Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Man stabbed chasing thieves

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2010, 09:10 AM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Man stabbed chasing thieves

Hi - as a member of humanity and specifically the Sikh community I am proud to know that we have the following people who are still prepared to fight for the rights of others, at the cost of their own lives as in this case:

BBC News - Man stabbed to death chasing muggers in east London

It's a shame that the media have other rubbish to report about and I can't help feeling that it if wasn't an immigrant then it might've had more coverage.

It seems that that we're good at making heroes out of idiotic celebrities but those that have truly deserved the title are shunned to the sidelines!

Condolences to the family!

Jai
Old 10 January 2010, 09:46 AM
cyrusgod
Scooby Regular

Doubt many people could have done that - brave guy, agree about the idiotic celebrities.
Old 10 January 2010, 09:51 AM
gallois
Scooby Regular

sadly i think you are right. This man died a hero. The muggers who killed this man will die lingering deaths and will be forever murderers and cowards.
Old 10 January 2010, 09:54 AM
cyrusgod
Scooby Regular

I wish the muggers would have that experience but in all likelihood they are probably doing pretty well out of their life of crime and will probably never be brought to justice.. sad state of affairs really.
Old 10 January 2010, 10:39 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

It was on the local radio on every news bulletin. And London is 130miles away, so not not exactly local news.

Tragic all the same.
Old 10 January 2010, 11:09 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He was a brave man and I am very sorry he was murdered.

Time the authorities started awarding real punishments that will stop these yobs from carrying weapons and using them to kill.

They deserve to be strung up.

Les
Old 10 January 2010, 02:32 PM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

I personally wouldn't chase anyone who had grabbed someones bag even if it was the wifes.

He maybe a hero but he never got her bag back and now his family have to suffer!!

Whats the worse that would have happened to the women who's bag was stolen. They may of got a few quid. I think it was stupid chasing them.

Poor guy and even worse for his family!!
Old 10 January 2010, 02:44 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

A brave man, and a sad loss. I hope someone was able to get a good description of the attackers so they can be caught, punished and hopefully beaten to death in prison
Old 10 January 2010, 02:51 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

A real hero, RIP fella.....
Old 10 January 2010, 04:20 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulg1979
I personally wouldn't chase anyone who had grabbed someones bag even if it was the wifes.

He maybe a hero but he never got her bag back and now his family have to suffer!!

Whats the worse that would have happened to the women who's bag was stolen. They may of got a few quid. I think it was stupid chasing them.

Poor guy and even worse for his family!!
You are right - and TBH I don't think I would do anything.

As a Sikh this is what is instilled in us, specifically Sikhs that are baptised (thereby carrying the ceremonial dagger, steel bracelet ..... etc) that we have been given a responsibility to protect the 'defenceless, 'weak', 'downtrodden' - I know in modern times these groups take different forms and it is somewhat of a cliche but there are some people that live up to the ideal and live up to what they believed in and for that
Old 10 January 2010, 04:37 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by impreza_sports_nutter
Hi - as a member of humanity and specifically the Sikh community I am proud to know that we have the following people who are still prepared to fight for the rights of others, at the cost of their own lives as in this case:

BBC News - Man stabbed to death chasing muggers in east London

It's a shame that the media have other rubbish to report about and I can't help feeling that it if wasn't an immigrant then it might've had more coverage.

It seems that that we're good at making heroes out of idiotic celebrities but those that have truly deserved the title are shunned to the sidelines!

Condolences to the family!

Jai

What a damn shame. RIP

I think this got as much coverage as any other 'normal' person, everyday occurance or so it seems there days thanks to Blair and now Brown. Tough on crime, tough on the causes... - my ar$e - Unless you are speeding it is not seen as important anymore.
Old 10 January 2010, 04:38 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt

A real hero, RIP fella.....
As above,,,,,,,R.I.P.
Old 10 January 2010, 04:54 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I bet even if they catch his killers they don't get jail, the only definate way a jail term would of been obvious was if he has chased after them and killed them and he got jailed as this seems to be the way of the british justice system!
Old 10 January 2010, 05:02 PM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

I think its all down to not being allowed to give your children a slap anymore. My Mum used to give me a few slaps when I was young and it did teach me a lesson. Kids are definitely worse now then they were 15 years ago!! I never feared of being stabbed years ago and now days is the norm.
Old 10 January 2010, 05:26 PM
greenonedave
Scooby Regular

I live local to Barking and I just want you to know that this sad loss of life has been given plenty of coverage in the local media, He was a brave person, and it makes no difference as to his colour,creed or religion its the person inside what mattered !
Shame that we are being plagued by the rubbish of the world
Old 10 January 2010, 05:29 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I get fed up with people being called 'Heroes' - when they clearly are not, they are normally just doing their job.

But this man, he did something out of choice - and died doing something right .... he is a Hero in my book.

I'm sorry he died, I'm sorry his family has lost a clearly great man - I hope the killers will suffer, but we all know they won't It will be manslaughter, 7 years - but out in 3!!
Old 10 January 2010, 08:40 PM
Stealth
Scooby Regular

****ing *******!!!!!!!

Should cut the hands of the theiving little ****s and then stab them with their own hands!!

What makes these people think that the world owes them a free living and go around taking things that don't belong to them..... Taking a Purse is bad enough but to take a Human life is ****ing disgusting, what is wrong with these people.

Fair play to Mr Singh for makeing a stand and trying to make a difference, the world doesn't have enough of these courages sorts of people, and it pains me to say that that is probably down to the prospect of this happening!

His family and friends should be proud and the little ****ers that did this should be hanged!!!
Old 10 January 2010, 08:42 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Higher chance of getting away scot free

TX.

Originally Posted by gallois
The muggers who killed this man will die lingering deaths and will be forever murderers and cowards.
Old 10 January 2010, 08:47 PM
Will
BANNED

Bloody shame!! One hell of an bloke. RIP
Old 10 January 2010, 08:53 PM
daddyscoob
Scooby Regular

A true hero such a shame he paid with his life. I wish all the worst on his killers may they die slow horrible and painful deaths
Old 10 January 2010, 09:09 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Brave in today's society, yes. Heroic, no. He did what should only be natural to any person and I'm sure he would have agreed with that. Unfortunately something that was once a natural thing to do has now become a real risk. A shítty state of affairs indeed.

RIP.
Old 11 January 2010, 12:55 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

If no one stands up to this sort of behaviour it will of course get worse. It is down to the authorities to do something that will make a real difference instead of just making what they think are the right noises and no action, just like they usually do!

Les
Old 11 January 2010, 01:15 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have chased them. Look what he got for his efforts.... stabbed to death.

I'd have first started phoning the Police, than once they'd finished mugging the girl, gone over and checked she (not her property) was alright. Waited for the Police to arrive and made a statement. I wouldn't have been harmed, and the girl would have just lost replaceable items.

Same as if I came across a young child in distress. The last thing I'd do is walk over and try to help. All it would take is for the parents to suddenly see their child talking to a strange man, or walking with a strange man (even if it was only to take it to a shop assistant/policeman etc) for you to suddenly be a Pedophile and beaten to death by the child's father.

Gone are the times when you can help someone without being attacked for your efforts
Old 11 January 2010, 01:27 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

i got my face slashed defending my own possessions in 2000. would i do it again??? hell yes, but not for anyone elses property i hasten to add.

also, didnt these attackers run off first? my concern would be making sure the injured party is ok, difficult call in the heat of trhe moment, with emotions and adrenaline rushing, but still echoes a sad state of affairs and an other classic example of a great country's decline.

RIP Fella