Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Phone screen - Ebay (again)

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2010, 03:33 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone screen - Ebay (again)

I've had my W960i for over 2 years now and the screen went about a week ago. I found a company on Ebay who did replacements for £36 delivered so I thought "great, order one and fit it myself when it comes".

Came a couple days afterwards and I got chance to fit it on Friday evening. Looked all good and fit well inside the casing. When switched on, all the buttons worked fine and the touch screen was coolio.

But today it's proper fecked. It's basically bled really bad on the right side and has pixelated so the rest of the screen is unreadable, like when you used to look at an old CRT tv close up and see the red/blue/green lines

I've had the phone as said for over 2 years with no issues and it's never been abused or dropped about etc. So I've emailed the company on Ebay explaining whats happened and I'm awaiting their response. I've asked for a refund or a replacement as I think the item must be of very poor quality to bleed after only 2 days. Company has a good feedback and I've been honest with what I've said (I have 100% feedback) so fingers crossed.

Any ideas what I could do IF they go all funny buggers with me? Hopefully they won't.

Ta
Old 14 March 2010, 04:15 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a new phone you tight tw*t
Old 14 March 2010, 04:26 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
Get a new phone you tight tw*t
Due to my shot credit rating (after I couldn't pay certain bills when loosing my job a couple years back) I would probably struggle to get a fresh contract. I can however wait until August and simply renew the Vodafone contract that I already have as they don't seem to do the same rigourous checks as with a fresh one (or my experiences indicate).

My phone has Satnav etc on it so it would seem pointless to spend money I haven't got on a handset for a few months. This is why I spent £36 on a new screen so I could use a phone with everything I require.
Old 14 March 2010, 05:55 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Due to my shot credit rating (after I couldn't pay certain bills when loosing my job a couple years back) I would probably struggle to get a fresh contract. I can however wait until August and simply renew the Vodafone contract that I already have as they don't seem to do the same rigourous checks as with a fresh one (or my experiences indicate).

My phone has Satnav etc on it so it would seem pointless to spend money I haven't got on a handset for a few months. This is why I spent £36 on a new screen so I could use a phone with everything I require.
I'll let you off this time then
Old 14 March 2010, 07:11 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
I'll let you off this time then
Well I'm "negotiating" with Nat about possibly getting a new contract but in her name. I fancy an iPhone since Vodafone do them now.

Shes on a rolling 30 day contract (in my name) which I could either cancel or maybe update myself. So I could give her my contract which is only £15 p/m and get another. Will see what Vodafone say as I may cut my losses with the W960 after I've got some ££ back or at least tried to get a replacement screen seeing as theres was frankly ****.
Old 14 March 2010, 09:48 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Well I'm "negotiating" with Nat about possibly getting a new contract but in her name. I fancy an iPhone since Vodafone do them now.

Shes on a rolling 30 day contract (in my name) which I could either cancel or maybe update myself. So I could give her my contract which is only £15 p/m and get another. Will see what Vodafone say as I may cut my losses with the W960 after I've got some ££ back or at least tried to get a replacement screen seeing as theres was frankly ****.
It would probably be best to just upgrade the 30 day to a proper contract or just add an additional contract to the account then cancel the 30 day as they may not do a credit check. when we (i work for orange) do that we only do a check within our company, so not a proper credit check, but a customer profile check, as we have all of the customers details already

The way that works is basically if you've had up to date payments for the last 3 or so months then they will let you have another. But do double check this with vodafone as i am not sure on their exact terms.

Hope this is of some help.
Old 14 March 2010, 10:19 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18
It would probably be best to just upgrade the 30 day to a proper contract or just add an additional contract to the account then cancel the 30 day as they may not do a credit check. when we (i work for orange) do that we only do a check within our company, so not a proper credit check, but a customer profile check, as we have all of the customers details already

The way that works is basically if you've had up to date payments for the last 3 or so months then they will let you have another. But do double check this with vodafone as i am not sure on their exact terms.

Hope this is of some help.
Think that must be the case for Vodafone too dude, as I got a 12 month "sim only" contract when my original 18 month one ran out last august. I expected them to ask all sorts of questions and expected to be turned down. But nope, they were fine, and kept the same number too. I've been with them for 6-7 years and I'm happy enough to be honest. May call them tomorrow and see whats what.

Trending Topics

Old 15 March 2010, 04:00 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Had a reply from "uk mobi/choice" or whatever they call themselves.

Hi
Please send back to below address for replacement or refund, don?t forget to include your ebay item number, indicate what?s the exact problem of item your returned and an attached note on how you wish to proceed. Please be advised that we DO NOT have a Special Delivery contract with Royal Mail, and therefore ask that you DO NOT use this service to send any item back, thanks.

Seems fair enough, so I've written a short letter explaining that I'm not happy with the quality and mentioned the Sales of Goods Act 1979, not fit for purpose/unsatisfactory quality etc. Nothing snipy or aggressive, just firm and I've asked for a refund of the original £35.99. I'll be happy with that, will buy a screen from a better source and sell it cheap to get rid.
Old 15 March 2010, 06:05 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Good news all round then. If you get an iPhone get a 32GB one. i know you will fill up your memory with music straight away otherwise
Old 15 March 2010, 06:53 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Good news all round then. If you get an iPhone get a 32GB one. i know you will fill up your memory with music straight away otherwise
Think I may just get the 8gb one otherwise I'll be looking at a ££ contract OR money towards the phone.

8gb is plenty for me as it's what my SE has and thats been fine. I don't really put seperate tracks on, more so recorded mixes of my own or trance radio shows from the likes of Sander or Van Buuren
Old 15 March 2010, 07:13 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Think I may just get the 8gb one otherwise I'll be looking at a ££ contract OR money towards the phone.

8gb is plenty for me as it's what my SE has and thats been fine. I don't really put seperate tracks on, more so recorded mixes of my own or trance radio shows from the likes of Sander or Van Buuren
Fair point. Don't forget about podcasts. i have a couple by van doorn

oh quick question, have you heard richard durrands new tune? What a tuune.
Old 15 March 2010, 07:22 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Fair point. Don't forget about podcasts. i have a couple by van doorn

oh quick question, have you heard richard durrands new tune? What a tuune.
Remind me what it's called as I'm really into Sander since Digital Society's 3rd Brithday bash. Daisy and Renegade are on speed dial
Old 15 March 2010, 07:27 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Tigers apology. both the hectic mix and original are very good. i can't decide which i prefer. was only released today on magic music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS-3lPiVv3E
Old 15 March 2010, 07:44 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Tigers apology. both the hectic mix and original are very good. i can't decide which i prefer. was only released today on magic music.

YouTube - Richard Durand - Tiger's Apology (Original Mix)
Hmm, will have to download it and get the Sennheisers on.

Into Brent Sadowick at the minute. His remix of Sanders Renegade 2010 Trance energy theme is quality.

Whats your Farcebook dude?
Old 15 March 2010, 07:55 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

YHPM. Ill check that out now i haven't heard it yet.
Old 19 March 2010, 09:46 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Just to updaye:

Emails passed and the screen was sent back (recorded delivery just incase).

Recieved an apology and full refund this afternoon. I've ordered another screen from a reputable UK company and am waiting to pop it in.

Phones up for sale now as I've got me an iPhone on a good deal with my contract.

https://www.scoobynet.com/private-sa...-speakers.html

Just waiting for new screen to come and shes good to go.