Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

MCAT? MeowMeow ??

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2010, 12:24 AM
speedymonkey
Scooby Regular

Location: On the PC, sipping a beer and listing to old skool choons :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MCAT? MeowMeow ??

What are peoples views on this this?

This has been doing the rounds between some of my mates for ages......all of which have had good experiences of it TBH

I know its been in the limelight over the last few weeks, and it would seem that that the media have now labled it a 'killer drug' as a couple of people have necked way to much after an already heavy night, ending up in their death

Not trying to rock the boat, but is this mass panic around the stuff really warranted, or is it a media fenzy to sell papers and create panic??

Im totally on the fence on this
Old 19 March 2010, 12:30 AM
scud8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speedymonkey
What are peoples views on this this?

This has been doing the rounds between some of my mates for ages......all of which have had good experiences of it TBH

I know its been in the limelight over the last few weeks, and it would seem that that the media have now labled it a 'killer drug' as a couple of people have necked way to much after an already heavy night, ending up in their death

Not trying to rock the boat, but is this mass panic around the stuff really warranted, or is it a media fenzy to sell papers and create panic??

Im totally on the fence on this
Completely evil stuff, should have been illegal ages ago. A friend of my daughter's was found dead a couple of months ago after overdosing on it. It gets addictive very quickly and it takes more and more to get the same high, and it can be very variable how quickly the high comes on - which is why people are overdosing. If your mates are taking it make sure they know how much they can safely take and if a high is slower than normal coming on don't be tempted to take more.
Old 19 March 2010, 12:33 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Natural Selection at work
Old 19 March 2010, 08:18 AM
twooo
Scooby Regular

It's a media/police spin thing. The police want it banned so they put pressure on the media to put a really bad spin on anything to with the stuff. Those two lads who died had already been drinking massive amounts and apparently taken a few other things too alongside the meowmeow, but theire death is being atttributed to it in order to hurry through the banning of it.

The problem is that it is a genuine product, a plant food. It works, and works well. Just because a few ********* decide to eat or hoover it up shouldn't necessarily mean it should be banned. After all, if you drink bleach it'll probably kill you but there are are no calls to ban that, are there? People have been sniffing glue for years, there's no ban on superglue.

I'm neither for or against the actual product. If people want to abuse a product then they will. Having a nanny state where we enforce people to have no responsibility for themselves isn't going to help at all. IMO, if you are going to stick something up your nose or swallow something that has quite clear instructions on it that says NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION then you accept all responsibility for your actions and health afterwards. If you die, it's your fault. If you have a good time, then bully for you.

Plus, it's £10 a gram at the moment, some of which is tax which goes to the government. Making it Class A will push the price up to £20-£30 a gram (because dealers will have to factor-in risk. Risk=money) and ALL profits will go to the dealer, rather than at least some of it going towards the NHS, Education and duck houses.
Old 19 March 2010, 08:32 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by what would scooby do

Not being into any drugs (apart from alcohol) I can't see the attraction. If it's causing people to die then maybe it should be classified as a class A drug?
Old 19 March 2010, 08:33 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Never done me any harm. Typical media bull**** frenzy. If your going to go stupid with anything its all gonna get you in the end be it Beer, ****, coke, pills etc etc.
Old 19 March 2010, 09:45 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

You can buy it from a shop just down the road from my mates carwash, mate has had it, so has his staff (not at work i hope pmsl) and his brother.

They all loved it, claiming it was like "the good old days"

Me personally i gave all that stuff up years ago and have not touched anything for a very long time, decided to use my life a bit more productively
The thing is, these new legal highs are so close to "real" drugs in the makeup, it turns out they are like super concentrated versions of the crap on the "real" market.

Hence why people get into trouble.

Anyway, i commentated to the missus while watching the news that i would not be suprised if.

1. the two lads were doing all kinds.
2. the two lads had not mixed it with something else.
3. somebody supplied them with "real" gear and they made up a story of it being legal to get off the hook (cunning)

The thing is, parents don't have a clue half the time, "ohh my son would NEVER" etc etc
My parents were cluless until i told them, then they just put it down to me being the bad egg who always got into trouble, pretty much every youngun on the estate was popping E`s like they were going out of fashion
Old 19 March 2010, 10:20 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I think it's hilarious the media coverage. I cant help thinking it's an episode of brass eye.

YouTube - Brass Eye: The Horrors of Cake Edit
Old 19 March 2010, 10:23 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

People out there are making a killing from this stuff though I bet. No pun intended. Now's the time to get into dealing it I say and make some fast money.
Old 19 March 2010, 10:23 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by what would scooby do

Spot on!!

You have to wonder about the actual worth to society of a person that will take plant food as a recreational drug.
Old 19 March 2010, 10:42 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Timwinner

Spot on!!

You have to wonder about the actual worth to society of a person that will take plant food as a recreational drug.
As apposed to the vast amounts of people who eat various plants as a recreational drug ?

Never had some mushrooms?
Although they are not really class a
Old 19 March 2010, 10:51 AM
Dr.No
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gpssti4

Not being into any drugs (apart from alcohol) I can't see the attraction. If it's causing people to die then maybe it should be classified as a class A drug?
LOL that's very odd rationale, from someone that openly states he consumes the most common recreational drug - alcohol. It probably causes more deaths per year than the illegal stuff combined - so using your logic should be rated class A???????

Hmmmmmmm....
Old 19 March 2010, 11:10 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Spot on!!

What a ****
Old 19 March 2010, 11:15 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonny_693
What a ****
Im a **** because I think its stupid to take plant food as a recreational drug...... Please expand on this, tell me why it makes me a ****.
If you are going to throw insults around at least back them up with an argument as opposed to just using one syllable words and emoticons.....
Now your argument is this:
I think its smart for people to take plant food, that is CLEARLY marked not fit for human consumption, as a recreational drug because...

Last edited by Timwinner; 19 March 2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 19 March 2010, 12:01 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

I can't say I know anyone who has sniffed this crap up their nose, but I have known people including myself, to take all sorts of other things.

When your young/stupid and after some kicks (or all three) I think you will just about try anything once, and if it doesn't hurt or kill you, i'll bet you would do it again.

It's one of those things, so yes, it is the media making a big load of hype over it.

I'm sure I could go to my local supermarket and buy several bottles of Vodka/Whiskey etc, produce my ID and tell them ''i'm off to have a lonely party all on my own, see you on the other side'' and i'm sure they would wave me off while I salute.

Nobody would probably care.
Old 19 March 2010, 12:06 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

It's a chemical that has an effect on the body just as many others people take. If people want to then let them. People inhale nicotine every day and it's accepted.
Old 19 March 2010, 12:06 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Spot on!!

Probably the same people who snort Shake-n-Vac, which they claim has similar properties.
Old 19 March 2010, 12:09 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Probably the same people who snort Shake-n-Vac, which they claim has similar properties.
Really...

I can't imagine how it would feel!
Old 19 March 2010, 12:18 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983
Really...

I can't imagine how it would feel!
Like someone had put the freshness back

YouTube - Shake and Vac
Old 19 March 2010, 12:27 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Shake and Bake, just a bit of repackaging and it could revive hoovering as a daily pleasure.
Old 19 March 2010, 12:33 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Oh yes I think we should make it illegal. After all, just look at the resounding success of the prohibition policy on other drugs. I mean, making it illegal will surely discourage people from taking it.
Old 19 March 2010, 12:36 PM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Im a **** because I think its stupid to take plant food as a recreational drug...... Please expand on this, tell me why it makes me a ****.
If you are going to throw insults around at least back them up with an argument as opposed to just using one syllable words and emoticons.....
Now your argument is this:
I think its smart for people to take plant food, that is CLEARLY marked not fit for human consumption, as a recreational drug because...
You are **** for generalising people who take recreational drugs as being worthless to society, a drain. Have you lived a very sheltered life or do you just repeat what you have read in the Daily mail/Sun? If it is marked not fit for human consumption its marked that way as a disclaimer. The properties of the stuff is more MDMA (thats exctasy to you) than plant food which is a name the stuff has adopted for being sold on the internet. I suppose you go out, spend £120 on getting tanked up, ralf up, get a takeaway, start on someone, end up in A+E and throw some abuse at a few nurses. Oh, then feel like sh*t the next day.
Old 19 March 2010, 12:46 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by JackClark
Shake and Bake, just a bit of repackaging and it could revive hoovering as a daily pleasure.
Old 19 March 2010, 12:50 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonny_693
You are **** for generalising people who take recreational drugs as being worthless to society, a drain. Have you lived a very sheltered life or do you just repeat what you have read in the Daily mail/Sun? If it is marked not fit for human consumption its marked that way as a disclaimer. The properties of the stuff is more MDMA (thats exctasy to you) than plant food which is a name the stuff has adopted for being sold on the internet. I suppose you go out, spend £120 on getting tanked up, ralf up, get a takeaway, start on someone, end up in A+E and throw some abuse at a few nurses. Oh, then feel like sh*t the next day.
Ok point 1,
I said people that take plant food as a recreational drug dont seem to bright, and I stand by that. Not all drug users.
Point 2:
Before I changed to a professional career I worked in Music for many many years, I have lead far from a sheltered life but I still think taking plant food is stupid.
Point 3:
I dont read the mail/sun, Now you are generalising in as much as you are suggesting people who think taking plant food is stupid read tabloids.
Point 4:
If it has a disclaimer saying HUMANS DO NOT TAKE then I stand by the comments that it makes a person stupid if they ignore that warning.
Point 5:
methadrone contains NO MDMA
Point 6:
While we are on the generalising theme you assumption that I go out and get "tanked" puke, eat takeaways and swear at nurses has as much foundation as your initial argument.
I am a married man with a child on the way, I have never and will never be one of those people.

Still I am not hearing you reply to the debate. Remember the stance you have taken is this.
I think its smart to take plant food marked NOT FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION because.......
Old 19 March 2010, 12:52 PM
andys
Scooby Regular

Well I try to keep an open mind on this. I do wonder about the long term effects on the brain and body. I know there where the scare stories about the E generation being a bunch of manic depressives by the time they where 40. Fortunately this seems no to be the case but is that more down to luck than judgement? Maybe with Mephedrone we might not be so lucky?
At least with illegal drugs there have been studies undertaken and we are fairly clear on the long term effects.

Last edited by andys; 19 March 2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 19 March 2010, 01:00 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

To save confusion :

Methadrine = methamphetamine. Commonly prescribed for ADHD.
Methadone = heroin subsititute commonly prescribed to heroin addicts.
Mephedrone = MCAT, substance du jour
Old 19 March 2010, 01:07 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

This drug is already making an impact on to the way of lives for many people.

Yesterday, an emergency call was placed to our call centre, by a 12 year old girl. Three officers were dispatched to the scene as the summary of the emergency was that there was a group of almost twenty 15-18 year olds outside the house of this young girl.

Why? This young girl was unfortunate enough to be home alone while her sister was at the hospital receiving a check-up after taking this stuff.

The sister's school had found out the elder sister had taken it and also found out who else had been taking it. These other kids then received a bollocking from their school and then headed round to see the girl they thought had grassed them up.

It turned out that the girl wasn't there, but little sis was. The group of teenagers were hammering on the door, pushing threatening notes through the door, trampling the garden and ripping up plants and garden furniture as their intended target was not there.

Unluckily, the young girl only recognised one offender who we picked up shortly after. Luckily, we got this one, the ring leader, before she got to big sister. I'm sure such a large group would have inflicted some serious punishment on the girl if they had got their hands on her.

In terms of what is it costing the public? Well you've got the police involvement in man hours and resources, legal representatives etc, both sets of parents had to leave work early, and then there is the trauma caused to the young girl which you can't put a price on. If there had been physical violence, then there would have been an huge increase in both financial, physical and emotional costs.

This is simply one incident. If this can be prevented from being repeated, I'm all for it. More time for us to get out there and target Billy Burglar who broke in to your granny's house and stole her life savings.
Old 19 March 2010, 01:09 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

How much is cocaine?

100g of Mephodrone is £595 -- wow! From here: 100g Mephedrone

Steve
Old 19 March 2010, 01:25 PM
twooo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
How much is cocaine?
Typically, £40-£50 a gram. Why, what's that got to do with it?

Quick Reply: MCAT? MeowMeow ??