Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

HELP ME PLEASE tinnitus. !!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2010, 07:04 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i suffered badly from this when i played drums, you can only mask it, it is infinitely worse at night when there is silence, to mask it you need a constant sorce of sound, ipod perhaps.
Old 21 May 2010, 07:32 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

yes it'll clear if it's an infection, i havent played drums for over a year, and although my hearing is knackered, the tinnitus is more or less gone. If you are getting it so it is affecting you in the day, it guess it is a 'blowing' sound combined with high pitched whining, if so, it'll clear gradually when your cold clears. in a day or so, you'll wake up and not notice it anymore.
Old 21 May 2010, 07:33 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my game I come across lots of people with various ailments and there is usually a UK based society which can help............ usually a very good source. I would ignore non-uk sites.

http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/

Normally tinnitus associated with infections dissapears

Do you get dizzy spells ? there is something called post-viral benign positional vertigo which also gets better with time.

HTH

Shaun
Old 21 May 2010, 07:33 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

double post
Old 21 May 2010, 08:27 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

I went to a cheap holiday camp in Torquay about 7 years ago, it was so cold I got a bit of a headcold, next thing you know I have ringing in my ears. Four or five days later, it was gone. Not before nearly driving me to distraction and a visit to the med centre.

If its infection related it will go, that is the advice I wa given. Persevere mate, it will pass.
Old 21 May 2010, 08:37 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

I've had tinnitus for nearly 20 years. Started when I had a cold, then an ear infection. If it doesn't go, take Midlife's advice and get in touch with the tinnitus org. They will help you to cope with it. I went for tinnitus counselling a couple of years ago, when it was REALLY getting me down. I have about five different sounds going on.
Old 21 May 2010, 08:40 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Originally Posted by HT04
well a little story.i had a little bout of minor flu, a cold basically. then as i thought i was getting better, i got an ear infection. the gp has prescribed me a short dose of tablets. halfway through them, but for the last three days now CONSTANT DAY AND NIGHT, i have tinnitus aswell. which the doc says will go with the ear infection. but, it is driving me absolutely mad.

ive really had enough of the ringing in my right ear and it has bought me to tears a few times now just being so wound down with it.

has anybody got any advice on any sort of relief from tinnitus, PLEASE.

dan
I get that pain in the ****> try swimming and pink floyd
Old 21 May 2010, 09:15 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I too used to suffer from this. I managed to get a white noise generator ear plug thing from the NHS. Had to wear this for a few months while "the filters in my brain" reset themselves. It did work, but you do have to persevere.

In addition to that, I also have a white noise sound that I can play from my hi-fi. I use this from time to time if the issue returns.

I was told that it was very important that the idea is NOT to mask the sound out, as this does nothing to help your brain reset the filters that we all use so that we only hear the sounds we want to. The idea is to have the sound as a distraction, and set at a level that is around the level of tinnitus that you are suffering, not to drown it out.

Your doc may be able to help if your problem persists.
Old 21 May 2010, 09:33 PM
P1 Daveyboy
Scooby Regular

I have that after time you learn to live with it but at first it got bad so now i turn the music up and enjoy as much as i can
Old 21 May 2010, 10:30 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

You think you've got problems!!?

ALL THE BEST,

Quasi.
Old 21 May 2010, 10:38 PM
Will
BANNED

I've suffered from psoriasis for many years and what a nasty ****** it is!!!!! I did not know it even existed before I had it!! Didn't know that tinnitus existed before this thread!!!!
Old 22 May 2010, 07:02 AM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
You think you've got problems!!?

ALL THE BEST,

Quasi.
Old 22 May 2010, 07:50 AM
sonic93
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

do u think it got anything to do with the race pipe lol hope u get better soon mate
Old 22 May 2010, 08:07 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HT04
well a little story.i had a little bout of minor flu, a cold basically. then as i thought i was getting better, i got an ear infection. the gp has prescribed me a short dose of tablets. halfway through them, but for the last three days now CONSTANT DAY AND NIGHT, i have tinnitus aswell. which the doc says will go with the ear infection. but, it is driving me absolutely mad.

ive really had enough of the ringing in my right ear and it has bought me to tears a few times now just being so wound down with it.

has anybody got any advice on any sort of relief from tinnitus, PLEASE.

dan
I had fluid and an infection in the inner ear from flying with a cold once. It does take a while to clear up and the only advice possible is to be patient I'm afraid.

Les