Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A radio broadcast which made me laugh!

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2010, 02:05 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A radio broadcast which made me laugh!

As I drove in to work at 06:15, listening to the radio, everything seemed fine.

At 06:30, the news came on - The Chief Constable of Notts Police has criticised officers for not cutting burglary or robbery figures enough.

This amused he highly as...

1) Last week, 2 blokes were remanded for robbery I caught two of the three scum bags after a mile foot chase - not bad for a fat bloke! And I had to go tr/ough a pond. Instead of robbery CPS went for ABH.
2) My mate caught two burglars at it the day before. We caught them again today. CPS went for theft other and wouldn't confiscate the truck, which, yes you've guessed we nicked them in again.
3) I caught a bloke inside a house last week, it met the criteria for burglary. He punched my colleague - I sprayed him with CS. We went for burglar/ypolice assault. CPS went for police assault and criminal damage
4) Myself and a colleague caught another bloke inside a house he shouldn't have been in (burglary) but the CPS would only prosecute for criminal damage.

Does stuff like this annoy you? Your big-big boss is saying you're crap, but you are doing your bit, but it's others who are letting you down? Can't wait to see what whichever bunch of the losers who get elected have to say
Old 07 May 2010, 06:37 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

dont worry, we know a lot of you flatfoots are decent coppers.

Lets just hope the politics, targets and redtape is tossed away and you get back to doing what is needed
Old 07 May 2010, 07:17 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
after a mile foot chase - not bad for a fat bloke!

You or him ?
Old 07 May 2010, 02:01 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

As I drove in to work at 06:15, listening to the radio, everything seemed fine.

At 06:30, the news came on - The Chief Constable of Notts Police has criticised officers for not cutting burglary or robbery figures enough.

This amused he highly as...

1) Last week, 2 blokes were remanded for robbery I caught two of the three scum bags after a mile foot chase - not bad for a fat bloke! And I had to go tr/ough a pond. Instead of robbery CPS went for ABH.
2) My mate caught two burglars at it the day before. We caught them again today. CPS went for theft other and wouldn't confiscate the truck, which, yes you've guessed we nicked them in again.
3) I caught a bloke inside a house last week, it met the criteria for burglary. He punched my colleague - I sprayed him with CS. We went for burglar/ypolice assault. CPS went for police assault and criminal damage
4) Myself and a colleague caught another bloke inside a house he shouldn't have been in (burglary) but the CPS would only prosecute for criminal damage.

Does stuff like this annoy you? Your big-big boss is saying you're crap, but you are doing your bit, but it's others who are letting you down? Can't wait to see what whichever bunch of the losers who get elected have to say
Difficult to know what their reasoning is about all this sort of thing. It is almost as if they are encouraging this kind of thieving etc. for their own reasons, strange as those might be.

It appears to be a largely PC reaction but I often wonder if there is more behind it.

Les
Old 08 May 2010, 02:54 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
You or him ?
Me.
Old 08 May 2010, 12:37 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

not a lover of the police tbh, but, admittedly, my problem as i am tarring them all with the same brush due to 1 particular incident and i have had several occasions where their discretion worked in my favour (thankfully.) . but yes, this type of stuff gets right on my t1t5 as the little ******* around our way have no respect for peoples privacy or property and all they need is their skinny ***** kicking but the law is the wrong way around now!! i remember as a kid the police legging us once and cornering us, we all got a slap and a bit of a kick to the shins but did we learn? too right we did!
Old 08 May 2010, 01:43 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Me.

I would have thought as a copper you'd be working out regularly to keep fit ?
Old 08 May 2010, 09:20 PM
scud8
Scooby Regular

Presumably CPS are worried about their ability to get a burglary conviction if the guy wasn't wearing a hooped jumper with a bag labelled "swag" over his shoulder.
Old 09 May 2010, 08:14 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Same as when I reported I'd been a victim of credit card fraud. They (police) put it down as an enquiry.

No doubt that year, reported crime was down.

Enquies was up though.