Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dental Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2010, 02:06 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dental Advice

My eldest (8 years) broke the botom off of one of her front teeth whilst playing with her sister some months ago. It was filled with a white filling but as it's just a slither on the bottom keeps coming off.

The desntist gets noticably peed off every time she has it redone so has been suggesting a more perm fix, a crown or a veneer.

Now by coincidence I also broke a tooth at her age and have had a crown since I was 7 or 8, these days they are so good you can't tell. In fact I have both my front teeth crowned after an accident fooling round with a beer bottle

The alternative is a veneer but I don't know so much about them, can anyone give me some advice on which route to go down?
Old 08 April 2010, 03:23 PM
JulioJordio2
Scooby Regular

I did the exact same thing at yen yrs old.

I'd just got them through fully when I tripped whilst giving a mate a piggy back, couldnt break my fall, landed on a kerb and both teeth snapped and went through my upper lip!

Until I was 16 they could only put on a temp cap, and as I played Rugby 3 times a week then, they were forever being smashed out at anything more than a tap.

When I turned 16 they ground the remaining teeth down, and put a permanent crown on. This, touch wood, hasnt come off in 11 yrs, and its had some abuse.

I wouldnt be surprised if anything they did before 16 yrs old, is only classed as a temporary measure, as your teeth still grow till then i was told.

HTH.
Old 08 April 2010, 04:34 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

ok thanks, I had a crown till I was 21 then replaced due to better technology, we'll see what mr dentist says.
Old 08 April 2010, 11:18 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

at 8 years old the teeth and gums are very immature...... and direct repairs with tooth coloured fillings are generally the treatment of choice unless the tooth is completely smashed

Any chance of a pic ?

Shaun

(a sort of dentist)