Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone use Freecycle?

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2010, 11:03 AM
mslorach
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use Freecycle?

I recently signed up to freecycle in my area as I need some old carpets to line a storage container.
There are "offered" and "wanted" adds and after reading through them I am amazed at some of the things that people expect to get for nothing.
Here are 2 adds from this morning:

Wanted Flat Screen Tv - any size would prefer 32" upwards can be uplifted. please get incontact if you can help.

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone doesn't need Flat Screen TV and mens shoes 8.5-9 sized. Please email me.

I think thats nuts, not just any old TV will do for free, it must be flat screen

Here's one from a few months ago:
WE ARE BUILDING OUR FAMILY HOME AND ARE FASTLY RUNNING OUT OF MONEY,
WE STILL NEED A LARGE AMOUNT OF HARDCORE .BUT YOU MUST BE ABLE TODELIVER TO US AS I DONT HAVE A WAGON.

I think in addition to the old carpets I'm after I'll ask for a 22b, someone must have one they don't need, but they'll have to mot, tax and deliver it to me.

What's your opinions on this? I suppose you could say that there's no harm in asking but it just seems a bit greedy to me.
Old 26 March 2010, 12:13 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Only given stuff away through Freecycle, great for disposing of old tat, furniture, etc. that you can't be arsed to list on eBay.

Do get a few time wasters though, like "can you ring my mate who might be able to come and pick the item up", no I'm giving this stuff away for free, you turn up when it's convenient for me and you ring your mate

Sometimes you do see stuff that you think the person would get a decent few £ for if they sold it instead and it seems to get jumped on pretty quickly. And yes there are a fair few stupid wanted requests. However you're not allowed to post as wanted request until you've given at least a few things away.
Old 26 March 2010, 12:28 PM
Will
BANNED

I've given loads away on it. And I've had the odd cheecky bast*rds sending me their address when i stated that the item must be picked up and will not be delivered.