Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Are they for real

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2010, 06:22 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Are they for real

A teacher belts a boy around the head with a dumbell and fractures his skull yet he doesn't get jail. wether the guy was ill or not for a teacher or anyone to harm someone in this way deserves JAIl wether they were wound up or not. They jail people who attack burglars yet they can't jail a teacher who attacks a pupil.

oops forgot to add the link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/8652243.stm

Last edited by stevebt; 29 April 2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 29 April 2010, 06:28 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Within ten minutes of arriving at work today I was assaulted and verbally abused by a female pupil.

Pass me the f'cking dumbells.....

You people have no clue.

dunx
Old 29 April 2010, 06:31 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Fortunately for the lad it was a ladies dumbell. Whilst not condoning his actions I'm not surprised the teacher lashed out.
Old 29 April 2010, 06:35 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

My mates a lecturer at college he says the kids attitude towards him is fecking terrible. One lad threatened to spray a can of paint in his face and another threatened him with a wrench. He says out of the 16 kids in his workshop only 2 are there to learn . He also says if he ever sees any of them around town at the weekend he'd **** them
Old 29 April 2010, 06:43 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job Teachers get 6 months off then to relax .........
Old 29 April 2010, 07:18 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

He has done 8 months, plenty imo now he can get the help he requires.
Old 29 April 2010, 07:19 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
Within ten minutes of arriving at work today I was assaulted and verbally abused by a female pupil.

Pass me the f'cking dumbells.....

You people have no clue.

dunx
https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...d-to-hear.html

dl

Trending Topics

Old 29 April 2010, 07:31 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Bring back the cane, dumbells are for workouts!
Old 29 April 2010, 07:53 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by David Lock

You can't physically assualt someone with a weapon just cause they wind you up. If the stress of teaching is too much get out of it.
Old 29 April 2010, 08:02 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevebt
You can't physically assualt someone with a weapon just cause they wind you up. If the stress of teaching is too much get out of it.
Going by some of the yobs I see going around that are school age I cant blame the guy TBH, teachers are not here to be abused in any shape or form, no one in any other profession would take the abuse todays school teachers do with out the shout of being victomised, so why should a teacher?
Old 29 April 2010, 11:48 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Although it was an overreaction my overriding sympathies are 100% with the teacher.

Perhaps the insolent little fcuktard might think twice next time before behaving in such an insolent and insubordinate manner. Not too long back he'd have taken out and shot.

Last edited by jods; 29 April 2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 29 April 2010, 11:48 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Although it was an overreaction my overriding sympathies are 100% with the teacher.

Perhaps the insolent little fcuktard might think twice next time before behaving in such an insolent and insubordinate manner. Not to long back he'd have taken out and shot.
Old 29 April 2010, 11:51 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Is this double posting "glitch" a sneaky way to make it appear the SN forum is experiencing a massive boost in traffic? I smell a sell-off coming ;-)

I'm currently in Florida - home of the original "double count". :-)

Last edited by jods; 29 April 2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 30 April 2010, 12:09 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
Going by some of the yobs I see going around that are school age I cant blame the guy TBH, teachers are not here to be abused in any shape or form, no one in any other profession would take the abuse todays school teachers do with out the shout of being victomised, so why should a teacher?
I actually feel for the guy, and hopefully what happened brings the little **** down a peg or two. However, I can't agree with the rest of what you say.

People in any job aren't there to be abused in any form, and to assume nobody in any other profession takes it is ridiculous. They may not like it obviously, but they do take it. At least in my experience. For the role I do, you wouldn't believe some of the stuff we have to put up with, and I have seen myself get in trouble just for 'answering back'. I could just imagine how it would turn out if I was to act out physically.

We have all the signs saying abuse won't be tolerated, but it is (if management won't back you, they may as well take them down imo). It shouldn't be in any job, including teaching, and in that situation more should be done before it gets to the stage it did.
Old 30 April 2010, 12:14 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

He should have been given a gold rosette !
Old 30 April 2010, 06:41 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by andy97
Bring back the cane, dumbells are for workouts!

Totally agree
Old 30 April 2010, 06:52 AM
twooo
Scooby Regular

My Dad used to be a teacher "back in the day" and loved it. By the mid '90s though, he reckoned discipline and kids' attitudes had gone completely downhill, coupled with a large lack of teacher support from governors, heads and the government, and he couldn't wait to retire. A couple of years ago, an ex-girlfriend was thinking of going into teaching. His reply to her: "You must be bloody mad!" And this, from a teacher of about 30 years, his last school being a fairly posh private school in a little village.

Kids are little ****s these days, and are revelling in that fact that teachers can't do a thing to discipline them. No wonder education is suffering a worryingly large lack of teachers. Who in their right mind would go into the industry at the moment?
Old 30 April 2010, 07:16 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I left school 10 years ago next month and my attitude compared to a lot of the 16-17 year olds I work with on my apprenticeship is shocking. The instructors do their best but their (the lads) attitude is...
  • It's not my fault
  • The equipment is faulty
  • The world owes me a favour
  • I'm gonna see how far I can push you with my verbal abuse
  • If I don;t get what I want I'll just be disruptive
  • My dad will come down and batter ye

Honestly maybe my year at school was the last decent one as althugh I can be a right **** sometimes, I never remember at 16 being so gobby or willing to try smack someone or give them attitude.

The failure here is the groups of people above teachers who have simply let go of the concept that the teachers teach kids, not the other way round. I feel fortunate that I was tought between 1988 and 2000, as I missed capital punishment like the cain (which I NEVER agreed with) and finished whilst teachers still had some power and respect from the kids they tought. I could certainly thank a lot of them for keeping me in line as I was easily distracted back then - now, well this PC bollocks **** Labour party has stuffed things up royally.

Wonder if there are any (genuine) school govenors on here who'd care to comment?
Old 30 April 2010, 07:34 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
I left school 10 years ago next month and my attitude compared to a lot of the 16-17 year olds I work with on my apprenticeship is shocking. The instructors do their best but their (the lads) attitude is...
  • It's not my fault
  • The equipment is faulty
  • The world owes me a favour
  • I'm gonna see how far I can push you with my verbal abuse
  • If I don;t get what I want I'll just be disruptive
  • My dad will come down and batter ye

Honestly maybe my year at school was the last decent one as althugh I can be a right **** sometimes, I never remember at 16 being so gobby or willing to try smack someone or give them attitude.

The failure here is the groups of people above teachers who have simply let go of the concept that the teachers teach kids, not the other way round. I feel fortunate that I was tought between 1988 and 2000, as I missed capital punishment like the cain (which I NEVER agreed with) and finished whilst teachers still had some power and respect from the kids they tought. I could certainly thank a lot of them for keeping me in line as I was easily distracted back then - now, well this PC bollocks **** Labour party has stuffed things up royally.

Wonder if there are any (genuine) school govenors on here who'd care to comment?
I am glad I missed capital punishment in schools as well I started school in 1985 and while corporal punishment was no longer in place a few of the teachers still gave us a clip around the ear if we stepped out of order. Did we tell her parents? did we **** or else it would have been another clip around the ear because my parents trusted the judgement of the teachers.
These days however little Johnny's Dad would no doubt be in to batter the teacher before filing a claim for compensation.
Old 30 April 2010, 08:06 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

In my day (and that's now 25+ years ago) being lippy in class would result in a wooden chalk board cleaner being launched by the teacher at mach 3 straight at your head.....

As I recall no one was ever lippy twice..... this is the result of PC do-gooders and the don't smack a child brigade - sit them on a step instead....
Old 30 April 2010, 08:13 AM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

Teachers -1 Liberal Reformers - 0
Old 30 April 2010, 08:19 AM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
In my day (and that's now 25+ years ago) being lippy in class would result in a wooden chalk board cleaner being launched by the teacher at mach 3 straight at your head.....

As I recall no one was ever lippy twice..... this is the result of PC do-gooders and the don't smack a child brigade - sit them on a step instead....
Oh yes. The wooden chalk board cleaner on the back of your head, "ouch". "Turn round you little ****** and shut it". I remember it well.
Old 30 April 2010, 08:20 AM
shooter007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thesyn
Teachers -1 Liberal Reformers - 0
give every teacher a dumb bell good for him
Old 30 April 2010, 08:44 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt

Surely you mean a blackboard cleaner, you tree-hugging lefty?
Old 30 April 2010, 10:15 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by dunx
assaulted and verbally abused by a female
Some people actually pay for that sort of thing you know!

Joking aside, although I think twatting some child around the head with a dumb bell might have been a bit strong I think this idea that the child can do what they like and the teachers have to take it is laughable.

I wasn't too naughty in school but I did mess around although wasn't blatantly rude. Very much doubt I would have been quite so eager to play the fool if I thought I'd get a clip round the ear for my trouble.
Old 30 April 2010, 10:20 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

I totally sympathise with teachers who have to deal with unruley 'I know my rights' sorts of pupils, but how this guy got off hitting a pupil around the head with dumbells whilst shouting "DIE DIE DIE!!" is a surprise!!
Old 30 April 2010, 10:37 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Sorry I wouldn't wish that any "child" be subjected to a physical assault like that one, but the use of the cane did none of my generation any lasting harm.

dunx
Old 30 April 2010, 10:42 AM
bob r
Scooby Regular

What is a teacher doing with a dumbell in class anyway?

If the kid was an **** then he deserves a slap but dumbell?
Old 30 April 2010, 10:47 AM
bob r
Scooby Regular

What about the petshop owner who sold a Goldfish to a 15yr old and got 'tagged' and a fine which was about £1200. What a barmy legal system we have.
Old 30 April 2010, 10:50 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

My missus is a teacher and even she was a bit shocked that he escaped jail.

She is not a violent type of person, preferring to break down and cry instead of hitting things, where as i would have elbow dropped the little ****bag and would probably now be out of a job

Quick Reply: Are they for real