Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

SEBEN NITROZILLA NITRO CAR

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2010, 08:05 AM
beal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEBEN NITROZILLA NITRO CAR

As above as anyone bought one on here,they are from germany.
I ordered one a couple of days ago.
Just wondered if any one had anything to say about them cheers,phil
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seben-Nitrozil...item5d28cb0d4f
Old 24 April 2010, 09:25 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I think mines a Seben, they are made of very cheap materials mines currently in the cupboard due to the steering servo packing up after a few very small runs...
Old 24 April 2010, 10:36 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

buy something that will last, buy cheap buy twice, I run a Hobo Hyper HQ T27 and its not failed yet and I give it some abuse.
Old 24 April 2010, 10:39 AM
beal
Scooby Regular

Thanks, but its too late ive already bought it!!
Will just have to see.
Old 25 April 2010, 08:40 AM
beal
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig
buy something that will last, buy cheap buy twice, I run a Hobo Hyper HQ T27 and its not failed yet and I give it some abuse.
just had a look at those they do look good,but expensive
Old 25 April 2010, 10:53 AM
n8i
Scooby Regular

hi

think it's a cheap rc car made in China

cheers
Nico
Old 26 April 2010, 06:42 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

cheap **** thats gonna brake as soon as you bit a pebble
Old 27 April 2010, 11:03 AM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

Can't comment on their Nitro cars, but I got a electric truck for my lad. Seben are based in Germany, though the car is modelled on a Tamiya model, can't comment on the quality of materials used versus what Tamiya use, but it's about 40% cheaper than the exact same Tamiya model.

We use it off road and on road and being a first time driver he has bashed it a few times. The big chunky tyres help absorb some of the impact. Overall it's a great starter for him and has proved quite reliable and most importantly strong.

I did deliberately buy the Seben car rather than the Tamiya model because I suspected that it would get bashed about a bit and I didn't see the point of buying a more expensive model that need parts all the time. In fact it's only needed a single part, something that I remember breaking regularly back in the 80's when I drove 1/10 cars. And because it's the same as Tamiya, parts are readily available, cheap and plentiful.

So overall it might be cheap, but it certainly isn't weak compared to it's comtempories. Possibly a faster nitro car may prove different, but I would recommend buying one of these over the equivalent Tamiya model, if you are looking for an entry point real RC car.

Last edited by Miniman; 27 April 2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03 May 2010, 07:27 AM
beal
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Miniman
Can't comment on their Nitro cars, but I got a electric truck for my lad. Seben are based in Germany, though the car is modelled on a Tamiya model, can't comment on the quality of materials used versus what Tamiya use, but it's about 40% cheaper than the exact same Tamiya model.

We use it off road and on road and being a first time driver he has bashed it a few times. The big chunky tyres help absorb some of the impact. Overall it's a great starter for him and has proved quite reliable and most importantly strong.

I did deliberately buy the Seben car rather than the Tamiya model because I suspected that it would get bashed about a bit and I didn't see the point of buying a more expensive model that need parts all the time. In fact it's only needed a single part, something that I remember breaking regularly back in the 80's when I drove 1/10 cars. And because it's the same as Tamiya, parts are readily available, cheap and plentiful.

So overall it might be cheap, but it certainly isn't weak compared to it's comtempories. Possibly a faster nitro car may prove different, but I would recommend buying one of these over the equivalent Tamiya model, if you are looking for an entry point real RC car.
Thanks for the info mate & you are right.
It seems to be built fine,just need to run it in now..
Old 03 May 2010, 08:00 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a similar subject a mate bought a remote control plane the other week and was thinking about it myself.Until he told me you now have to go on some safety course which involves taking off and landing the plane,doing some loops etc ..And you can only fly it during certain times on certain days,and you have to have someone with you wearing a yellow safety vest while flying.I said you making this up,i remember as a kid i would go to the park most Sundays and watch the guys flying them..He said but this is what you have to do now,i have just completed the course that allows me to fly the plane,Bollocks i wanted a helicopter if i buy one i just gonna fly the damn thing,Health and Safety really has gone ..Might get a toy car/truck instead petrol one...
Old 03 May 2010, 08:13 AM
beal
Scooby Regular

That plane law is right with the petrol ones but not most electric,also depends on size too.This is a mate of mine flying his in the park the other day.

Last edited by beal; 05 May 2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03 May 2010, 08:41 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beal
That plane law is right with the petrol ones but not most electric,also depends on size too.This is a mate of mine flying his in the park the other day.
http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...=Video0010.flv

Shocking never hear about that law before.I want a heli because you can use them almost anywhere like i had an idea..My mate lives in the next street but can see his house from our back garden,so the plan is to climb onto the house roof so i got a good view,attach a can of Beer to the helicopter and see if i can transport the beer over to his back yard,is quite a few gardens to fly over and some trees to navigate around
Old 03 May 2010, 08:55 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DYK
Shocking never hear about that law before.I want a heli because you can use them almost anywhere like i had an idea..My mate lives in the next street but can see his house from our back garden,so the plan is to climb onto the house roof so i got a good view,attach a can of Beer to the helicopter and see if i can transport the beer over to his back yard,is quite a few gardens to fly over and some trees to navigate around
Sounds like a killer plan
Be fun to see if you can do it but imagine if the heli drops or the can try explaining that to the Cops lol
Old 10 June 2010, 06:53 PM
mattyd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by beal
bmfa.org

you need an a qualification to fly solo, not on a dual control system, and a b certificate to fly displays.

these are inplace to stop people getting injured/killed such as a boy in 2005 struck in the chest by a 5lb plane which killed him, in 2002 my father was struck by a 5.5lb "wot 4" at 65mph in the forehead, it sent him 13.5 feet in the air, fractured his skull and left him unconcious for 17 days and permanently blind in one eye...

thats why the health and safety is people!
Old 10 June 2010, 08:36 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

13.5 feet?

where did the 0.5 come from?
Old 11 June 2010, 08:34 AM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mj
13.5 feet?