Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

climate change mistake

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2010, 07:17 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default climate change mistake

Greenpeace's sea ice 'mistake' delights climate change sceptics | Environment | guardian.co.uk

i am a sceptic on climate change as I think are many others on here. This made me smile from ear ear.

discuss......

wheres pslewis..erm i mean sunnysideup when you need him?
Old 03 February 2010, 07:34 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm convinced that man is affecting our home planet in ways that we dont understand. The huge destruction of forested areas. I also believe that we need to look after what we have, surely that makes sense?

I'm also NOT convinced that what we are doing has the destructive results spouted by many climate change scientists. They dont seem to have much hard evidence, and for every scientist for there seems another just as eminent who is against. The refusal of information requests by the U of EA and the use of false data doesnt fill me with confidence that the information is real or reliable.

The other confusing thing to me is how huge increases in taxation is helping the planet????
Old 03 February 2010, 08:43 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Every policy related to AGW and CC seems aimed at increasing taxation and removing liberties. The UN which is mis-perceived as an independent organisation with the aim of doing good for the worlds peoples, is in fact a conglomerate of governments colluding in mass corruption. Anyone wanting a 100% certainty to attach policy and taxation to need look no further than the climate of a planet in close proximity to a star which is inexorably heating up as part of its natural life-cycle, until its and our ultimate demise. The planet is and always has and will be in a permanent state of change. Limestone crags in chilly North Yorkshire in the middle of Britain, in the northern edge of the temperate zone, were formed by the sedimentary deposit of decaying coral at the bottom of a tropical ocean long before man even walked this Earth. To move such massive land masses such great distances would be beyond even modern man and all his technology and machinery. It is wrong to be needlessly wasteful, or recklessly destructive of our environment, but the swingeing restrictions and fiscal penalties these eco-mentalists want to enforce on people is thievery of the highest order. When a man like Al Gore spouts up, just remember that he has amassed a personal fortune in excess of $200m though his preachings since finishing his lacklustre political career, whilst constantly avoiding any debate with any so-called 'sceptic' whom may have the knowledge, credentials and catalogue of facts to out-wit him and disprove his lies. Governments are set to benefit by the bi££ion$, and they justify all their lies with scientist whom are seen to benefit in mi££ion$. It's a win-win situation, with only those mad, bad, denialist dissenting sceptics to keep silenced to maintain the flow of money. Only last week Miliband said he is to 'wage war on CC sceptics', which means he wants to remove our freedom of speech now too.
Old 04 February 2010, 10:58 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I broadly agree with the above posts. Of course we affect the planet as we use its resources and we are lucky that there are so much of those. They have been formed over a very long time and when used up are effectively irreplaceable.

I believe that the attempt to induce panic over the greenhouse effect etc. is wrong and has been instituted for nefarious reasons by the various authorities. We are being conned bigtime!

I do believe it is imperative that we conserve our resources and don't use them up or destroy them wastefully and unnecessarily.

If that is Millimetre's plan, then he wants stuffing!

Les
Old 04 February 2010, 11:27 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Climate change is the new religion. Purely a means to control and tax the masses. I'm all for looking after our planet but hammering the common man for putting the wrong type of carton in his bins when places like China are dumping waste chemicals into the rivers and atmosphere makes it become laughable.
Old 04 February 2010, 11:50 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Originally Posted by r32
I'm convinced that man is affecting our home planet in ways that we dont understand. The huge destruction of forested areas. I also believe that we need to look after what we have, surely that makes sense?

I'm also NOT convinced that what we are doing has the destructive results spouted by many climate change scientists. They dont seem to have much hard evidence, and for every scientist for there seems another just as eminent who is against. The refusal of information requests by the U of EA and the use of false data doesnt fill me with confidence that the information is real or reliable.

The other confusing thing to me is how huge increases in taxation is helping the planet????
Spot on, my feelings entirely