going to oceana (sigh) as it was only a pound a drink.
long story short, there i was chatting to my mate when some bloke came running up to me, cracked me straight in the jaw then kicked me in the face while i was down.

I now have a broken cheek bone and a fractured jaw. Have not eaten since Thursday and can barely drink water. It is nearly impossible to take the drugs I've been prescribed.

I have found out since that some bloke i don't get on with (hes a little wimp who, without trying to brag and I'm not hard or anything, is **** scared of me) got this bloke to hit me.

Don't quite understand what that was all about really, haven't done anything to **** anyone off, and this bloke who i don't get on with, we haven't spoken in a while so don't understand it.

To clear any assumptions up i am not violent in anyway and do not ever get involved in violence as its pointless, and frankly getting people on other people because they are too scared to do it themselves is utterly pathetic.

So then, now do i find out who this bloke is, and go down the legal route, or seek revenge in my own twisted ways?
That's shocking Get it reported, immediately. Hopefully they will both be dealt with.

Get well soon and good luck
Old 30 May 2010, 10:46 AM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Be the bigger man - Report it.

And be known as a grass for the rest of your days?

Be the bigger man and kick the **** out of both of them when your better!
Old 30 May 2010, 10:47 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX

Are we all still at school?
Old 30 May 2010, 10:52 AM
dazzaturbo
Scooby Regular

3 simple words two by four.
Old 30 May 2010, 10:58 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX

I dont get it, he is being a grass for reporting it to the police and not just starting a never ending cycle?

There is a time and a place for self justice, personally I dont think this is one of them.

Just to clarify, talking to the police for anything = "GRASS" ?

Quick Reply: So who would like to hear about my Thursday night?