Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The Royal Mail, is it run by Max And Paddy ?

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2010, 05:51 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Royal Mail, is it being run by Max And Paddy ?

Last monday the 4th Jan i ordered 2 things online, one was sent 2nd class on monday afternoon and the other was sent first class on tuesday morning and neither have arrived as yet, i don`t buy into it that the weather has affected them as i`m an HGV driver myself and the bulk of the main trunk roads have been clear even through the snow.

I think Fed Ex and a few other companies have got their fingers in the pie with the postal delivery service, personally i think it will be better all round if someone else comes in and challenges the Royal Mail as its current service has been a bit of a joke for a while now.

I wonder if they will refund people that sent 1st class items over a week and a half ago where the items arrived anywhere upto 2 weeks late ?

We know the answer to that...

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 12 January 2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12 January 2010, 06:13 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

I run a mail order company, the snow has knocked all deliverys!!

eg each parcelforce van delivers about 100 parcels a day, if parcelforce cant deliver for 5 days because of snow they then have 600 parcels to deliver on the 6th day when they reopen. This is not possible so it takes another week to recover, meaning that your parcel that was sent out on a 24hour service but takes 2 weeks to arrive, add in new year and christmas makes it worse! AND add in that people are buying a lot online at the moment because they dont want to go out in the snow.

I have had people phoning up this week saying "wheres my parcel I paid for fast delivery" I then ask if there roads are clear of snow, "oh no there covered in snow, we cant get out" how the hell do they expect a delivery van to get through!
Old 12 January 2010, 06:33 PM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

Max & Paddy would prob do a better job!
Old 12 January 2010, 06:38 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

I agree with what some of you say but not all of it, these were posted by royal mail and not parcel force. On the day i ordered 2 items online i also returned something to a seller which i bought on ebay, i posted that last monday morning by 1st class and where the seller lives is just 8 miles away from me, it worked out cheaper to post then use petrol driving over there.

Anyway, that parcel will have been handled by our local royal mail delivery and sorting depot as it was to the same postcode area. We havn`t had any major snow round this way, just the normal amount and i know for a fact that all the major roads around where the Royal Mail are based and around the surround areas havn`t had any major problems, we are a town area and the parcel was going to a built up area with no problems the seller told me.

Personally i just think the royal mail use any excuses they can grab hold of to cover up the fact that they can`t seem to cope with a major increase in volume especially around xmas time, the items i posted were after xmas and the postie who brought a letter and a small parcel today said that its quitened down a lot now.
Old 12 January 2010, 06:49 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Royal fail are just a joke in my eyes and will use any excuse possible to cover up just how bad they really are.

Richard
Old 12 January 2010, 07:07 PM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

Im waiting for 3 parcels... One sent on the 28th December.1st class recorded delivery and on there site it says "progressing through our delivery system"..

One other posted out on 3rd January (amazon),and another on the 4th January (ebay,recorded)..

Non arrived as yet..

Im not buying the snow theory.Maybe a few days late,but come on nearly three weeks for something that should have taken 3 days max..

Royal sh!te.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12 January 2010, 07:27 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

We are experiencing the same with Royal Mail as Parcelforce. 1st class posted during the christmas and snow , 2 to 3 weeks delivery time.
Old 12 January 2010, 08:27 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!

eg each parcelforce van delivers about 100 parcels a day, if parcelforce cant deliver for 5 days because of snow they then have 600 parcels to deliver on the 6th day when they reopen. This is not possible so it takes another week to recover, meaning that your parcel that was sent out on a 24hour service but takes 2 weeks to arrive, add in new year and christmas makes it worse! AND add in that people are buying a lot online at the moment because they dont want to go out in the snow.

I have had people phoning up this week saying "wheres my parcel I paid for fast delivery" I then ask if there roads are clear of snow, "oh no there covered in snow, we cant get out" how the hell do they expect a delivery van to get through!
Is that all, 100 parcels a day! Christ, I need a new job - nice quiet one at Parcel Force maybe.

I don't believe the snow excuse, 9.5 times out of ten it's bull****. Not once have I been stuck in the snow whilst delivering this year.

The only time the bad snow excuse will rub with me, is if you live in an outlying rural area, Rothbury etc(google map it), ChronicleLive - News - Today's Chronicle - Dedicated nurse stays at hospital for days where the roads are dangerous. Anywhere else it's a load of tosh IMO.
Old 12 January 2010, 08:59 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Rob, i think you are being a little unkind on Max and Paddy
Old 12 January 2010, 09:09 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
+1
Old 13 January 2010, 11:14 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

To be fair, I have to say that we have had no problems with the Royal Mail down here.

Les
Old 13 January 2010, 11:53 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My deliveries thro proper couriers have been held up . Ordered ovenight last wednesday , may get something today ( however we have a inch of slush on the ground !!!! ,so .....) . Rang up suppliers and at least theyve scrubbed the 16 quid delivery charge
Old 13 January 2010, 03:46 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Fair comment Paul, it must be Brian Potter doing the deliveries then with the royal mail using the excuse that the snow is playing havoc with his wheelchair.
Old 13 January 2010, 05:40 PM
CaptainJohn
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I`m sure Max is now managing Liverpool and Paddy is mocking slappers on TV so they can`t be running the royal mail

Old 14 January 2010, 01:12 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

It gets more laughable, i bought something on ebay on tuesday which was posted out on wednsday via 2nd class, that arrived first thing this morning yet i`m still waiting for stuff that was sent out via royal mail over 2 weeks ago.

I also returned an item to an ebay seller on monday 4th Jan and i paid for 1st class, that hasn`t arrived as yet either and its only 8 mile from where i live lol, what a comical service.
Old 14 January 2010, 06:33 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99
It gets more laughable, i bought something on ebay on tuesday which was posted out on wednsday via 2nd class, that arrived first thing this morning yet i`m still waiting for stuff that was sent out via royal mail over 2 weeks ago.

I also returned an item to an ebay seller on monday 4th Jan and i paid for 1st class, that hasn`t arrived as yet either and its only 8 mile from where i live lol, what a comical service.

The reason why you get stuff that was posted yesterday and not the stuff that was posted 2 weeks ago is because the 2 week old stuff is already classified as delayed so in terms of stats it doesn't matter when it gets delivered. The new stuff goes straight through while the backlog gets cleared slowly.
Old 15 January 2010, 02:49 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

it doesn't matter when it gets delivered.
You have come up with a perfect slogan for the royal mail.

Anyway back to what you were saying, of course it matters when post and parcels get delivered. The royal mail have a contract between the person posting an item on a stated and paid for service just like anyone in the retail and service industry has a contract to provide the goods and service that was paid for, the only reason that the royal mail get away with it is because they are allowed to get away with it.

If you went to a resturant and your meal arrived 2 hours late would you accept this ? The answer is we wouldn`t accept that kind of service so why should we have to accept the virtually non existent service that the royal mail are offering at present ?

Personally i think it would shake up the royal mail where if people didn`t get the service that they actually paid for then they get a refund on a set scale of upto 75%, the top and bottom of it is that the royal mail can`t handle increased volumes, its not like the xmas and new year period is a new thing is it ? They have had many years of practice of xmas and new year to get working systems into place.

Waiting 2 weeks + for parcels that were paid for and sent 1st class isn`t acceptable, they should have penalties put in place by someone for this kind of shoddy service.

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 15 January 2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 15 January 2010, 02:57 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I was promised a delivery this Wednesday morning, ordered the item on Friday.

It arrived at 9.30 Wednesday, during heavy snow.

I would say good old Royal Mail well done, but is was not delivered by them by one of their competitors. No suprises there then
Old 15 January 2010, 05:10 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Item posted from london on monday morning via RM 1st class recorded to up here in fife, scotland, as yet still nothing received !!

first class ?? what part off the delivery is that ??!!

DHL courier - picked up around same area on wed pm and item with me following day at 13:00.
Old 15 January 2010, 06:40 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

the answer to your quiries guys is simple

too many managers and not enough posties

in the delivery office where i work,it is rammed to bursting with packets and parcels which simply are not getting delivered,its a small office which over the last 12 months has gone from 100% clearance ever day without fail,to todays situation as our workforce has been cut by near on 50%(30 staff down to 17)and the mail/parcel volumes have increased by around 30%

to be blunt

we NEED more staff,not more managers