Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

David Cameron, AKA DCI Gene Hunt

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2010, 03:33 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default David Cameron, AKA DCI Gene Hunt

The two Milliband prats have just been on Sky news extolling Labour's latest poster designed to stick it to the Tories, which poses David Cameron as DCI Gene Hunt sat on the bonnet of the Quattro. The caption warns us not to let the Tories take us back to the '80s.
The Tories have responded with a poster of Brown sat on the bonnet of a biege Maxi warning us not to let Labour take us back to the '70s.

Now who do you think has made the point they wanted to?
What a gift!

Kevin
Old 03 April 2010, 03:47 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

I'd much rather both parties told us EXACTLY what they'd do, rather than come up with crappy posters about time travel.

Flightman would prefer to be taken back the the 70's, where he'd by 30% of Microsoft.
Old 03 April 2010, 04:08 PM
RFSA180
Scooby Regular

Labour ******. This shows how far detached from real people these ***** are. Most of us would love a Gene Hunt type sorting this failed state out. And they use it as a warning. Epic fail!
Old 03 April 2010, 04:25 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RFSA180
Labour ******. This shows how far detached from real people these ***** are. Most of us would love a Gene Hunt type sorting this failed state out. And they use it as a warning. Epic fail!

LOL 'Failed State' - get a grip man!!!
Old 03 April 2010, 05:47 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Given a choice the 80's was a safer place to live, less crime, little PC rubbish to put up with and fuel was cheap + some great music and schools turned out kids who could read and write!

We also won a war due to having a 'ballsy' PM with little or no support from Europe (not taking anything away from our soldiers currently in the ME)

TBH the poster is quite cool and if i was Dave i would be quietly pleased and flattered.

If that is the best NL can do then i hope they have Pickfords set up a double move out in Downing Street soon!

Last edited by The Zohan; 03 April 2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03 April 2010, 05:58 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood

Given a choice the 80's was a safer place to live, less crime, little PC rubbish to put up with and fuel was cheap + some great music and schools turned out kids who could read and write!

We also won a war due to having a 'ballsy' PM with little or no support from Europe (not taking anything away from our soldiers currently in the ME)

TBH the poster is quite cool and if i was Dave i would be quietly pleased and flattered.

If that is the best NL can do then i hope they have Pickfords set up a double move out in Downing Street soon!
Agreed
Old 03 April 2010, 05:59 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood

have tu agree with you paul best thing nl could have done the pics cool
Old 03 April 2010, 06:57 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

yes the 80s, huge prosperity, no political correctness, great music and low taxes and broken trade unions - who would possibly want that?!

Labour truely are incompetent!

Old 03 April 2010, 07:02 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Labour truely are incompetent!
However I bet they can spell truly
Old 03 April 2010, 07:03 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
I'd much rather both parties told us EXACTLY what they'd do, rather than come up with crappy posters about time travel.
Precisely!!! They are both as bad as each other!
Old 03 April 2010, 07:24 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by f1_fan

The posters are rather amusing though
Old 03 April 2010, 09:55 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

OK - to all the Scoobynet 'clever dicks' - you and flightwit, martin etc...

What are your amazing solutions?? Protest vote? Soiling your paper? BNP??

You are nothing but morons (traitors?) if you fail to vote for the only party that can extract us from the Orwellian nightmare that awaits us all if Brown gets another term...

It is your patriotic duty to vote 'Nu' Labour out of office...

Old 03 April 2010, 11:09 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

However I bet they can spell truly
Goddamit! and I ran incompetent through the spell checker as well!
Old 03 April 2010, 11:11 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck

You are nothing but morons (traitors?) if you fail to vote for the only party that can extract us from the Orwellian nightmare that awaits us all if Brown gets another term...

UB I've said many many times I'm voting Tory at the next election, I do it because we need a fresh government not because I think there will be any kind of major change in policy.

For all who believe the last Tory gov. were a success, here's a few of their other 'achievements'

3 Million unemployed
A collapsing Health Syestem
Inner City Riots
Hyper inflation
Hyper Interest rates
ERM
2 Recessions
Sleaze
The Birth of Quangos
The Fuel price escalator
The loss of our manufacturing base
Wholesale handover of powers to Europe
Falling down schools
2 year NHS waiting lists for consultancy
The Poll Tax
Spiralling crime

And many more no doubt

You see the very depressing fact is, as much as most of you despise the current government they are nothing more than a continution of the last one
Old 03 April 2010, 11:29 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

its all a tad more personal nowadays isnt , at least half because its percieved Gordan is a weak and maybe be lying

Could backfire tho
Old 03 April 2010, 11:34 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wish there was some way for whoever gets into power to be told on live tv in front of the entire UK that they were not voted in, they won because they wernt just as bad as the rest. They are all smug gets when elected and harp on about their mandates and representing the people...my ****.
I have no answer on how to correctly manage the UK but for a start, but I'd certainly look to plug the holes where money is haemorrhaging (ie fighting no win situations abroad and sorting out the workshy on benefits here at home). Raising duty is one thing, cost cutting would help reduce the need to constantly rip the **** out of us working normal people.
Old 03 April 2010, 11:36 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
UB I've said many many times I'm voting Tory at the next election, I do it because we need a fresh government not because I think there will be any kind of major change in policy.

For all who believe the last Tory gov. were a success, here's a few of their other 'achievements'

3 Million unemployed
Inner City Riots
Hyper inflation
Hyper Interest rates
ERM
2 Recessions
Sleaze
The Birth of Quangos
The Fuel price escalator
Falling down schools
The Poll Tax
Spiralling crime

And many more no doubt

You see the very depressing fact is, as much as most of you despise the current government they are nothing more than a continution of the last one
you forgot the sell-off and subsequent collapse of all major industry in the UK.
Old 04 April 2010, 12:17 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005

3 Million unemployed
Inner City Riots
Hyper inflation
Hyper Interest rates
ERM
2 Recessions
Sleaze
The Birth of Quangos
The Fuel price escalator
Falling down schools
The Poll Tax
Spiralling crime

And many more no doubt

Ahh Martin2005, the net version of NL's spin wing

prehaps you want to look a bit further back to the last time Labour were in power.

Strikes, powercuts, crippling inflation, and run by the unions...

funny how you always forget that lot when having a dig

MArt
Old 04 April 2010, 12:23 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
Ahh Martin2005, the net version of NL's spin wing

prehaps you want to look a bit further back to the last time Labour were in power.

Strikes, powercuts, crippling inflation, and run by the unions...

funny how you always forget that lot when having a dig

MArt
Why not read my post properly, you'll see it's not pro NL (like most of my posts). My point was precisely that folk forget what things used to be like, and that there aint much difference between either main party....obviously lost on some

Last edited by Martin2005; 04 April 2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04 April 2010, 07:28 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10 point lead in today's polls, we should be heading for a majority.
Old 04 April 2010, 07:57 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck

You truly are the most obnoxious, odious @*#& on this site Robin. I'm not even prepared to dignify your post with a response.

Flightman does like Robins and leaves tit bits in his garden for them. But not this one. He's a ****.
Old 04 April 2010, 08:03 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

My beef with Cameron isn't borne out of a blinkered love for NL, far from it. My beef is that I see no change to the last 25 years of snouts in the trough politics whoever I vote for. The Tories won't be as overt as NL at feathering their nests, their privileged upbringing means they don't need to be. But it will happen.

What's the answer to that? If someone on here far more intelligent than me knows, please enlighten me.
Old 04 April 2010, 10:01 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

You truly are the most obnoxious, odious @*#& on this site Robin. I'm not even prepared to dignify your post with a response.

Flightman does like Robins and leaves tit bits in his garden for them. But not this one. He's a ****.

Just ignore the troll
Old 04 April 2010, 10:19 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

What's the answer to that? If someone on here far more intelligent than me knows, please enlighten me.
Break the two party system, by voting for a minor party or independents (Hint: Lib Dems are useless as well)
Old 04 April 2010, 03:01 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

No one can say at the moment whether the Conservatives would be as bad as NL. Until they are seen running the country we do not know how they will do it and how successful they are, especially at recovering the economy. In the past they have always managed to do that however.

On the other hand, we do know just how incompetent NL have been at running the country and protecting the electorate. They have made the most stupid decisions, wasted the rich and strong economy that they inherited from the Conservatives, run the country into the ground financially so that we are on our beam ends while we are trying to recover from the recession caused by the greedy bankers who were not being monitored by the toothless FSA because NL did not want to upset them.

To get out of this dreadful situation, we will suffer financially pretty soon when the cash that they are borrowing runs out.

It is a no-brainer that this bunch will never achieve any kind of financial strength so if they were to get into power this next time we will have lost our country and our democratic freedoms, such as they are at the moment! it is down to how much we value our personal freedoms.

Les
Old 04 April 2010, 08:11 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Absolute epic own goal - it just shows they haven't got a remote grasp about how us common or garden voters think, or what our values are. Most blokes think Quattros and DCI Hunt are pretty cool! Even feminists quietly fancy DCI FFS!!! He stands for no nonsense and no spin. He's direct, effective and hates bureaucracy. He dishes out a clip round the ear 'ole rather than an invoice in the post for bad behaviour.

This must have had to be signed off by dozens of top brass as its the first in the campaign and obviously a bit chancy. It just utterly utterly shows they haven't a clue and are SO out of touch let alone out of effectiveness and skills.

D
Old 04 April 2010, 08:12 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Diesel
Absolute epic own goal - it just shows they haven't got a remote grasp about how us common or garden voters think, or what our values are. Most blokes think Quattros and DCI Hunt are pretty cool! Even feminists quietly fancy DCI FFS!!! He stands for no nonsense and no spin. He's direct, effective and hates bureaucracy. He dishes out a clip round the ear 'ole rather than an invoice in the post for bad behaviour.

This must have had to be signed off by dozens of top brass as its the first in the campaign and obviously a bit chancy. It just utterly utterly shows they haven't a clue and are SO out of touch let alone out of effectiveness and skills.

D
Spot on +1
Old 04 April 2010, 08:52 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Old 04 April 2010, 09:02 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boomer
Just how upset would i be if the police gave the troublemaking chavs, underclass criminals and scumbags a slap and they were in fear/had some respect for the law...actually not that much at all!
Old 05 April 2010, 09:44 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Is Gordon turning a blind eye to whats going on?

Quick Reply: David Cameron, AKA DCI Gene Hunt