Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Virgin media muppets !

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2010, 08:22 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virgin media muppets !

I need to have a rant about how shockingly bad Virgin media is before my head explodes with rage !

I moved last week into my new house. Before doing so I rang VM and asked them about moving my services and what that would entail. They said it was no problem,I would keep the same account number and email address,wouldn't need to start a new contract and they would knock £10 a month off my bill and upgrade me to talk unlimited as i've been with them for over 3 years.

The house had the VM cable already installed so all I needed to do was connect my equipment up and then call them to activate the account.

Well,I called them Monday to tell them I was ready to activate my account. They told me that this was now a new account and my old account would now be closed. I would need to sign a new 12 month contract and pay a months bill in advance. I told them that I was told I wouldn't need to do any of that and they just said that I shouldn't have been told that !

After activation the phone line wouldn't work so they had to book an engineer to come out and repair it which they did on Wednesday,whatever he did then affected the TV as this stopped working. Spent 2 hours on the phone to them getting passed between different departments before they sent a signal down the line to reset the box. After they did that the TV worked but the modem stopped working so I had no internet

Engineer came today who said the modem is old and they have sent a signal out to kill all the old modems but he would call the IT department who will look into

It's working now but they have agreed to send a new modem out on Monday. If they have killed the old one how can it be working now ?

After talking to customer services they agreed that the service I have received is poor and they were going to give me a new TV box to replace my older unit and also a second TV box for upstairs as compensation with no fee's to pay.

They've just called me to say that they aren't going to give me a newer TV box and will only give me a second box if I pay £35 installation and £9.50 a month

I've never experienced such terrible customer service,every person I spoke to had absolutely no idea what they were doing.

I would cancel the lot but I have no idea who provides a quality service for a similar price. I would go to Sky but have heard bad stories about them aswell.

Rant over
Old 05 February 2010, 09:20 PM
JonnyFresh
Scooby Regular

i agree totally.
I only stay with them for the fast internet.
I phoned them up last year and told them I mgiht leave for sky and they basically told me not to let the door hit me on the way out!
Old 05 February 2010, 09:34 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

I always confirm things like that in writing ... difficult for them to get out of stuff when it's written down

TX.
Old 05 February 2010, 09:52 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 340BHP-WRX
I need to have a rant about how shockingly bad Virgin media is before my head explodes with rage !

I moved last week into my new house. Before doing so I rang VM and asked them about moving my services and what that would entail. They said it was no problem,I would keep the same account number and email address,wouldn't need to start a new contract and they would knock £10 a month off my bill and upgrade me to talk unlimited as i've been with them for over 3 years.

The house had the VM cable already installed so all I needed to do was connect my equipment up and then call them to activate the account.

Well,I called them Monday to tell them I was ready to activate my account. They told me that this was now a new account and my old account would now be closed. I would need to sign a new 12 month contract and pay a months bill in advance. I told them that I was told I wouldn't need to do any of that and they just said that I shouldn't have been told that !

After activation the phone line wouldn't work so they had to book an engineer to come out and repair it which they did on Wednesday,whatever he did then affected the TV as this stopped working. Spent 2 hours on the phone to them getting passed between different departments before they sent a signal down the line to reset the box. After they did that the TV worked but the modem stopped working so I had no internet

Engineer came today who said the modem is old and they have sent a signal out to kill all the old modems but he would call the IT department who will look into

It's working now but they have agreed to send a new modem out on Monday. If they have killed the old one how can it be working now ?

After talking to customer services they agreed that the service I have received is poor and they were going to give me a new TV box to replace my older unit and also a second TV box for upstairs as compensation with no fee's to pay.

They've just called me to say that they aren't going to give me a newer TV box and will only give me a second box if I pay £35 installation and £9.50 a month

I've never experienced such terrible customer service,every person I spoke to had absolutely no idea what they were doing.

I would cancel the lot but I have no idea who provides a quality service for a similar price. I would go to Sky but have heard bad stories about them aswell.

Rant over
Cutting a long story short i tried to cancel my services a while back and was told i couldn't because my contract wasnt due to end. A week later i was told that there is no yearly contract and i can leave whenever i want.

I cant leave anyway as i have no BT line
Old 05 February 2010, 10:06 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

I must use a different virginmedia from another dimension as Ive had nothing but good service!

I even managed a £30 a month good will credit for the last two years just because I tried to cancel once and go to Sky.

Also got another V+ installed for free, which a mate of mine couldnt get the very same day he tried.
Old 05 February 2010, 10:12 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK
I must use a different virginmedia from another dimension as Ive had nothing but good service!

I even managed a £30 a month good will credit for the last two years just because I tried to cancel once and go to Sky.

Also got another V+ installed for free, which a mate of mine couldnt get the very same day he tried.
Think yourself very lucky then and NEVER move house and take you're services with you as that's when it all goes wrong !

I'd have been better off cancelling my services and then starting as a new customer in my new house
Old 05 February 2010, 11:12 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

Been using Virgin (telewest) for 9 years. Can't fault them.

Moved without an issue too.
Old 05 February 2010, 11:14 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

In writing only, as posted above, it is a massive company. Pointless trying to do things over the phone, Customer Service have not been trained in the technical aspects, that isn't there job requirement and they have targets to meet.

I worked in MBNA Europe Chester when I was younger, it was the same there, it is considered that phones monkeys are less important, due to the amount of stupidness Vs normal complaints/requests, unless the account ended in a particular way, if so it was transferred to a department who had much more concessions on account management.

Also, the 'letter readers' have a legal obligation placed upon them, phone support have no such restrictions and in there mind set, will never speak to you again, are paid less, more stressed etc Calls are recorded? well that isn't true, it is, but only for 48 hours, with a 4 hours man hour recall after the 24hr period.

Big business are proper dodgy, money is money.
Old 06 February 2010, 11:51 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I have been with Sky for thirteen years and have not had a problem yet.

Les
Old 06 February 2010, 01:09 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

I was with NTL who then became VM and at 1st the change to VM seemed to improve customer service to the level you would expect from the Virgin brands but after a year it went back down to NTL's standard reply of **** U.

Tech support was some daft idiot's the other side of the world who didnt understand English.

The fact that they tie you into long contracts suggests to me that they now their service constantly fails and that people will want to leave before that period of 18 months is up.

To sum up Virgin Media = avoid at all costs
Old 06 February 2010, 07:25 PM
The_Beast
Scooby Regular

Couldn't agree more. I a stuck in a contract with them too and cannot wait to be free of them.

Every time I switch off my router they cut off my broadband so I have to spend hours on the phone trying to sort it out. I now leave the router on all the time. Even now if I go away for more than a week they cut it off.
Old 06 February 2010, 07:50 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The_Beast
Couldn't agree more. I a stuck in a contract with them too and cannot wait to be free of them.

Every time I switch off my router they cut off my broadband so I have to spend hours on the phone trying to sort it out. I now leave the router on all the time. Even now if I go away for more than a week they cut it off.
They've sent me a new 12 month contract that I must sign but I was told before moving that I wouldn't have to.

I've told them i'm not signing it and they've said that I have to as i'm now a new customer. I said to them that if i'm a new customer that I want new equipment to replace my old stuff which is what I would get if I had just signed up.

They are refusing to do that so I won't be signing it
Old 07 February 2010, 09:48 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of these large companies are the same. I had a similar exerience with Talk talk. I moved house and took over the contract (phone and internet) in the house - was all agreed. When I moved in I it worked fine, but later I had a phone bill for circa £300 due to international calls (I worked from home for a Swiss company) - I rang Talk Talk and complained only to be told that I had started a new contract with out the inclusive international calls. Cutting a long story short, it took me about 3 months to cancel as I agreed to give them a chance to put things right. Luckly, I was running a second phone line (BT) along with Orange internet and continued to use that - and still am.
Old 07 February 2010, 09:54 AM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

I have been with both NTL and sky..

Out of the 2 i would definately say Sky has been the better company for me....

In fact i have never had a problem at all,and when the need has arisen to contact customer services i have always had excellent service from them..

NTL on the other hand wouldnt know where to find there @rse in a bumhole picking contest.
Old 07 February 2010, 10:07 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ditch em then and go with sky tv/internet/BT

Last edited by The Rig; 07 February 2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07 February 2010, 09:50 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
what?

You mean modem ? which would suggest an account issue,

To the OP, there is no kill signal to old modems, there is for STB smart cards, but at the end of the day its just like a switch, it can be turned on and off.

Did they move your email over for you ?
I've managed to keep my old email address but they said it might not work for much longer or it may keep working for ever

They really haven't got a clue
Old 07 February 2010, 10:32 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've managed to keep my old email address but they said it might not work for much longer or it may keep working for ever

They really haven't got a clue
YHPM
Old 08 February 2010, 01:30 AM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

YHPM
I sure hope you don't go shirty with him the way you did with me when I didn't give you my sister in laws details, even though I'd solved the problem!
Old 08 February 2010, 06:48 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
I sure hope you don't go shirty with him the way you did with me when I didn't give you my sister in laws details, even though I'd solved the problem!
Don't remember that, but you're a tool, he's not.
Old 08 February 2010, 07:17 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Old 08 February 2010, 11:36 AM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Why, because I wouldn't give you my sis in laws details? Strange little man!
Old 08 February 2010, 11:48 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
Why, because I wouldn't give you my sis in laws details? Strange little man!

I don't remember offering to help you .. I have to say thats my fault for wanting to help you ...

but offering or not, you're still a tool.
Old 08 February 2010, 12:05 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by planko2000
I don't remember offering to help you .. I have to say thats my fault for wanting to help you ...

but offering or not, you're still a tool.
TBF it was a couple of years ago, probably about the same time you posted pics of a lass in the bath you found on the net and claimed she was your GF
Old 08 February 2010, 12:48 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

You still on about that ...

I'm totally insulted.. in fact .. you win .. I give up .. please, please no more ..
Old 08 February 2010, 10:52 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

YHPM
Thanks for your help mate

Someone from the complaints team has been in contact with me so hopefully they'll be able to sort things out for me
Old 09 February 2010, 06:48 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your help mate

Someone from the complaints team has been in contact with me so hopefully they'll be able to sort things out for me
No problem

She's very professional and lives for customer service, if it can be done, she'll make it happen
Old 18 February 2010, 10:57 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Well thanks to pimmo2000 this is all sorted now

VM have offered me a V+ box upgrade which would normally be £99 installation and a monthly fee for free as compensation for my issues

They aren't all muppets after all