Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Vorderman

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2010, 11:14 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vorderman

She may be older thinking man's totty - but she is on Question Time and is an unbelievably mouthy, selfish and self-regarding speaker. And that is sitting next to Will Self!

And even by hogging all the conversation, she adds lots of heat but brings to bear no light!
Old 04 March 2010, 11:28 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

She was on the Alan Ticthmarsh show looking hot the other day

I am watching BBC4 now who would believe it lead singer of a band that has sold 70 million albumns and he flys the Boeing Jumbo jet (tour bus )as a hobby between gigs
Old 04 March 2010, 11:37 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

As far as I'm aware he's not cleared to fly 747s
Old 04 March 2010, 11:38 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

She'd struggle on Loose Women let alone Question Time on that performance.
Will Self should be on every week IMHO.
Old 04 March 2010, 11:41 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

She was dreadful!

And that singer famously got involved in the repatriation of all those people who were stranded when that airline went bust a couple of years ago.
Old 04 March 2010, 11:53 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Sorry he is flying a 757

Still one heck of an achievement and between the gigs where he is singing, he doesnt just stand down stage centre either
Old 04 March 2010, 11:56 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

I swore never to watch Countdown when Vorderman lost her £800,000 per annum job doing it.

HOWEVER

Rachel Riley (A Snip at £100K) has changed my mind! She might have a slightly grating voice but BY GOD is she a sight for sore eyes!! Woof Woof - Hellllllllllooooooo
Old 05 March 2010, 06:31 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The problem with Vorderman is the she BELIEVES she is the most intelligent person in any gathering, ans the papers have been making her out to be for years.
Old 05 March 2010, 08:12 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Adrian F
She was on the Alan Ticthmarsh show looking hot the other day

I am watching BBC4 now who would believe it lead singer of a band that has sold 70 million albumns and he flys the Boeing Jumbo jet (tour bus )as a hobby between gigs
I was bored by Question Time to so flicked around to hear the Churchill "Fight them on the beaches" speech followed by the opening bars of Aces High!

I ran downstairs to Sky + it!

I used to go to their tours regularly in the late 80s and 90s. Might have to see if they are doing any shows this year other than the festival at Knebworth.

Steve
Old 05 March 2010, 09:18 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

she came over as the small minded vindictive b1tch she is

Will Self pricked the hubris of them all brilliantly (apart from Shirley Williams)

Boris -- just a dangerous buffoon
Old 05 March 2010, 09:24 AM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

She was absolutely awful ..... she went down in most persons opinion last night, I'm sure!

Will Self was great - his dead pan delivery appeals to me ...

Boris, well FFS ... typical Tory - hasn't a clue what's going on ... lives in this public school type fantasy world ... weird?
Old 05 March 2010, 09:29 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
She was absolutely awful ..... she went down in most persons opinion last night, I'm sure!

Will Self was great - his dead pan delivery appeals to me ...

Boris, well FFS ... typical Tory - hasn't a clue what's going on ... lives in this public school type fantasy world ... weird?
Typical Tory? Hmmmm, at long last pinning your colours to the mast.

Seriously though, I need to see this. It sounds like she committed political suicide.

As for Boris Johnson, he has been sent to Coventry by the Tories in my book. Put him somewhere where he can do the least damage. I cant slate him too much after the tackle he put in against some Bosch celebrity on that Eng V Ger match!!
Old 05 March 2010, 10:25 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Great question from the audience last night...

'Boris, if you don't know something why can't you just say so?'!!!

Vorderman was caught out by Dimbleby. She was ranting on about politicians not being open and then he pointed out that she was supporting and endorsing the Conservative party.

She was shrill last night - the only way to shut her up would be to shove something in her mouth...

...oh hang on
Old 05 March 2010, 10:51 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

No Vorderman thread is complete without a pic of......

Rachel Riley

Old 05 March 2010, 11:29 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I don't have a problem with Vorderman. Will Self - the most miserable sounding commentator on TV - was good. An obviously intelligent guy whose comments on the Bulger/Venables thing were interesting and actually got a good audience response. Boris had had a haircut but was a bit full of himself and plain stupid when he started to talk about his London savings success in the context of national defence cuts. Shirley is well, just Shirley.

More of George Galloway I say!

I thought they all missed a trick in not mentioning Michael Foot as one of the last honorable politicians, even for those who diidn't agree with him. dl
Old 05 March 2010, 12:24 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

She has a penetrating and somewhat irritating voice. In fact a lot of what she said was good sense.

Les
Old 05 March 2010, 01:54 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

A good balanced view there!

No doubt you probably thought Carole was a bit liberal for your tastes too!
Old 05 March 2010, 02:21 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B

Rachel Riley
Words can't express how much I would want some of that.

Watched a bit of QT. Wife found the anti-climax that is Lord Adonis highly amusing. Vordy did seem a bit shouty. Only watched it because of Boris - if he were the leader of a political party I would not care what their policies were I'd vote for him.
Old 05 March 2010, 02:23 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Is it just me - or does anyone else think Riley's bum sticks out a little bit too much given how skinny she is?
Old 05 March 2010, 02:33 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

I think that as adults we cannot really judge what ten year old kids think about moral standards, or what motivates.

What we can guess is that whilst there will be a clear distinction as to what is right and wrong, this is probably not in the same sense of the perception of right and wrong in an adult mind.

A ten year old is also likely to have a less well development sense of the moral and ethical consequences of their actions.

Their moral compass will also have limited development based on the context within which they are living.

It is a complex subject, an horrific crime and one that has no easy answers although one that creates an emotional response that demands easy condemnation.
Old 05 March 2010, 02:33 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Trout
Is it just me - or does anyone else think Riley's bum sticks out a little bit too much given how skinny she is?
I know, awesome isn't it.
Old 05 March 2010, 03:06 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Its just you. Looks ace from where I'm sat.
Old 05 March 2010, 03:23 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Well I disagree, I know damn well my now 12 year old son knew at the age of 10 (and a lot younger) he must not hurt an animal let alone another child

At 10 they are not babies FFS and fully capable of knowing right from wrong. What they did was calculated and evil, it wasn't opportunistic but planned from start to finish. So any liberal views on how they were oh so young and didn't know what they were doing is complete bullsh!t in my opinion and typical liberal pandering.
So to extrapolate your logic then ten year olds should be allowed to vote, or sit on a jury, or be a judge, or get married, or be babysitters, or be in many other positions where they are able to utilise their full capability to know what is right or what is wrong.

Would you advocate this or would this be more liberal pandering?
Old 05 March 2010, 03:43 PM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

as stated it looks fine to me, it just made's it better for slamming
Old 05 March 2010, 05:24 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I think that as adults we cannot really judge what ten year old kids think about moral standards, or what motivates.

What we can guess is that whilst there will be a clear distinction as to what is right and wrong, this is probably not in the same sense of the perception of right and wrong in an adult mind.

A ten year old is also likely to have a less well development sense of the moral and ethical consequences of their actions.

Their moral compass will also have limited development based on the context within which they are living.

It is a complex subject, an horrific crime and one that has no easy answers although one that creates an emotional response that demands easy condemnation.

I think that's just about right. Right and wrong is not something that is suddenly learnt and the true moral appreciation goes right into adulthood (if ever). A child's grasp of this can be hugely influenced by its upbringing. If he/she has the s,hit kicked out of him every day then he has no chance to develop normally. So yes you can blame the parents - this is not wishy washy leftie thinking but fact. Taken out of that environment the kid may have a chance.

And of course all this "they were 10 and should know" comments rather beg the question as to where you draw the line. Say a 6 old old stabs his sister with a kitchen knife. He probably knows it's "wrong" but it's fun for him. Do you send him to prison or hang him?

dl

Last edited by David Lock; 05 March 2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05 March 2010, 05:46 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mmmmm LOOK at the Body on that,damn that's bringing out the Animal in me....

Rachel Riley

[/quote]

Quick Reply: Vorderman