Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Banks - credit where credit's due ....

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2010, 12:09 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bank rang me to check if I'd bought a single tune on ITunes ... I hadn't & apparently it's the same thing you mention - crims make a small purchase to see if they get spotted then go in for the kill Good on my bank though

TX.
Old 05 February 2010, 12:18 AM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

You can claim that money spent on phone insurance for the past 18months, if you claim it was mis-sold to you
Old 05 February 2010, 12:28 AM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Lloyds did a similar thing to me not long ago.
Booked some flights to the USA on line but before the transaction had completed my 'phone rang.
Lloyds bank just checking it was actually me using the card.

Impressive service
Old 05 February 2010, 12:43 AM
steffi4
Scooby Regular

has the same thing a few years back. id just given birth to my little girl literally the previous day when i got a call asking me to go into the bank. so off i went and they asked me if id been to hong kong recently haha told them i was in the hospital doing the most painful thing in the world. they then informed me someone had be spending on my card over there. my god did i feel sick.my money was abroad eating suchi!! the total amount was nearlly £800 didnt notice as hadnt really been checking the bank due to being preoccupied with my new gorgeous baby. they reinbursed my money and changed all my details. if it wernt for the bank id never have know...well maybe the next month but still i was extremly grateful to them. they do do good sometimes
Old 05 February 2010, 09:38 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lloyds Bank. W4nkers the lot of them. They've caused me no end of grief over the years, but it's always been better the devil you know.

Just some examples of their bad service:-
I applied for a load and it was accepted on the condition I took out the payment protection insurance. I declined and they declined the loan. I asked to see the manager and it ended in a heated situation with him admitting that he could overturn the decission but refused to do so. The Barsteward of a manager then wrote to my boss (in the RN at the time) onboard my ship about my 'attitude', luckly my boss wasn't interested.
My wife is Brazilian and has a crap, basic account at Lloyds, they took her passport away to inspect and virtually held her in the bank when she tried to withdraw £300.
We recently tried to upgrade her account but it was declined, they don't know why and suggested we check her credit report which we did - all perfect. I took time off work and made an appointment with the branch manager to discuss the wife's account. The manager didn't even turn up! Instead I saw the same girl as previous and she had no power to do anything about the upgrading the account - which I alread knew, hence the appointment witht the manager!

AGGGHHHHHH Lloyds
Old 05 February 2010, 02:02 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

^^ Move accounts as it's your money they're "looking after"

TX.
Old 05 February 2010, 03:36 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Write to the head of Lloyds, marked personal!

Les
Old 05 February 2010, 05:28 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by steffi4
told them i was in the hospital doing the most painful thing in the world.
What getting kicked in the boll**ks

Old 05 February 2010, 05:35 PM
steffi4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by azz250478
What getting kicked in the boll**ks

no pushing out a 6pound 11 ounce human
Old 05 February 2010, 06:06 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
^^ Move accounts as it's your money they're "looking after"

TX.
Have done so, told them I was voting with my feet. In the process of changing to Halifax. Hope they're better than Lloyds. TBH I think that it's generally down to the branch; when I lived in Bucks I had first class service from my local Lloyds branch, now in Penzance it's sh*te.
Old 05 February 2010, 06:30 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Banks - credit where credit's due ....

Well they won't give me any so I'm buggered if they will get any from me............

dl
Old 05 February 2010, 06:31 PM
steffi4
Scooby Regular

best people are alliance and leicester. was with abbey for 17 years. i cant describe them in words that be be put on a forum tho so ill keep it to myself haha
Old 05 February 2010, 06:32 PM
steffi4
Scooby Regular

only good thing they did was warm me bout the fraud and sort it then it all went downhill from there with that bank. weighed up pros and cons and left
Old 05 February 2010, 07:02 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

im with lloyds cerdit card, i roll up at many salvage yards and buy damaged cars, sometimes a few grand at a time or other times just 500 odd, not once have they questioned a transaction lol
Old 05 February 2010, 07:03 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

I walked into the Lymington branch of Lloyds last November and asked to withdraw £3500, they did so, no questions asked, not even a security check of a photo ID or signiture; I held the debit card and knew the PIN, so it must have been mine. However if my wife asks for £300.............
Old 05 February 2010, 07:15 PM
steffi4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gpssti4
I walked into the Lymington branch of Lloyds last November and asked to withdraw £3500, they did so, no questions asked, not even a security check of a photo ID or signiture; I held the debit card and knew the PIN, so it must have been mine. However if my wife asks for £300.............

they usually have to ask for some form of id with withdrawals of that much
Old 05 February 2010, 07:20 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gpssti4
Lloyds Bank. W4nkers the lot of them. They've caused me no end of grief over the years, but it's always been better the devil you know.

Just some examples of their bad service:-
I applied for a load and it was accepted on the condition I took out the payment protection insurance. I declined and they declined the loan. I asked to see the manager and it ended in a heated situation with him admitting that he could overturn the decission but refused to do so. The Barsteward of a manager then wrote to my boss (in the RN at the time) onboard my ship about my 'attitude', luckly my boss wasn't interested.
My wife is Brazilian and has a crap, basic account at Lloyds, they took her passport away to inspect and virtually held her in the bank when she tried to withdraw £300.
We recently tried to upgrade her account but it was declined, they don't know why and suggested we check her credit report which we did - all perfect. I took time off work and made an appointment with the branch manager to discuss the wife's account. The manager didn't even turn up! Instead I saw the same girl as previous and she had no power to do anything about the upgrading the account - which I alread knew, hence the appointment witht the manager!

AGGGHHHHHH Lloyds
About 10 years ago I was setting up my company and I had put every penny I had in to stock, one month I was going to be about £100 short so I asked them to give me £200 overdraft having never gone overdrawn in my life! and they refused it and I have never forgiven them for it!

My wife is also not english and i had all the bull**** with visa stamps checking her passport ringing her embassy etc to open a basic account. About 3 years on my business was doing well and I had a lot of money in my lloyds Business account. My wife asked for a credit card and cheque book, the cashier refused and said can't do it. I went in to the bank later on in the week and said I wanted Cheque book, debit card, credit card for my wife and free platnium account or I wanted all of the money out from my busines account in cash on that day.

They soon gave me everything and still bend the rules for me now, but I will never forget them not giving me the £200 overdraft whe I needed it most.

Better the devil you know...
Old 05 February 2010, 07:21 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by steffi4
they usually have to ask for some form of id with withdrawals of that much
Yes I know, I was actually quite shocked, but didn't want to mention it incase they asked!!!

Not like the time when I rang Lloyds phonebank and informed them that I was buying a car the next day - the scoob - and not to block the transaction for £14,500. They made a note and informed me that it would go through. Guess what - it didn't. The garage tried three times and eventually I had to ring the bank who were quite defensive about it - almost blaming me! "We have to be secure with this amount of money you understand". Even when I told them to read the note on my account they didn't even appologise! Why did I wait so long to change banks
Old 05 February 2010, 07:22 PM
steffi4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
About 10 years ago I was setting up my company and I had put every penny I had in to stock, one month I was going to be about £100 short so I asked them to give me £200 overdraft having never gone overdrawn in my life! and they refused it and I have never forgiven them for it!

My wife is also not english and i had all the bull**** with visa stamps checking her passport ringing her embassy etc to open a basic account. About 3 years on my business was doing well and I had a lot of money in my lloyds Business account. My wife asked for a credit card and cheque book, the cashier refused and said can't do it. I went in to the bank later on in the week and said I wanted Cheque book, debit card, credit card for my wife and free platnium account or I wanted all of the money out from my busines account in cash on that day.

They soon gave me everything and still bend the rules for me now, but I will never forget them not giving me the £200 overdraft whe I needed it most.

Better the devil you know...

my other halfs been with barclays business for ages and they did them same. you pay mega money in but they give you bugger all in return
Old 05 February 2010, 07:25 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
I went in to the bank later on in the week and said I wanted Cheque book, debit card, credit card for my wife and free platnium account or I wanted all of the money out from my busines account in cash on that day.

Good on ya. Don't let the barstewards get away with it.