Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2010, 12:22 PM
chris270181
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone help?

hi guys. A colleague of mine has put some joking comments on face book on a wall chat regarding a sick day. Now whats happened is someone from work has seen this and copied and pasted it and sent an email to all the management. And now my colleague has had an almighty bollo.ing. I dont think its right the comment read something like this. might have a sickie lol? What you guys think
Old 06 February 2010, 12:49 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Just to clarify things, your "colleague" posted on their wall "might have a sickie lol?" and has had various replies, probably encouraging them to do this.

If that is the case then your colleague is a little bit foolish to say the least. Unless you have your profile locked down so only your friends can see your wall posts and you know who all your friends are then you're asking for trouble.

There have been other cases where someone has done something similar and is foolish enough to have their boss on their friends list, thus no need for someone to copy and paste, the boss can see it for themselves.

Much as I like my boss, I'm not prepared to have him on my list of friends, and I've things set so that friends of friends cannot see my wall, this is so that if he happens to be friends with a co-worker, he cannot see what I post. There are some things you may wish to post to FB that you don't want your boss knowing about for various reasons.
Old 06 February 2010, 12:53 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

If you're dumb enough to ask people on Face Book if you should take a sickie, where anyone can read it, and obviously someone from work did, then you are indeed an idiot, and not only do you deserve a bollo.ing, but you deserved to be kicked up the bum by everyone you work with too.

Now everytime your mate is actually off ill, the company will assume he's on a "Sickie".
Old 06 February 2010, 01:06 PM
chris270181
Scooby Regular

it was just a wall chat with one other person nothing malice they asked if she was working she had replied yes. Might have a sickie lol. Just thought to copy and paste it ithen email all the bosses is a bit pathetic really. I know what fb can be like so i dont post anything i dont want seen. The reaction of the bosses is a bit too extreme imo really it was obviously a joke.
Old 06 February 2010, 01:15 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

So what help do you want?

You asked if anyone can help?

I would tell your 'friend' to dust off his CV. He wouldn't be the first to lose their job because of stupid things on Facebook.

I had a potential au pair added me as a Facebook friends and so I checked out her pics ( I know) and there was a picture of her in a toilet half naked taking drugs. Needless to say she did not get the job!
Old 06 February 2010, 01:20 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

A colleague at the place I work wrote, "WooHoo - SnowDay!" referring to another day where the place of work was closed due to the weather ........ he, and a few others, got dragged in and in no uncertain terms were told that they 'may' face a disciplinary
Old 06 February 2010, 01:49 PM
chris270181
Scooby Regular

couldnt think of a topic so i put can anyone help. The guy who copied and pasted it is not even a friend on fb. I think after the new fb revisons its reset alot of peoples privacy settings. So basically this guy has been snooping. I just think its wrong that your personal page details should be invaded like that.. I know thats why you have privacy settings etc.
Old 06 February 2010, 02:02 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

It didn;t reset any permissions.. Idiots who didn;t bother to read, reset the permissions themselves.
Old 06 February 2010, 02:03 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

What he said.
Old 06 February 2010, 02:58 PM
chris270181
Scooby Regular

havent been on so i wouldnt know. Just what someone said