Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is exceeding temporary speed limit non endorsable?

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2001, 12:07 PM
tomstickland
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just received a NIP for doing 48 in a temporary 40mph limit. It was on roadworks near Silverstone at 8.45 on a clear Sunday morning. Oh no, 3 points I thought.
But I've just been reading the speedtrap bible and it says

You should note that exceeding a temporary speed limit is a non-endorsable offence. This means that you can only get a fine, but not have any endorsements (points) applied to your license. Of course, like most things in law, there is an exception, and in this case it's national speed limits (ie. motorways and dual carriageways). If you exceed a temporary limit on a motorway, such as in roadworks, or the controlled-speed section of the M25, then it becomes an endorsable offence, ie. points. This information is in some dispute at the moment, but came from a traffic officer undergoing basic traffic training so I have no reason to believe that it's false.

What do you think?
Old 30 October 2001, 12:12 PM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

I was just about to send you off to the speed trap bible, it would appear that most info on the site is correct, and he is a police officer, and the site is indoresed by the traffic division.

He did have problems giving the number plates and location of marked cars. Have you seen the pictures of the marked scooby on the site?

Hope you don't get the points.

So it is not only me that is having a crap day.

RJP
Old 30 October 2001, 12:35 PM
tomstickland
Scooby Newbie

Well this time last week I had 0 points after 5 years of driving, 2 of which I've not being going slowly.

So I was on the motorway doing 105 in the outside lane. Spotted a patrol car on the bridge. So I slowed down in a non obvious way, doing about 75 by the time I was passing under the bridge.

I kept an eye on the mirror. Sure enough, about 2 minutes later I saw flashing lights. Then they turned the lights off. Pulled in behind me. And sat there. So I inidicated to pull out into middle lane. Then they turned the lights on.

They'd timed me between two bridges and my average speed had been 93mph. SO it was 3 points and fine. Fair cop I say. Next time, ball ***** to being blatant, the brakes are being slammed on.

Oh well.

Then last night I got home to find a letter from Northampton ticket office.

Just ordered a Geodysy system. ***** to the cost.
Old 30 October 2001, 12:53 PM
steve McCulloch
Scooby Regular

Get yourself a Snooper sld 920 laser jammer - I have one and dont like to drive the Scoob without it on

With the Morpheus u get protection but not against the police trying to use the laser gun

Snoopers no is 0161 4563000 to get a list of distributors - mostly car hi-fi places!