Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

M1 roadworks AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2010, 06:04 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry M1 roadworks AGAIN!

I've just been through 3 years of hell commuting from Luton to Watford due to the widening roadworks. Now for the past few weeks I've been stuck on the M1 again every evening cause of the roadworks north of Luton. So is this another 3 years of nightmare traffic on the M1? It's a bloody joke.
Old 04 February 2010, 06:23 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Agreed.

I've been an hour late twice already this week due to these, and a few mins late the other 2 days! On Monday and today the delay reached Northampton.

I need to know what they are doing, and when. Because so far, I see a lot of roadworks, and no one doing anything.

I really want to know who's in charge. Why are we doing 50 when no one is working? Do they expect these delays to last 3 years?
Old 04 February 2010, 07:37 PM
chrisowe
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean it's causing chaos through Dunstable and Houghton Regis as well. I couldn't believe it when I saw the sign saying due to be completed in 2013.
Old 04 February 2010, 10:05 PM
ChrisB

Ping the Highways Agency an e-mail:

Highways Agency - Contact Us

I used that to complain about the terrible state of an important dual carriageway and within a day or so had a reply from the project manager from the contractor looking after the road.
Old 04 February 2010, 10:14 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Yeah, ping them an email. I did about the M3 roadworks and got this back.

Reeks of a standard letter to me.

Dear Sir
Thank you for contacting the Highways Agency Information Line. Your enquiry has been forwarded to EnterpriseMouchel. We are the Managing Agent Contractor, on behalf of the Highways Agency and are responsible for the M3 and these works.
The contra-flow was installed on 17th January and we are currently monitoring the situation with regards to delays caused by this. We anticipate that once people become accustomed to the contra-flow system the delays will be reduced and journey times will improve. Should there be a necessity, we shall look at ways to improve the contra-flow and traffic management system.
We fully understand the frustration that the road works and restrictions can cause, especially during the peak time travelling periods. Please be assured where improvements can be made to cut delays experienced, these will be carried out.
Should you have any further questions or wish to discuss your enquiry, please feel free to contact us.
Yours sincerely