Corrupt Labour at it again!

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2010, 07:02 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corrupt Labour at it again!

Revealed: Labour’s cash for influence scandal - Times Online

Conservative MP's were approached as well, but they turned it down.
Old 21 March 2010, 07:31 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From your obvious dislike of NL i can only read into it that you too are a secret **** and far right winger through and through, no other explaination is possible. You could deny it all day long and as oftern as you like, it just makes you more guilty in my eyes

Apparently the Dispatches programme is on tomorrow evening, should make interesting viewing!

Hoof the baffoon describes himself as a 'cab for hire' Well geoff the word to describe you begins with a 'C' for sure

That is as long as i have finished my Monday night p@ki bashing and polishing my collection of iron crosses that is

Last edited by The Zohan; 21 March 2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 21 March 2010, 08:52 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
From the Beeb ... BBC News - Ex-ministers in 'cash for influence' row under fire ...

"... Questioned about the newspaper's claims by the BBC's Andrew Marr, Mr Darling said: ... "But really, what on earth did they think they were doing?" ...".

Actually Alastair they were doing exactly what you were doing when you flipped your 'main home' designation 4 times in 4 years! Funny that. God, I do hope we have a 'hung' parliament, then drawn and quartered .....

Dave
LOL - whoever we get at the next election they need watching and holding to account - ideally not by each other!

Last edited by The Zohan; 21 March 2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 21 March 2010, 09:36 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

So, when I spoil my vote by putting a line through them all and commenting :no confidence in any:, would it cause me any problems if I also added, they are all greedy, self serving, robbing barstewards
Old 21 March 2010, 09:59 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
That is as long as i have finished my Monday night p@ki bashing and polishing my collection of iron crosses that is
Aha! So you finally admit it then?
Old 21 March 2010, 10:49 PM
scud8
Scooby Regular

I'm surprised Pete hasn't been along to comment/make excuses.

This was the kind of stuff that bought the Major government down, but that was only backbenchers. With Labour it seems to be ex-Ministers pedalling their influence over sitting ministers. So much for Blair's "whiter than white" government.
Old 21 March 2010, 11:10 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Pete never appears when his leftie mates are in the mire - he's only happy when his one-sided views have easier targets.
Old 22 March 2010, 11:15 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
So, when I spoil my vote by putting a line through them all and commenting :no confidence in any:, would it cause me any problems if I also added, they are all greedy, self serving, robbing barstewards
I would not think so for a moment, they won't even look at spoiled votes.

It also won't do anything to at least get a different lot in government which can't possibly be worse than this lot of corrupt incompetents and who might even do a better job.

Les
Old 22 March 2010, 01:22 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
Revealed: Labour’s cash for influence scandal - Times Online

Conservative MP's were approached as well, but they turned it down.
Corrupt Scoobynetters at it again Intellectually corrupt that is
Old 22 March 2010, 01:29 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

I'll sell my vote to the highest bidder
Old 22 March 2010, 01:36 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Feet in the trough again..................
Old 22 March 2010, 04:41 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by coolangatta
Corrupt Scoobynetters at it again Intellectually corrupt that is
Not quite sure how discussing current front page news that is in the public interest makes me intellectually corrupt.
Old 22 March 2010, 05:16 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Leslie
I would not think so for a moment, they won't even look at spoiled votes.

It also won't do anything to at least get a different lot in government which can't possibly be worse than this lot of corrupt incompetents and who might even do a better job.

Les
I hear what you are saying, Les. Honestly, I have no idea who to trust and would rather register my disgust at them all with a spoilt vote, than vote for the sake of it.

Not meaning to hijack here, but a couple of the lads at work are kicking off about HMRC going back 5 years to see if they can claw back anymore tax from them. They managed. About £16 a month for private health insurance they had. What a sorry state of affairs. They must be desperate for cash and are prepared to get some by fair means or foul. Why, so they can line their own pockets some more
Old 22 March 2010, 06:07 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
Not quite sure how discussing current front page news that is in the public interest makes me intellectually corrupt.
Sorry, I was being flippant and generalising. No intention to insult you personally
Old 22 March 2010, 06:47 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by coolangatta
Sorry, I was being flippant and generalising. No intention to insult you personally
Ok, no probs!
Old 23 March 2010, 01:05 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
I hear what you are saying, Les. Honestly, I have no idea who to trust and would rather register my disgust at them all with a spoilt vote, than vote for the sake of it.

Not meaning to hijack here, but a couple of the lads at work are kicking off about HMRC going back 5 years to see if they can claw back anymore tax from them. They managed. About £16 a month for private health insurance they had. What a sorry state of affairs. They must be desperate for cash and are prepared to get some by fair means or foul. Why, so they can line their own pockets some more
I agree with you completely Lee. Most politicians have shown themselves to be morally bereft as far as the expenses affair is concerned. Unfortunately we can't kick them all out and someone has to run the country.

What we all have to decide is whether we can continue with the present bunch of imcompetent oiks who will throw all our cash away as they have demonstrated so well, or whether there is a chance that "Dave" and his lot might get us into some kind of financial recovery before everything goes irretrievably TU.

I think the odds show that giving the others the chance is our only hope. A hung government is a dead loss!

I also think that the rules should not permit any MP to make use of his privileged position to lobby on behalf of anyone especially when they can make so much cash out of it. The possible downside of that is obvious enough!

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 23 March 2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 23 March 2010, 01:10 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I agree with you completely Lee. Most politicians have shown themselves to be morally bereft as far as the expenses affair is concerned. Unfortunately we can't kick them all out and someone has to run the country.

What we all have to decide is whether we can continue with the present bunch of imcompetent oiks who will throw all our cash away as they have demonstrated so well, or whether there is a chance that "Dave" and his lot might get us into some kind of financial recovery before everything goes irretrievably TU.

I think the odds show that giving the others the chance is our only hope. A hung government is a dead loss!

I also think that the rules should not permit any MP to make use of his privileged position to lobby on behalf of anyone especially when they can make so much cash out of it. The possible downside of that is obvious enough!

Les
Hi Les,

it was around half of the MP's who where found to have abused the system, not most.

I do feel some sympathy for those who have not abused their positions of trust and power mind.
Old 23 March 2010, 01:29 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

What really get to me is that none of this corrupt lot have come out in public and said I'm Sorry.
Old 23 March 2010, 01:34 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Altogether rather grubby...
Well, you would know wouldn't you Mandelson?
Old 23 March 2010, 01:45 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Hi Les,

it was around half of the MP's who where found to have abused the system, not most.

I do feel some sympathy for those who have not abused their positions of trust and power mind.
Ok Paul, I have to admit I do not know numbers or the percentage.

Those who did of course, apart from effectively stealing public money did the House a great disservice, as have those into lobbying for cash.

No good them saying what the rules said, they made their own morally wrong rules anyway.

Les